Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
If game companies didn't want us thirsting after their fictional characters they wouldn't make them hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Macaluso posted:

If game companies didn't want us thirsting after their fictional characters they wouldn't make them hot

There are people who want to gently caress the Tetris pieces.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

There are people who want to gently caress the Tetris pieces.

buddy, they won't even let me gently caress them

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

new xmas skins are good

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1471193648465334275?t=VWXkHGH1vYIIN5-rdc-cpw&s=19

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1471152735198322689?t=fWPcmYGIV9SzAzowj2sT5A&s=19

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1470861462994309123?t=PGqWrYPj3TbrwDN6OK6YLA&s=19

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Man the mech looks awesome but D.Va herself looks hideous in that skin

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It's the blonde hair, it's weird

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

icy genji has the best shurikens

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Wow, finally getting the Orisa reindeer skin I'd hoped for for years when I haven't played in months and months and probably don't have the overcoins to buy it.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I feel like even by Overwatch standards, all the skins since OW2 was announced have been lame. A few decent ones but even then the skin quality has plummeted. I think those D.Va and Genji skins look bad and lame. Orisa reindeer is pretty good though.

I mean, more or less, it is just another symptom of the whole company being a dumpster right now. Can’t wait for the inevitable gacha game for OW 5 years from now as they cash in on dead IP’s.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

ill take icey genji over winston default with some extra wires any day

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

another one https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1471525841008041986

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Lord Packinham posted:

I feel like even by Overwatch standards, all the skins since OW2 was announced have been lame. A few decent ones but even then the skin quality has plummeted. I think those D.Va and Genji skins look bad and lame. Orisa reindeer is pretty good though.

I mean, more or less, it is just another symptom of the whole company being a dumpster right now. Can’t wait for the inevitable gacha game for OW 5 years from now as they cash in on dead IP’s.

it's astounding to me how badly they hosed this IP. Overwatch was insanely popular at one point and like every one of its characters was recognizable. Why they didn't start work on a Netflix series a month after they realized this is beyond me. Instead their plot for the last five years is "Overwatch might be getting back together? to fight Talon? who want to ????"

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

Pattonesque posted:

it's astounding to me how badly they hosed this IP. Overwatch was insanely popular at one point and like every one of its characters was recognizable. Why they didn't start work on a Netflix series a month after they realized this is beyond me. Instead their plot for the last five years is "Overwatch might be getting back together? to fight Talon? who want to ????"

I still can’t believe they are doing the same plot bit over and over. People like the OW cast interacting with each other, not characters we never heard of.

Even riot is doing better with their cardboard cutout characters. Even in terms of LGBT+ characters, riot is doing a better job, not great, but better than blizzard especially after Arcane.

I think it was for doomfist’s intro, they had some anime thing of him loving up tracer and Genji. Just make that but more, set it in the past or something if you don’t want to gently caress up OW2 story.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

They failed the moment they didn't have Doomfist and Hammond meet

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

the xmas ball skin is amazing

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Please tell me Lucio keeps the glasses once put on.
I mean, in my heart I know the answer, but COME ON!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/YourOverwatchYT/status/1471587292196360198

lots of this sort of thing going around today from OW content creators

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Crazy that Bobby Kotick is gonna resign in an Overwatch update.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
overwatch is canned, oh happy day

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Pattonesque posted:

https://twitter.com/YourOverwatchYT/status/1471587292196360198

lots of this sort of thing going around today from OW content creators

Can't believe they're finally gonna delete ball.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Does anyone even play this dead game anymore?
I usually just grind out/buy the event skins and don't touch it inbetween, but this highlight seemed worthy to look at again in the replay and it briefly rekindled my love for the game ... Roadhog team kill (no ult).

https://i.imgur.com/d7iKRzm.mp4

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I still play and mostly enjoy OW. I just wish Blizzard didn't abandon it for years.

My prediction for the content-creator-only news that has them jizzing in their pants is that the game is going free-to-play this year. It'll mean more players so more engagement for their channels.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I only play this game when I want to see people really angrily scream at their team every time they peek a widow and die.

Also lol, if you think smurfing is bad now (it is) f2p is gonna be wild.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

dogstile posted:

I only play this game when I want to see people really angrily scream at their team every time they peek a widow and die.

Also lol, if you think smurfing is bad now (it is) f2p is gonna be wild.

It'll be like VALORANT where every rank above bronze (well, silver for OW I guess) is a diamond/masters game with some random actually bad (correctly ranked) people thrown in.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I only play to get event skins and so I’m not good. Despite that, I have fun with the winter events because I can get in the top 4 of Mei’s snowball fight FFA thing 9/10 times, and even come out on top somewhat regularly. Way less tedious than the PvE events, but I’m still miffed that I have to win 14 games to win a weekly challenge now.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I still play and mostly enjoy OW. I just wish Blizzard didn't abandon it for years.

My prediction for the content-creator-only news that has them jizzing in their pants is that the game is going free-to-play this year. It'll mean more players so more engagement for their channels.

After Halo Infinite, this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they tried to get some buzz going by releasing the revamped Overwatch 2 multiplayer as F2P, but then sold the campaign component (along with the shiny new character skins they've been showing off for the past year or two) as a paid upgrade. It seems like the exact type of thing that Blizzard would try to copy.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Generic American posted:

After Halo Infinite, this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they tried to get some buzz going by releasing the revamped Overwatch 2 multiplayer as F2P, but then sold the campaign component (along with the shiny new character skins they've been showing off for the past year or two) as a paid upgrade. It seems like the exact type of thing that Blizzard would try to copy.

i believe they've said if you have overwatch you can play overwatch2 multiplayer for free and the PVE would cost extra.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Yeah, that's the current plan as far as I understand it — I just meant that Halo Infinite's success might tempt them to take it one step further by making the multiplayer fully free-to-play (with a store, I'm sure) in general instead of just for people who already own Overwatch 1.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but wasn't the OW2 Multiplayer plan to introduce battle passes like in Fortnight to really drive home the FOMO? It really feels like recently these seasonal events have been testing out FOMO skins and what not.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

The Repo Man posted:

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but wasn't the OW2 Multiplayer plan to introduce battle passes like in Fortnight to really drive home the FOMO? It really feels like recently these seasonal events have been testing out FOMO skins and what not.

I would be absolutely surprised if they didn’t include a battle pass. It’s the next most disgusting option to loot boxes.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1480935823243677696?s=20

lol, but also why would you release an OW2 set in Feb anyway, when the release of the actual game is set as "???"

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1480935823243677696?s=20

lol, but also why would you release an OW2 set in Feb anyway, when the release of the actual game is set as "???"

Lego must not be very familiar with The fluid nature of blizzard release schedules.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But they changed the cowboy's name!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I feel like this could be the result of some internal timetable that originally had February 2022 or Q1 2022 penciled in for OW2's launch and that's what was sent out to partners like Lego before everything fell apart

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

imagine dungeons posted:

Lego must not be very familiar with The fluid nature of blizzard release schedules.

Maybe the partnerships person at Blizzard was fired quit and Lego hasn’t actually heard from Blizzard in… a couple years I guess?

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*
The best was when Blizzard told investors “no big news in 2022” and everyone was like “alright OW2 in 2023 I guess” and Blizzard had to be like “wait no uh MAYBE no news in 2022??”

Anyways OW1 still fun IMO, new Moira fade jump is pretty great glad she got a new mechanic

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
yeah lmao I didn't realise it was a thing until I flew straight up in the air. It rules

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
I do keep slamming into the wall above the door when trying to fade jump out of spawn though

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I still maintain overwatch is best played when you want to see people really loving mad at made up rank points in games where half the players are smurfing.

Also they should have renamed Cree to something else. Colt perhaps. Cass is just weird enough that everyone reverts to Cree and it think its the S's throwing people off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I know my brain is broken, but I still like this dumb game and never really have a bad or angry time. I've been branching out, but always come back because overwatch is more fun.

fast queue, good matchmaking, chill but competitive games, no leavers to speak of. Don't have to play a boring shootyman . (I do like casscree lately though)

I don't really care about smurfs. They are fun to play with and against.