Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Stux posted:

name one ps4 game that isnt garbage, on another platform, or bloodborne

I was gonna say 13 sentinels but that’s coming to Switch, Persona 5 Royal is good if Persona 5 being on PS3 doesn’t disqualify it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Looper posted:

does it count if it's another sony platform?

yes

hatty posted:

I was gonna say 13 sentinels but that’s coming to Switch, Persona 5 Royal is good if Persona 5 being on PS3 doesn’t disqualify it

i will allow a .5 for royal

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Barreft posted:

Get Dread.

e: Considering how much we all argue over everything here, Dread has been pretty universally praised.

Yeah well I'm still crunching through SMTV so I think this is the right call. A nice snappy action game sounds like a better get than yet another 100 hour rpg

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Looper posted:

animal crossing is primarily a solo experience, mario maker you just need an internet connection to download levels, warioware is fun co-op but the actual party mode is pretty lacking compared to the gamecube one

The new Warioware is built entirely for co-op, the title is literally “get it together”, as in “together with another person (or multiple people)”. Also I’d love to know who you’re downloading Mario Maker levels from if it’s not other players.

all of those games are primarily built for social and/or multiplayer gaming, that’s the whole reason they exist. Which is good, because Nintendo recognizes that if they want millions of people to buy their games they have to make games for all different kinds of people. That’s what they’ve always done. They make cool single-player adventures, fun competitive games, social and cooperative games, and weird little accessory-driven experiments.

If you want a console that only has single player games buy a PlayStation. (Which also isn’t an insult, because I love my PlayStation, just that complaining that half of the games Nintendo has made are not aimed directly at you is kinda silly)

b_d posted:

loved playing wario ware on the gba and 3ds, whole family huddled around the handheld screen and reaching in to push buttons.

I can’t tell if this is a joke but the original Warioware did have single-screen mini games for multiple people and every version of the game released on a home console had party gaming as an explicit goal. Plus they had DIY on the DS, which is also social gaming because you don’t just make levels for yourself.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

KingSlime posted:

Yeah well I'm still crunching through SMTV so I think this is the right call. A nice snappy action game sounds like a better get than yet another 100 hour rpg

It's a really good change of pace. I'm also playing SMTV and it's nice to jump into Dread and just... play Dread. Hard to describe but it's praised for a reason.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i wish the warioware team would make us a new rhythm heaven, that is a special series

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Stux posted:

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
clearly does not meet requirements

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

A truer post has never been posted.

I'm gonna peace out and remind myself not to post so much when I'm not feeling well. I get grumpy.

:glomp:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Stux posted:

clearly does not meet requirements

Well you must tell me what other console it’s on because it ain’t garbage and it ain’t bloodborne

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

A truer post has never been posted.

I'm gonna peace out and remind myself not to post so much when I'm not feeling well. I get grumpy.

We're all in this shithole together. It's all good. Play more Switch, makes less grumpy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

The new Warioware is built entirely for co-op, the title is literally “get it together”, as in “together with another person (or multiple people)”. Also I’d love to know who you’re downloading Mario Maker levels from if it’s not other players.

all of those games are primarily built for social and/or multiplayer gaming, that’s the whole reason they exist. Which is good, because Nintendo recognizes that if they want millions of people to buy their games they have to make games for all different kinds of people. That’s what they’ve always done. They make cool single-player adventures, fun competitive games, social and cooperative games, and weird little accessory-driven experiments.

If you want a console that only has single player games buy a PlayStation. (Which also isn’t an insult, because I love my PlayStation, just that complaining that half of the games Nintendo has made are not aimed directly at you is kinda silly)

I can’t tell if this is a joke but the original Warioware did have single-screen mini games for multiple people and every version of the game released on a home console had party gaming as an explicit goal. Plus they had DIY on the DS, which is also social gaming because you don’t just make levels for yourself.

both games are perfectly playable and enjoyable solo. namaste, try not to be so patronizing next time

Stux posted:

yes

i will allow a .5 for royal

odin sphere leifthrasir

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Oh last guardian is pretty good, the ending made me cry but my dog died the week I finished it so that might’ve influenced my reaction

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spider-Man
Uncharted 4
TLOU
TLOU2
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 2
Ratchet and Clank
Death Stranding
Persona 5
The Last Guardian
Infamous
Hatsune Miku Project Diva X

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Looper posted:

both games are perfectly playable and enjoyable solo. namaste, try not to be so patronizing next time

The original post said “multiplayer-focused and party games” not “incapable of being enjoyed with one player.” I had a good time with both solo but that doesn’t change the fact that they are, at their core, social gaming experiences and not “meaty single-player adventures”

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Stux posted:

Death stranding PC port is perfect. I want to kiss it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spider-Man
Uncharted 4
TLOU
TLOU2
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 2
Ratchet and Clank
Death Stranding
Persona 5
The Last Guardian
Infamous

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spider-Man
Uncharted 4
TLOU
TLOU2
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 2
Ratchet and Clank
Death Stranding
Persona 5
The Last Guardian
Infamous

you seem to have not understood the quesiton

Looper posted:

odin sphere leifthrasir

that game is on 2 other playstations, 3 if u count the original

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if there were like, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Future, and when you pulled the master sword you went into like the future

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Well it's done, I just spent $64 on a digital only version of dread that I can never resell. Pretty short game too if other Metroids are anything to go by. Impatience is a bitch but also I love being all digital so w/e

Giving the game time to download, I'm hyped!

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What if there were like, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Future, and when you pulled the master sword you went into like the future

That’s Ocarina of Time, you just made Ocarina of Time again

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
poo poo wrong thread

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

KingSlime posted:

Well it's done, I just spent $64 on a digital only version of dread that I can never resell. Pretty short game too if other Metroids are anything to go by. Impatience is a bitch but also I love being all digital so w/e

You made a great decision

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

KingSlime posted:

It’s short but during my 10 or so hour there was only about one half-hour where I was frustrated to the point of not liking it (as opposed to the good kind of frustration that makes you better at killing bosses) and the rest of the game is intense like a roller coaster that is perpetually going downhill

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KingSlime posted:

It's time to face the facts: classic zelda style games are an outdated relic from a different era of gaming with an increasingly niche audience

Classic style Zelda doesn't even offer gacha style gambling mechanics. Throw that poo poo in the trash.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Every single 2D Zelda has a gambling minigame lol.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
So, just ordered a switch. What's a good casual game for me to introduce my girlfriend to. She didn't like multiplayer Mario Kart 64 when we played it a while back because she's got a pretty competitive streak and gets frustrated with losing at competitive games before she can build up enough skill to really compete. So I'm not starting her on Mario Kart, but maybe once she's got more of the basic game hand-eye stuff down it'll be easier. I haven't really played games much in the last 10-15 years, so there's not much of a skill level to catch up to :D

Is there something good that's co-operative? If not, maybe mini-games or puzzle games, because it feels like past experience has less bearing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Put Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on switch you fucks

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Overcooked...

:twisted::laugh::unsmigghh:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
drat only an hour into dread but it feels amazing. This is the true power of 60 frames per second.

But yeah this might not be botw or Odyssey scope but it sure as hell feels like it has the same level of polish and focus

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Andrast posted:

Put Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on switch you fucks

please.... and free muramasa rebirth from the vita

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think I should play A Short Hike again before I seriously melt down.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Waltzing Along posted:

I think I should play A Short Hike again before I seriously melt down.

Did this earlier for that reason.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

American McGay posted:

Every single 2D Zelda has a gambling minigame lol.

Zelda 2 doesn't :colbert:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I am playing through SMT5 and dread at the same time. Smt is much longer but dread requires me to be paying a lot more attention

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

DC Murderverse posted:

VS Dong Dong on GBA Warioware was the absolute best.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
link awakens . . . and goes back to sleep after seeing the hideous graphics in the remake

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Zelda 2 doesn't :colbert:

zelda 2 has side on and overhead parts so if you put it together it's 3D.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I just bought Dusk and for some bizarre reason it looks really nice on the Switch screen. Everything feels really crisp and smooth in a way I didn't feel when it was on PC. No explanation from me, just another miracle from God's own console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I just ordered a physical copy of Dread. It's weird buying cartridges again after not having a console since the PS2. It sounds stupid but I felt a sense of wonder that the tiny BotW cartridge contained such a big world to explore. Truly the switch is magical.