Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Burt posted:

Dutch cruisers. Why? And more importantly HOW?

Just had a game with 45 hits and did 7500 damage in the tier 6 and I'm thinking I may just stop right there.

Tier 6 and 7 light cruisers are really bad now, your HE doesn't do anything. Thanks Wargaming.

I think the tier 6 and 7 Dutch cruisers would have been kind of fun if they came out before IFHE was changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
Do they get better at T9? Thinking of FXPing up a bit for something different, but I just dont see many redeeming qualities?

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

We've been running a Gouden Leeuw in Clan Battles, it's been pretty decent at countering the very standard island camping gameplay a lot of teams like to run with Petro/Stalin/DesMoines/Moskva. Send someone out wide to spot and then constantly drop bombs on stationary targets to force them into the open and misplay.

They're frustrating if you enjoy, you know, shooting things, but they've definitely got a place in the game once you figure out the airdrops. Personally not a fan of any damage accumulator gameplay but there is a certain glee to dropping three squadrons of laser accurate "gently caress you" on some fool in the 'De 7 Provinciën' and the 13km range of the TX is nasty.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
D7P is the only Dutch cruiser I've got - does it get more/better airstrikes than the techtree? I'm guessing you just play it as an airstrike spotter and try to avoid relying on your guns.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Yolomon Wayne posted:

No you clown, i dont play a yoshino - i play Petro/DM/Nevski for cruisers, Ragnar/Z/Halland/Shima/Harugu for DDs and Schlieffen/GK/Kremlin/Yama for BBs.
Doesnt help if you lose 2-3 ships in 4 minutes, but of course this is my fault too - it always is, its the only "point" you always make, unbased asumptions aside.

I just wanted to reply to this again, because I'm 19 wins and 2 losses (zero stars lost) over the past two days in silver ranked. Teams are going to be poo poo, both teams. The single biggest thing to do is play dds, and play them well. If your dds die, it's so much harder to win games, and the best way to make that happen is to be the dd, preferably in Smaland, Marceau, Ragnar, Daring, or some other dd that can gunboat and cap. If you die early then you lose any ability to influence the round, and most likely cost your team the game. It isn't 'poo poo teams', its your own play that is the only thing you can control to influence rounds.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Dutch cruisers - the T8 Haarlem is among the very worst ships in the game IMO, right up there with Z-31. If they did nothing else but give it cruiser duration fires it would help massively.

The DeWitt I think is very strong, and thats me playing it without really mastering the air strikes. I ran it with range mod which IMO is necessary.

Haven't played enough Golden Loeuw to really say.

It feels like WG balanced these ships based on some unicum player managing to land every single airstrike without fail.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A reminder that the Petro is a weak cruiser because of its low HE DPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q8hHvPquY8

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I had previously bought the A. Nevsky, but now I sold her and bought a Petropavlovsk instead.

So you can finally look forward to some spicy Petro nerfs within the next hour or so.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

kaesarsosei posted:

It feels like WG balanced these ships based on some unicum player managing to land every single airstrike without fail.

Worse than that. They balanced it based on Unicom players “testing” the air strikes against stationary AI targets in a training room, then bitching all over YouTube about how unacceptable it was that there was such a good counter to island humping.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I really enjoy the Lion. I had a late game situation where I got the drop on a Neptune as he came out behind an island broadside to me. It was cathartic. Also, Witherer medals make me giggle a little.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Saul Kain posted:

I really enjoy the Lion. I had a late game situation where I got the drop on a Neptune as he came out behind an island broadside to me. It was cathartic. Also, Witherer medals make me giggle a little.

Just wait until you get the Conqueror then!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NTRabbit posted:

A reminder that the Petro is a weak cruiser because of its low HE DPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q8hHvPquY8

It's like 3/4 of the enemy team decided to just slowly float broadside to his Petro. :iiam:

General Battuta posted:

D7P is the only Dutch cruiser I've got - does it get more/better airstrikes than the techtree? I'm guessing you just play it as an airstrike spotter and try to avoid relying on your guns.

It also has some of the best mid range AA in the game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Uhh the Petro sure is ... something.

First game in it :psyduck:

Should've been an easy win except our X-52 yoloed into a Shima's torps and our Zao spent half the battle reversing into the corner of a map.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I just discovered that I have a Nobilium perma-camo for the Lexington. I wasn't aware of any events/missions awarding that recently - did it come out of a container while I wasn't paying attention?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

kaesarsosei posted:

I just discovered that I have a Nobilium perma-camo for the Lexington. I wasn't aware of any events/missions awarding that recently - did it come out of a container while I wasn't paying attention?

Probably picked it up if you played the Halloween event.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

People have really unrealistic expectations for destroyers. Like I could kill all three enemy destroyers, cap three points solo, and have two dozen spotting ribbons and be accused of not capping, not spotting, and hiding in spawn, all by a cruiser player who is in the bottom quarter of scorers.

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014
For those confused about the birthday coupon. It didn't show up for me in the in game store GUI but worked through the website.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

BattleMaster posted:

People have really unrealistic expectations for destroyers. Like I could kill all three enemy destroyers, cap three points solo, and have two dozen spotting ribbons and be accused of not capping, not spotting, and hiding in spawn, all by a cruiser player who is in the bottom quarter of scorers.

I got reported and then convos by a dude in a Z-52 saying I was worthless last night.

I was in my Fletcher and: capped two caps, spotted for 100k damage, sank 3 ships, and was 2nd in experience after the match.

This guy was right in the middle as far as experience goes.

Why did I suck so bad?

Because I wasn’t able to carry in a 3 v 1 at the end with less than 10% health. So even destroyer players have unrealistic expectations of other destroyers.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Always easier to blame everyone else rather than look in the mirror.

And I mean the pubbie here.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
There are a lot of special people playing this game. I usually stat shame the really bad ones, or if they have good stats I shame them on the fact that they should "know better", or if their profile is private I call them a coward. Wins all around. :getin:

I'll say it again, unless someone at WG has stated that the in game reporting does anything other then change your "karma" you can ignore it. The only real way to report someone is filing a ticket/report on their website.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
The few times I’ve seen visceral awfulness I’ve screenshotted and submitted reports on the web page. No idea if anything comes from it in the end.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Velius posted:

The few times I’ve seen visceral awfulness I’ve screenshotted and submitted reports on the web page. No idea if anything comes from it in the end.

It's literally the only way to get chat banned.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Stanley Pain posted:

I'll say it again, unless someone at WG has stated that the in game reporting does anything other then change your "karma" you can ignore it. The only real way to report someone is filing a ticket/report on their website.

Some in game reporting does stuff. For example I think 3 AFK reports force the game to do a check to see if you did anything in the match that made it look like you were playing. If not, it turns you pink.

Similarly I believe 3 “misbehavior in chat” reports causes an automatic chat ban for the rest of the match, and then a check for key Wargamming forbidden words (curse words or ‘Nazi’), and if those show up a longer chat ban based on a number of factors—e.g. how many times have you been chat banned in the past, and when was the last chat ban.

But really, yes… it just hurts your karma; and I consider myself having done something wrong whenever my karma > 10.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

Some in game reporting does stuff. For example I think 3 AFK reports force the game to do a check to see if you did anything in the match that made it look like you were playing. If not, it turns you pink.

Similarly I believe 3 “misbehavior in chat” reports causes an automatic chat ban for the rest of the match, and then a check for key Wargamming forbidden words (curse words or ‘Nazi’), and if those show up a longer chat ban based on a number of factors—e.g. how many times have you been chat banned in the past, and when was the last chat ban.

But really, yes… it just hurts your karma; and I consider myself having done something wrong whenever my karma > 10.

Are you 100% sure of this? Had someone spamming chat and they ended up with our entire team + about 1/2 the enemy team reporting him. Didn't get chat banned and ran into that person again later on in the day and they were still spamming chat.

In anycase, pretty safe to ignore anyone "reporting" you.

I did eat a 30 day chat ban when someone properly reported me for being a poo poo head in chat though ;)

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Stanley Pain posted:

It's literally the only way to get chat banned.

It isn’t. You can absolutely be chat banned for a division reporting you for misbehavior in chat if you say any checked for words, which includes all the usual swear words. So the game doesn’t block you saying them, but it does enable punishing you for it. All my chat bans have been for “what are you guys doing, you’re throwing the loving game” sort of stuff.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZombieLenin posted:

I've actually gotten a lot of +1s these past few days by doing normal CV things like spotting DDs. It's scary.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Velius posted:

It isn’t. You can absolutely be chat banned for a division reporting you for misbehavior in chat if you say any checked for words, which includes all the usual swear words. So the game doesn’t block you saying them, but it does enable punishing you for it. All my chat bans have been for “what are you guys doing, you’re throwing the loving game” sort of stuff.

I'm going to have to test this out, because in the last couple of years I've never seen this happen without actually filing a report.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Velius posted:

You can also be chat banned for saying “I am gay” in chat—so gay is one of the swear words. I guess I get it because you might want to punish other people for homophobic poo poo like calling other players “gay” as a slur… but it’s funny to me that “gay,” even in reference to yourself, can result in a chat ban.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm going to have to test this out, because in the last couple of years I've never seen this happen without actually filing a report.

You can absolutely get chat banned if you get enough reports in one game. It's happened to me a few times by doing things like calling out a three man division of players from a clan called "Deutches Totenkopf" who started the match with some literal "wir müssen die Zukunft eines weißen Europas für unsere Kinder bewahren" poo poo.

I didn't use any Bad Words or anything, just said that they were nazis. They tried to TK me and failed, so I egged them on and said they were about as effective as their real life nazi heroes. Then they apparently reported me because I got chat banned for a day shortly afterwards for "trying to go around the chat filters" or some poo poo, whatever the automated chat ban message is.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 5, 2022

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Does the filter catch Gnatsees

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
If I got chat banned but it turns out someone has had to have spent the time taking screen shots and opening tickets to accomplish that, then I consider myself the winner. And that is as someone who picks up at least 1 2-week chat ban every ranked season.

Edit: This is incredibly pendantic but I have 12 NY certificates left. Should I get 2xMega and 2xNormal, or 4xBig Santa containers? I'm thinking the latter.

kaesarsosei fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 5, 2022

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

kaesarsosei posted:

If I got chat banned but it turns out someone has had to have spent the time taking screen shots and opening tickets to accomplish that, then I consider myself the winner. And that is as someone who picks up at least 1 2-week chat ban every ranked season.

Edit: This is incredibly pendantic but I have 12 NY certificates left. Should I get 2xMega and 2xNormal, or 4xBig Santa containers? I'm thinking the latter.

I would go Megas, the reward chance is significantly higher then more of the middle ones.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Stanley Pain posted:

Are you 100% sure of this? Had someone spamming chat and they ended up with our entire team + about 1/2 the enemy team reporting him. Didn't get chat banned and ran into that person again later on in the day and they were still spamming chat.

I don't think spamming quick commands triggers the automatic chat ban. It's a word filter, they have to do something really bad like use the fart-word.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

AAAAAA I can't decide between the Napoli and Max Immelmann! They both seem fun, and they've been around for similar amounts of times so they both feel equally likely to get removed.

Aaaaaaa!

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

You could be a fun adder or a fun subtractor, I think the choice is clear.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

General Battuta posted:

You could be a fun adder or a fun subtractor, I think the choice is clear.

But I actively hate most of the players in the game and wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

But I actively hate most of the players in the game and wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

I think you know what you must do. I think objectively the Max is a better purchase if you do the CV thing at all. The Napoli is a tanky beast with a fun but limited gimmick.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Buy Napoli out of principle. gently caress CVs.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

suck my woke dick posted:

Buy Napoli out of principle. gently caress CVs.

Nah, we need them to do more premium CVs. I'm still waiting for the hybrid carrier. Not hybrid BB or CA. But a hybrid carrier. That being the lexington at launch with her 203mm guns mounted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Nah, we need them to do more premium CVs. I'm still waiting for the hybrid carrier. Not hybrid BB or CA. But a hybrid carrier. That being the lexington at launch with her 203mm guns mounted.

how would putting 203 mm secondary guns on a carrier add something interesting, there is already a carrier with secondary guns that are more useful than 80% of a pensacola and it is widely considered bad

also every carrier added to world of warships makes it worse