Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hey xbox people! How hard is it to score the Series X in 2022? I’m familiar with discording or similar, did that for my graphics card.

My good buddy’s emotionally abusive wife (who never let him have one) left him yesterday and I wanna surprise him with an xbox.

Edit: ExBox?

Rolo fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Easier than a year ago but still hard. Took me ~2 weeks of trying.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I haven't paid attention in a while, but last I heard there's an app called hotstock or something, or you could follow Wario64 on Twitter and hope you get lucky. You're a good friend, best of luck.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

American McGay posted:

https://twitter.com/DrinkBoxStudios/status/1478803493452279810?t=UwQQu1Q2iDoJY4HJvFayTw&s=19

Another perfect Game Pass game, one that I'll play and enjoy but absolutely would feel stupid paying $20 for. The Xbox has usurped the Switch as my indie gaming machine.

I played the demo they released last month and it was so good I stopped playing it to wait for the full release. I wouldn't feel bad or stupid about paying $20 for it either, it's that good.

Besides, Guacamelee rules and it's the same Devs.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hopefully there are less internet meme references than Guacamelee

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Ubisoft have gone on record now stating that their sub will not be part of GamePass but will be on the console.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Real hurthling! posted:

I was so hype for splunky 2 after playing and beating the first and then it owned me too much and too capriciously even for me as a big fan

Yup. I bought it day one and bounced off it after a few days. Great game. Too fuckin hard for me though.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Rolo posted:

Hey xbox people! How hard is it to score the Series X in 2022? I’m familiar with discording or similar, did that for my graphics card.

My good buddy’s emotionally abusive wife (who never let him have one) left him yesterday and I wanna surprise him with an xbox.

Edit: ExBox?

For what it's worth I just cancelled an xbox pickup from Bestbuy, none of my coworkers or friends wanted one, but they do want a PS5.

My Local bay area facebook Marketplace has quite a few listed between 550$ and 600$ barely above tax and msrp

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/jronald/status/1478856798102646785

False alarm everyone

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

External Organs posted:

I've never played an Assassin's Creed and at this point I'm too afraid to try.

AssCreed 2 is really loving good and the Ezio Collection is the best way to play it. That's my Ubisoft recommendation.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MVG and all the other youtube crybabies in shambles as per usual

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Reactionaries STAY losing.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
We've heard from you and will not be raising the Xbox Live price.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Laffo if you think I'm subscribing to you Ubisoft (so many people are going to)

Dehry posted:

We've heard from you and will not be raising the Xbox Live price.

People, myself included, were still able to boot into the mode while those videos were being churned out about it being silently shut down.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Evil Badman posted:

Ubisoft have gone on record now stating that their sub will not be part of GamePass but will be on the console.

not surprised. there have been rumors for a while of Ubi+ coming to Game Pass, but I never put too much stock in them, given that the current Ubi+ service on PC includes all new Ubi games on Day 1 with DLC. I can't see how it would make any financial sense for Ubi to give all that to Game Pass subscribers at no additional charge.

two more plausible possibilities are (a) that they launch a cheaper tier of Ubi+ that doesn't include day 1 releases or DLC, and that tier comes to Game Pass like EA Play (which, at least on PC, has a more expensive tier that's roughly equivalent to the current Ubi+), or (b) Ubisoft brings more non-Day 1 releases to Game Pass independently of Ubi+.

in any case, I hope Immortals comes to Game Pass this year. would really like to give that one a shot

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
All thr Ubisoft games end up being 10-20$ after a year or so anyways

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Anyone have the wired 8bitdo controller for Xbox? What do you think about it? I’m assuming it is the same as the Pro 2 I have but want to make sure there isn’t any issues with it before I buy it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm that guy who buys and plays nearly every Ubisoft game so I'm happy. Although their quality has dropped lately even by my low standards.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I’ve got Assassin’s Creed Origins, and all I’ve ever done is historical mode where they take you on a tour all over Egypt.

Totally satisfied. They should make more educational demos.

edit: apostrophes don’t work I guess

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

otter posted:

Mine too. Is it possible it was an error?
Apparently you have to have a “store presence” within 90 days.
Boo. Maybe we can still fly under the radar

Theyre either backpedaling or it was an honest error. Either way they're working to reactivate disabled accounts. Which is a relief, it actually was the final domino that pushed into buying an S.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I will take them at their face and I think it might have been an accident. But man, the internet freakout today was something.

And why did no one tell me that Tales of Arise kinda slaps? I have a long game ahead, but are other Tales games from last generation worth it?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Berseria is fun but Zesteria is pretty awful

Barudak
May 7, 2007

tensai posted:

I will take them at their face and I think it might have been an accident. But man, the internet freakout today was something.

And why did no one tell me that Tales of Arise kinda slaps? I have a long game ahead, but are other Tales games from last generation worth it?

Beseria (not on xbox)

Be warned also the quality of Arise peaks at the start before you get too excited and wondering why nobody else is effusively praising the game.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

tensai posted:

You will NOT screw with me in the middle of my FF6 romhack playthrough, Mr Xbox.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Speaking of dev mode and retroarch and all that, I just picked up a Series X and was going to wade into that, but I saw you have to dedicate a partition of the drive to the dev mode. I haven't even taken the system out of the box yet, but is 100gb the preferred amount when you set up?

(I do want to use the system as a normal XBox as well, the dev mode stuff is just bonus)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Speaking of dev mode and retroarch and all that, I just picked up a Series X and was going to wade into that, but I saw you have to dedicate a partition of the drive to the dev mode. I haven't even taken the system out of the box yet, but is 100gb the preferred amount when you set up?

You really don't need that much. Also you can look into emulators in retail mode now as well.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can play games off of a USB drive so you don’t need too much space, just enough room for bios and stuff

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fly Ricky posted:

I’ve got Assassin’s Creed Origins, and all I’ve ever done is historical mode where they take you on a tour all over Egypt.

They did the historical/discovery mode for the two AC games after that as well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can you play emulators and stuff on Xbox without getting banned from live? Or is it like you have to dedicate your Xbox to never connect to Xbox live?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

Can you play emulators and stuff on Xbox without getting banned from live? Or is it like you have to dedicate your Xbox to never connect to Xbox live?
Dev Mode is separate from the normal "retail mode" and you can't play retail games in it until you switch back, so it's totally safe.

The various attempts to sneak Retail Mode versions of the apps onto the MS Store tend to get taken down on the regular, but I don't think you'll be banned for it. It just might, I dunno, vanish off your HDD or something.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I have had a couple retail RetroArch apps that got removed from the store. I still have them on my system, but they don't update obviously. There's usually a new one posted on YouTube about every other week.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Fly Ricky posted:

real life lore is so cool sometimes

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

They did the historical/discovery mode for the two AC games after that as well.

No kidding? Well I’ll add them to the list, thanks.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

real life lore is so cool sometimes

Hell yeah. The way you walk around those populated areas while a narrator talks you through the history is fantastic. I’ve been to Egypt but experiencing it in the proper time frame is something else.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Fly Ricky posted:

In my Origins playthrough I somehow unlocked a demonic warhorse skin early on, so I played the entire game looking like a rider of the apocalypse. It was pretty rad.

But yeah, I did the historical mode afterwards and it was really well done.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they all suck lol

Rayman Legends is a wonderful game you shut your mouth! :mad:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rayman Legends and Child of Light came out in 2013 and 2014 respectively and are I think the last Ubi games I liked unreservedly

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

They sure found a way to break uno. Early pandemic was full of some late rear end nights playing uno with wifey on the Xbox. Then they updated it and made it crash all the time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Turns out Uno ran on penises all along

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

one is the loneliest member

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Kins posted:

Dev Mode is separate from the normal "retail mode" and you can't play retail games in it until you switch back, so it's totally safe.

The various attempts to sneak Retail Mode versions of the apps onto the MS Store tend to get taken down on the regular, but I don't think you'll be banned for it. It just might, I dunno, vanish off your HDD or something.

Interesting!

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 6, 2022