Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
In What We Do in The Shadows season 2 finale, there is a little performance by the vampire council with versions of the main actors re-enacting their crimes or whatever. Anyway, Colin Robinson's "version" looks a lot like Jack Packard. I don't have Hulu (was watching at a friend's place) and can't find a screen grab and also who cares so in conclusion who cares. IMDB doesn't! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11580230/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

as a kid i remember fuckin losing it and rewinding over and over again to the jon lovitz hitler bit

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Jose Oquendo posted:

Probably.

But you're better off using that time to watch It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad World. Rat Race is basically a modern version of that movie but it's way better than Rat Race.

Everybody forgets Michael J Fox's first movie with Flounder and the Dr Pepper guy.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I didn't forget about it, I've never loving heard of it. Five minutes from now, I'll forget it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That looks like some real garbage especially for a Disney movie

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

X JAKK posted:

Everybody forgets Michael J Fox's first movie with Flounder and the Dr Pepper guy.

It's a scavenger movie but it doesn't have an all-star cast. Not really the same thing

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 6, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

What the hell does this have to do with Rat Race or It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World?

It's also a wacky treasure hunt movie

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

El Fideo posted:

I didn't forget about it, I've never loving heard of it. Five minutes from now, I'll forget it.

Lucky you, this scene is burned into my head for all eternity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR5oEfecYmo

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's a scavenger movie but it doesn't have an all-star cast. Not really the same thing

um, excuse me, but it has Eddie Deezen AND the guy that directed Sweet Home Alabama... and.. and.. the lady that voices Maude Flanders.

Its classic poor kids vs rich kids vs nerds vs jocks vs feminists that was made because of Disney wanting to make a raunchy college comedy which were in very high demand at the time, while also keeping it PG. The result is this weird mixture of 80s camp and endearing family friendly bullshit peppered in with light racism that just somehow all flows together. It's a very bad stupid movie, but it always keeps your attention.

and oh yeah Pee Wee Herman is in it too! He's dressed like a cowboy in an arcade that is inexplicably open at 3am.

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 6, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Amy Smart chasing down her ex boyfriend with a helicopter means Rat Race is in fact good.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The only part of Rat Race I fully remember is Jon Lovitz stealing Hitler's car.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mordja posted:

The only part of Rat Race I fully remember is Jon Lovitz stealing Hitler's car.

And Cuba Gooding Jr. explaining the birthing process.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i remember there being some titties in rat race and that's it. we rented the dvd when i was way too young

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

all i remember is the baha men theme song

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

all i remember is the baha men theme song

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

All this talk of MMMMW, Midnight Madness, and Rat Race, and I'm still waiting for the 1979 movie Scavenger Hunt to get a non-bootleg DVD release.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

SomeBODY
once told me
The World
Was gonna roll me

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

poisonpill posted:

SomeBODY
once told me
The World
Was gonna roll me

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

PostNouveau posted:

Does Mystery Men also end with a Smash Mouth concert or am I inventing that memory?

You're thinking of 12 Years a Slave

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
someBODY once owned me

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

all stars is an actually catchy song

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Mozi posted:

someBODY once owned me

Lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The two big sequences with Seth Green and his brother are gold.

1 - trying to disrupt air traffic control and getting chased up the tower by their jeep
2 - the key maker steals their key and the chase that ends up with Green hanging from a cow and his brother on the hood of the car

Pretty much everything with Owen on the bus with the Lucy's is fun.

Rowan Atkinson is brilliant, as usual.

It's comparable to It's a MMMMWorld and they are both good, in their own way.

I think the highs in Rat Race or the big laughs are higher/bigger. But MMMMWorld has the kick the bucket joke.

Watch both!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

there should be another rat race but the twist is that the prize is bitcoins

when they get to the prize, the wallet is worthless because the participants somehow crashed the crypto market

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Space Kablooey posted:

when they get to the prize, the wallet is worthless because the participants somehow crashed the crypto market

This or it's just a hideous ape jpg

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Space Kablooey posted:

Man, that works with reality pretty well. There's a Satoshi wallet with a million bitcoins in it that's been completely dormant for years. That wallet activating might tank the price because it would blow supply out so much if the owner started cashing out.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

priznat posted:

This or it's just a hideous ape jpg

Mr Bean ruins and repaints Whistler's Mother as an ape, increasing its value tenfold

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Man, that works with reality pretty well. There's a Satoshi wallet with a million bitcoins in it that's been completely dormant for years. That wallet activating might tank the price because it would blow supply out so much if the owner started cashing out.

There's the flaw in the plan

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Space Kablooey posted:

There's the flaw in the plan

Right well, this is the reveal at the end. One of the characters offhand tells the media they plan to sell it all and get crazy rich, that character wins, huge market selloff before they can sell.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Who posted those seagal reviews. Those are funny thank you.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Oh you mean in the movie. I thought you were referencing this

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

Who posted those seagal reviews. Those are funny thank you.

The highlight is around the 2016+ era when they discover Seagal cuts to a body double for a scene where he is required to stand up out of bed.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
bitcoin has beer and gum, right?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I've just recently started watching Atrocity Guide's videos and I feel like this website was designed by our very own Deuandra Brown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rofmr7_xc7A

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

watched Swan Song on Apple TV+ there, starring Mahershala Ali and Glen Close. Not bad, Mahershala is such a good actor.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waltzing Along posted:

The two big sequences with Seth Green and his brother are gold.

1 - trying to disrupt air traffic control and getting chased up the tower by their jeep
2 - the key maker steals their key and the chase that ends up with Green hanging from a cow and his brother on the hood of the car

Are you lumping in the part where their jeep gets stuck in the lineup for a monster truck jump as part of #1? The two of them screaming in slow motion while the truck barrels towards them is great.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Are you lumping in the part where their jeep gets stuck in the lineup for a monster truck jump as part of #1? The two of them screaming in slow motion while the truck barrels towards them is great.

The jeep is trashed after the ATC thing. I believe they're in a rental convertible for the rest of the movie. That's what ends up in the monster truck jump.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
gently caress you it's...February.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivIwdQBlS10

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

steinrokkan posted:

Mr Bean ruins and repaints Whistler's Mother as an ape, increasing its value tenfold

that movie loving sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Don't Look Up Too?