Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
On one hand I don't think this game needs generic minions but on the other hand, I would unironically love to paint more ninjas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

There was some kind of obscure leak a while back suggesting 3 or 4 characters would have a special minion trait---Red Skull and SHIELD were on there so I'm guessing Hydra/Shield/Shadowland/something else would be part of this. Also guessing minions wouldn't be able to hold points and poo poo so I wonder what that will look like, especially since I assume minions will have like, less than 3 HP and like one attack.

Either way it'll be a long time since the Hulkbuster/Ms Marvel stuff aint til next month and the X-Mens will be staggered out for the first 4 months of 2022. I'm mostly ok with some repeat/revisions.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Not wild about the idea of Minion models or whatever, but if they're very simply and tied to a hero model, I can probably deal.

Also here's some stuff I've finished in the last month or so, in approximate chronological order. Really want to get all my wizards painted ASAP. They look super fun.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DLC Inc posted:

There was some kind of obscure leak a while back suggesting 3 or 4 characters would have a special minion trait---Red Skull and SHIELD were on there so I'm guessing Hydra/Shield/Shadowland/something else would be part of this. Also guessing minions wouldn't be able to hold points and poo poo so I wonder what that will look like, especially since I assume minions will have like, less than 3 HP and like one attack.

Either way it'll be a long time since the Hulkbuster/Ms Marvel stuff aint til next month and the X-Mens will be staggered out for the first 4 months of 2022. I'm mostly ok with some repeat/revisions.

I don't really want minions at all but if we get them I hope they're like the Jonathan the Unstoppable card in the X-23 box where they're not "really" a character but they can do certain things.

I feel like the action and turn economy is too tight in this game for something that's even swarmier than Sam Wilson Avengers.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I don't really want minions at all but if we get them I hope they're like the Jonathan the Unstoppable card in the X-23 box where they're not "really" a character but they can do certain things.

I feel like the action and turn economy is too tight in this game for something that's even swarmier than Sam Wilson Avengers.

yeah I like CP because I DON'T have to paint 20 of the same fuckin miniature for a big dumb army. I guess if they gave us like 3 ninjas with a dark Daredevil it'd be fine but I have zero interest using my time to paint Hydra or Shield mooks

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like where this is going

https://www.atomicmassgames.com/cp55?fbclid=IwAR2a2g6HLqbFB1Ir6_ZbZWm5GiqTgNxAJUd-9T_CJ3DDpKp1M50YsEjSFcA

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Certainly better than what I had pictured in my head.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

This is total longshot here I know, but does anyone have a Dormammu that they haven't built yet? A friend of mine bought not 1 but TWO of them and they're both missing the same piece (back of the head) and since AMG's customer service is non-existent, it'd be easier to get someone to recast it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I like how the 3 agents are on a single base---far better than having 3 separate ones all over a board. Wish they had dropped more info but I guess all those tactics cards provide some clues.
Provided the leaks hold up, Dark Daredevil and the Hand should be pretty rad.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I love that the minions are on one base. No cluttering up the board with swarms of minis and no worrying about coherency. Also, I love the rope to nowhere, it's very cinematic.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I played my first game (well, against someone who wasn't me, though it was half a game) at my local game shop. The game's really fun, and I hope next time my opponent doesn't have to leave after only half and hour and we can play a full game.

we used the starter game setup, with me playing team Cabal (Zemo, Doc Oct, Ultron, Crossbones and Red Skull), and my opponent team Avengers (Black Widdow, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ironman and Zimo (replacing Spiderman)).
Ultron got dazed in 2-3 rounds, but then crossbones (assisted by Red skull) socked his zemo , throwing him back and dazing him right as we ran out of time.

My one minor gripe with the game is it feels like it throws a lot of options with special powers and power cards and remembering what your opponent can do, but better than being far too simple and just doing regular attacks. I like the energy gaining system which allowed you to do more interesting things from being hurt as a catchup mechanic.

I'm probibly going to grab the Groot/Rocket expansion next time, just because i realy like those characters and I don't want to get the core set quite yet.

Also, question: When it says you can place a character within 1 range, does that mean anywhere? Could I theortically sock someone back with crossbone's overpower ability, move behind them and then punch them back the way they came with the second attack (assuming I have 4 energy to do it)?

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 6, 2022

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Foolster41 posted:

Also, question: When it says you can place a character within 1 range, does that mean anywhere? Could I theortically sock someone back with crossbone's overpower ability, move behind them and then punch them back the way they came with the second attack (assuming I have 4 energy to do it)?

Yep. The way the action reads, if you roll a wild, you throw the model small before damage is dealt and then once the throw is resolved and the damage is dealt, you can then place Crossbones anywhere within 1 of the model you just attacked. Then do the same thing again if the power and dice allow.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Nice! If I hadn't stunned Zimo with the first throw I could have as a second action thrown them back to red skull who was waiting behind Crossbones.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1479543496956694533?s=20

Interesting, didn't expect Elektra to be a separate figure---thought she'd be part of the ninja base.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I recently finished up my Convocation. I love how they look altogether, but now I'm thinking I should have done OSL on all of them, like I did Wong and Strange 1 awhile back.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fyrbrand posted:

I recently finished up my Convocation. I love how they look altogether, but now I'm thinking I should have done OSL on all of them, like I did Wong and Strange 1 awhile back.

I absolutely love how you did those bases---for too long I've just slathered semi-metallic colors and grays on those cracked sidewalks but that color looks fantastic. What's your secret for painting those?

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

I absolutely love how you did those bases---for too long I've just slathered semi-metallic colors and grays on those cracked sidewalks but that color looks fantastic. What's your secret for painting those?

Thanks! There's not much to it, really. Paint a basecoat of P3 Bastion Grey, then drybrush first with VGC Cold Grey then VGC Stonewall Grey. (Go pretty sparing with the last one.) P3 paints are getting distressingly hard to find, but you can substitute a different grey easily enough. It should be not particularly dark, and a more warm tone.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

so, even though I don't have the core set (yet) I picked up the Rocket & Groot expansion (I'm hoping I'll have it ready to play with people have the core set in a week and a half). I looked up guides on painting and one suggested soaking in simple green. How necessary is that? I was planning on just spray priming it on the sprues, assemble and paint it. I'm more of a "table" ready style painter, and I don't worry about my figures looking super.
I'm used to painting already assembled figures, so I'm not super used to doing sprue figures.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Foolster41 posted:

so, even though I don't have the core set (yet) I picked up the Rocket & Groot expansion (I'm hoping I'll have it ready to play with people have the core set in a week and a half). I looked up guides on painting and one suggested soaking in simple green. How necessary is that? I was planning on just spray priming it on the sprues, assemble and paint it. I'm more of a "table" ready style painter, and I don't worry about my figures looking super.
I'm used to painting already assembled figures, so I'm not super used to doing sprue figures.
Are these used figures you got off eBay or new? I've only ever heard of SG being used to strip paint. If you're worried about mold release on the figs you can wash them in soap and water first but I've gone straight to spray primer for all of mine without any issues.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Yeah there's no way you need to do that. Plastic glue, undercoat, paint as normal.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Fyrbrand posted:

I don't play this game anymore, but models looking as gorgeous as these make me wish I did! Great work!

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

smug jeebus posted:

Are these used figures you got off eBay or new? I've only ever heard of SG being used to strip paint. If you're worried about mold release on the figs you can wash them in soap and water first but I've gone straight to spray primer for all of mine without any issues.

It's new from my local game store. The person in the video said something about mold, but I wasn't sure if he was meaning like molding sprue/mold lines or not. Sounds like I don't need to.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Luebbi posted:

I don't play this game anymore, but models looking as gorgeous as these make me wish I did! Great work!

Thanks man!

Foolster41 posted:

It's new from my local game store. The person in the video said something about mold, but I wasn't sure if he was meaning like molding sprue/mold lines or not. Sounds like I don't need to.

They were probably talking about mold release agent, which is like a lubricant applied to pewter or resin models to help get them out of their molds after casting. It's not really a concern for plastic models.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Weird, since the video was specifically painting crisis patrol figures.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I used to be overly paranoid about that, even washing all my GW plastics back when I played those. But I've never washed a MCP model, and never had an issue.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Fyrbrand posted:

I used to be overly paranoid about that, even washing all my GW plastics back when I played those. But I've never washed a MCP model, and never had an issue.

I didn't bother washing MCP stuff until I had an issue with Starlord. There was something on one of his arms that prevented primer from binding. Washed in Simple Green (more to remove the rest of the primer), scrubbed him clean, washed with warm water and dishsoap and then things were fine.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://www.atomicmassgames.com/transmissions/introducing-grunts

Henchmen rules work pretty much as you'd expect. Can only really have one "Grunt character" at once per team, so CP ain't gonna turn into a swarm game.

Pretty sure Red Skull + Hydra is next but after that, not sure what other characters they'd do for this playstyle. Off the top of my head I'd love Superior Spidey/Octobots, Ultron/Bots, and for the far future Dr. Doom + Doombots is a must.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

DLC Inc posted:

https://www.atomicmassgames.com/transmissions/introducing-grunts

Henchmen rules work pretty much as you'd expect. Can only really have one "Grunt character" at once per team, so CP ain't gonna turn into a swarm game.

Pretty sure Red Skull + Hydra is next but after that, not sure what other characters they'd do for this playstyle. Off the top of my head I'd love Superior Spidey/Octobots, Ultron/Bots, and for the far future Dr. Doom + Doombots is a must.

"Sam spam" is about as swarmy as it can get, and that's typically around 7 models. Bumping it to 8 doesn't "feel" too bad, assuming that if I take 2 "parent" models, I only get to deploy 1 "Grunt".

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
they clarified on stream that you can only have 1 "grunt" on the table per side. so if you double up with Fury and Daredevil you have to decide between the two grunts

which feels like a good middle ground

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DLC Inc posted:

Multiple Man!

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
So I tried to play the Ultron Cosmic Threat on TTS to test out the game, but hit a bit of a wall w/ how to resolve the Doomsday Machine. It says to consult the Cosmic Threat player card for the effects of each result, but there's nothing in the Cosmic Threat assets in TTS or anything that I can find w/ some simple Google searches. Which is weird, because it does include the AI flowchart, rules reference etc. Is there something that comes in the Core Box that I need/am missing?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

srypher posted:

So I tried to play the Ultron Cosmic Threat on TTS to test out the game, but hit a bit of a wall w/ how to resolve the Doomsday Machine. It says to consult the Cosmic Threat player card for the effects of each result, but there's nothing in the Cosmic Threat assets in TTS or anything that I can find w/ some simple Google searches. Which is weird, because it does include the AI flowchart, rules reference etc. Is there something that comes in the Core Box that I need/am missing?

I think they're here:

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...ds_UltronAI.pdf

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Hmm unless I'm misreading something it just has the additional rules for doomsday machine when using AI

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

srypher posted:

Hmm unless I'm misreading something it just has the additional rules for doomsday machine when using AI

You're right, I linked the wrong one. It's on page 11 of this PDF:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ce432b1f9d2be000134d8ae/t/5dfa527ee0f0ae6c75d39893/1576686250643/Ultimate_Encounter_Ultron_Web.pdf

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Recently decided to do something with my lovely older Venom that I previously painted badly a year ago. After some extensive greenstuff sculpting, hand surgery with leftover Carnage hands, and a full repaint, very happy with how this Toxin turned out.

Bonus image with his two dads

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I'm not familiar with this character but it looks really good. Always nice to see conversions.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
That toxin looks so happy to be out on the town with his dads

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark Daredevil and his Hand ninjas preview:

https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1488179153522368513?s=20&t=ivYPAGSfSdaV5FvkCfQXIg

Models look sick, and his stats look very fun. Bonus: he's a new Syndicate leader, which is going to really own.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Is this like a What-if? evil version of Daredevil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
nah shadowland was a whole story arc: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowland_(comics)