Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Durzel posted:

The Doctor Who crossover is explained thus, by someone from the other side:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/rwl7z7/doctor_who_fan_here_something_i_think_you_need_to/

The long and short of it is - NFTs. Of course it's NFTs. Apparently the BBC got involved with some company in 2020 who was promising an "online NFT card game" using Doctor Who as a foundation, and whilst it never went anywhere then, and no game exists even now, of course Pearl Abyss got a whiff of it and here we are.

Guaranteed the next part of this "event" is going to be NFTs.

lol Eve is dead. A hollowed out carcass of a space game.

lmao welp, I actually really love Eve-Online, but this would be the end for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
big shock

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

I really can't wait to buy all my killmails from ccp and own them with a random string of text that no one else could ever have, but with doctor who cloths on my character... said like 2 people ever

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I just want to kill whovians. Time to stage a bunch of hecates.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I just want to kill whovians. Time to stage a bunch of hecates.

Allegedly it's intanced PvE where you're sheltered from being killed. Don't know if the entrances will be campable tho

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Jesus loving christ

just open the Eve Gate already and have us fight whatever's left of humanity from the Milky Way

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Bob Socko posted:

Jesus loving christ

just open the Eve Gate already and have us fight whatever's left of humanity from the Milky Way

Thera is the Sol solar system

E A R T H

T H E R A

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

whOVIAN jOVIAN

I think we figured out the lore answer for the Jovian Disease.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
Cross promotional content is the absolute cutting edge in this industry, and it grows our brand. Remember the floss dance all the kids were doing? What if I told you that floss dance came from a video game!?

I’m not making GBS threads you here jerkoff that meme dance came from a video game. Your 12 your old nephew wasn’t just gyrating, that fat gently caress was building a brand.

What was Fortnite’s 2020 revenue? Any guesses? Any of you loving troglodytes wanna throw a number out there? How about 1.8? That’s a number.

How about 1.8 loving billion.

And how did they do it? Because your brains are so loving small and mead addled you can’t conceive, let me tell you.

Cross. Brand. Promotional. Content.

And that is why I’m here boys and girls. This is an errand of mercy. Pearl Abyss sent me down here to show you how you pay the loving bills… because the next play is we put your rear end on a corner and sell your holes - okay Torgeir?

You have failed three times to break into the Japanese market. You know why? I don’t give a gently caress what your Icelandic bullshit fairy market research says Thor.

You couldn’t cut it in Japan because your spaceships got no titties.

All you had to do was a little cross brand promotion with nubile schoolgirl dating simulator 4… ship skins, avatars, a little naked cat girl who dances in the bottom of your UI. You swap IP and let all your horny whales gently caress the robot chick, while Japanese players get T&A skins for their titans… from the cash shop.

Imagine it… vaporizing your enemies with terrifying laser beams fired from giant anime titties. What fat thirty five year old virgin isn’t going to blow five figures on that?

Are you in love with my vision of the future of EVE yet? Are you starting to get what I’m talking about here!? I think you are…

By show of hands: How many of you are edging right now, just thinking about a Marvel’s Avenger’s Eve viral marketing campaign?

I know you are. I loving smell it.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
this is the stupidest thing that ccp has ever done, and they've done some stupid loving poo poo

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Stereotype posted:

this is the stupidest thing that ccp has ever done, and they've done some stupid loving poo poo

Such as?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Baculus posted:

Such as?

:ccp:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Baculus posted:

Such as?

You really gotta ask???????????

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
this your first day???

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Baculus posted:

Such as?

*Gestures vaguely around*

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Baculus posted:

Cross promotional content is the absolute cutting edge in this industry, and it grows our brand. Remember the floss dance all the kids were doing? What if I told you that floss dance came from a video game!?

I’m not making GBS threads you here jerkoff that meme dance came from a video game. Your 12 your old nephew wasn’t just gyrating, that fat gently caress was building a brand.

What was Fortnite’s 2020 revenue? Any guesses? Any of you loving troglodytes wanna throw a number out there? How about 1.8? That’s a number.

How about 1.8 loving billion.

And how did they do it? Because your brains are so loving small and mead addled you can’t conceive, let me tell you.

Cross. Brand. Promotional. Content.

And that is why I’m here boys and girls. This is an errand of mercy. Pearl Abyss sent me down here to show you how you pay the loving bills… because the next play is we put your rear end on a corner and sell your holes - okay Torgeir?

You have failed three times to break into the Japanese market. You know why? I don’t give a gently caress what your Icelandic bullshit fairy market research says Thor.

You couldn’t cut it in Japan because your spaceships got no titties.

All you had to do was a little cross brand promotion with nubile schoolgirl dating simulator 4… ship skins, avatars, a little naked cat girl who dances in the bottom of your UI. You swap IP and let all your horny whales gently caress the robot chick, while Japanese players get T&A skins for their titans… from the cash shop.

Imagine it… vaporizing your enemies with terrifying laser beams fired from giant anime titties. What fat thirty five year old virgin isn’t going to blow five figures on that?

Are you in love with my vision of the future of EVE yet? Are you starting to get what I’m talking about here!? I think you are…

By show of hands: How many of you are edging right now, just thinking about a Marvel’s Avenger’s Eve viral marketing campaign?

I know you are. I loving smell it.

plz source ur quotes tia

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Baculus posted:

Such as?

Ending the T2 BPO lottery. It was way cooler to be able to have random megawealth fall out of the sky than grind forever. :colbert:

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Peak CCP might have been deleting boot.ini as part of a patch installer

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Thera is the Sol solar system

E A R T H

T H E R A

Thera, Terra, whatevva, been known forevva

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

OMFG FURRY posted:

plz source ur quotes tia

:eyepop:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Baculus posted:

What if I told you that floss dance came from a video game!?

can you not spoil the new matrix movie please

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Flossing is good for your dental health you should all do it more.

ButtBot
Nov 28, 2021

NtotheTC posted:

can you not spoil the new buttrix movie please

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

who in god's name thought this was a good idea

it was only marginally funny in irc

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

until I found out about the NFT connection, I wasn't all that bothered by effort at cross brand promotion.

https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/1461094790335012866

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

same, to an extent

cross universe cameo for Eve online does seem pretty drat dumb, but they're always doing dumb poo poo for the holidays, honestly who cares

there's a real life guy who is all but formally recognized in canon lore as Space Pope

it's the NFT slippery slope that's got me concerned. Eva mine still has one of the best examples of real money reserve currencies in a video game out there. don't gently caress that up, CCP.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 6, 2022

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I'll totally quit if they do the NFT thing. Right after I get some sweet nfts.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

yoloer420 posted:

I'll totally quit if they do the NFT thing. Right after I get some sweet nfts.

Didn't they already give NFTs to the AT winners or something?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Yeah I like nft's

Nice
Fuckin
Toctor who

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Doctor Whom

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Baculus posted:

*insert Takemymoney.jpg*

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I’d probably buy a triglavian waifu but the fact it’s non fuckable sort of ruins the whole thing. Idgi

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

When you think about it that lady who just retired from selling canned farts was selling NFTs when you think about it in a way lol

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
hey Baculus how is that CSM17 campaign going, are you excited to join the CSM and help shape the future of new eden

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Micromancer posted:

hey Baculus how is that CSM17 campaign going, are you excited to join the CSM and help shape the future of new eden

I welcome their recent changes to New Eden, but I would invite our illustrious CSM to go further and…

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
None of this would have happened if baculus had won the csm election

titpussyasscum
Dec 2, 2004

every time i come here i get lost as fuck
working at ccp must be like working at ask jeeves

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

I'm enjoying mining and living my days out in space. Doctor Who will come and go.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rudeboy Detective posted:

When you think about it that lady who just retired from selling canned farts was selling NFTs when you think about it in a way lol

uNique Fart Transactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Baculus posted:

I welcome their recent changes to New Eden, but I would invite our illustrious CSM to go further and…

Mr. Starmer????