Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

https://twitter.com/LinzDeFranco/status/1349737447622545411?s=20

We’re so beyond satire at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Like I’m cackling because there’s some terminally online aide in someone’s office who saw that tweet and mentioned it as a joke, but their boss thought it was actually a good idea

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I say we nuke Dallas and Boston.

I say this regardless of previous discussion topics.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's been over a year I can now honorably poo poo talk Pennsylvania gently caress you

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I just wish our choices weren’t literally the Die For Shareholder Value, Also Racist Party vs Die For Shareholder Value But Painfully Embarrassing Party

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
In heaven we'll all be shareholders

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

General Dog posted:

In heaven we'll all be shareholders

I don’t think that’s heaven.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

General Dog posted:

In heaven we'll all be sharecroppers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/adamtranter/status/1479149037253238790

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

God drat do I hate transportation options that still rely on driving. loving Musk and his tunnels.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Lin Manuel Miranda needs to disappear for 3-5 years so we can miss him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

The Democratic Party is trying to turn me into a full bore Stalinist aren’t they?

Welcome to the party Comrade.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The tesla video is fake we all know traffic can't happen in a tunnel certainly not in the exact way everyone said it would back up

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Silly Burrito posted:

Dammit, I hope they don’t mess it up.

Dammit. I am not hopeful.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

Welcome to the party Comrade.

I mean, I've been a leftist for most of my adult life, but have only now started fantasizing about marching Chris Matthews through taiga at bayonet-point.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ugh, weighed myself for the first time in a while, and I've gained about 5 lbs. from this time last year. I need to cut back on my sugars, both in dessert and alcohol form. I actually meant to lose weight last year and I just never kept discipline. I need to get back into better exercise habits too. I was doing really good at the beginning of 2020, even through the first few months of the pandemic, and I just completely fell off.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Did I just watch the biggest US war criminal since Jeff Davis get forgiven for his sins? :psyduck:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

dirty shrimp money posted:

Did I just watch the biggest US war criminal since Jeff Davis get forgiven for his sins? :psyduck:

yes

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1479217414025981952

time is a flat circle

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

dirty shrimp money posted:

The political elite forgave Kissinger a long time ago

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have full on body aches, feel like I got hit by a truck, sore throat etc. Apparently my suburb has one of the highest concentration of cases in the state. Pretty loving cool.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I have full on body aches, feel like I got hit by a truck, sore throat etc. Apparently my suburb has one of the highest concentration of cases in the state. Pretty loving cool.

I’m sorry comrade :(

I wish you a resilient body and a quick recovery.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I've been going to school part-time through most of the pandemic. My fulltime job as an essential employee, in addition to many forced hours of OT from short staffing, hasn't derailed me. Having a baby, now a toddler, hasn't put me off track. Managing a lawsuit, selling my home then going through the arduous task of finding another didn't deter me. Even having 10 hours a week eaten up by union work made worse by budget cuts, organizers resigning, and some of the shittiest coworkers you can imagine hasn't stopped me getting through school.

I swear to god trying to find the cheap pdf versions of this quarter's textbooks has me past my breaking point. The multitude of layered costs in this deeply insidious cash grab we call an education system is... overwhelming.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I've been pooping nonstop please send help

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I've been going to school part-time through most of the pandemic. My fulltime job as an essential employee, in addition to many forced hours of OT from short staffing, hasn't derailed me. Having a baby, now a toddler, hasn't put me off track. Managing a lawsuit, selling my home then going through the arduous task of finding another didn't deter me. Even having 10 hours a week eaten up by union work made worse by budget cuts, organizers resigning, and some of the shittiest coworkers you can imagine hasn't stopped me getting through school.

I swear to god trying to find the cheap pdf versions of this quarter's textbooks has me past my breaking point. The multitude of layered costs in this deeply insidious cash grab we call an education system is... overwhelming.

You do a lot of things. I am proud of myself if I run the dishwasher (emptying is a different day).

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ornery and Hornery posted:

You do a lot of things. I am proud of myself if I run the dishwasher (emptying is a different day).

The little one likes doing laundry and dishes. Makes those tasks easier than they used to be.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m sorry comrade :(

I wish you a resilient body and a quick recovery.

Cheers mate. Everything is kind of not too bad except my elbow joints are so sore it hurts to straighten my arms. Really weird.

Apparently all testing facilities in my area are closed today and I was told to call a pathology to try and make an appointment or find a rapid antigen test. No pathology has bookings available til Tuesday (its currently Friday morning). I called 4 local pharmacies, all out of stock.

I'm going to get this chicken carcass I got out of the fridge and throw some bones in divination instead. gently caress me.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

BlindSite posted:

Cheers mate. Everything is kind of not too bad except my elbow joints are so sore it hurts to straighten my arms. Really weird.

Apparently all testing facilities in my area are closed today and I was told to call a pathology to try and make an appointment or find a rapid antigen test. No pathology has bookings available til Tuesday (its currently Friday morning). I called 4 local pharmacies, all out of stock.

I'm going to get this chicken carcass I got out of the fridge and throw some bones in divination instead. gently caress me.

You should it to make chicken soup afterwards

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

BlindSite posted:

I posted about it earlier, the testing situation in this country right now is an absolute loving joke. A bad joke, an absurdity. We ALL KNEW THIS WAS COMING, with Omicron, cold weather, the holiday season and increasing case numbers. But of course it's a massive shitshow.

They had to close the only rapid testing site they had open here because traffic was backing up all the way to the freeway. Literal four to five hour waits. There are no appointments at any pharmacy, no rapid tests to purchase anywhere, and even official government services are booked up until two weeks from now.

Meanwhile my girlfriend got tested last Sunday and still doesn't have her results back despite the fact it was supposed to take only 48 hours.

It's so.... DUMB. It's really starting to feel like everyone is going to be getting covid all the time and if you die from it, too bad so sad. To my knowledge I still haven't gotten it but it's looking inevitable at this point.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I've been pooping nonstop please send help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxxcIU5OhQs

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

I posted about it earlier, the testing situation in this country right now is an absolute loving joke. A bad joke, an absurdity. We ALL KNEW THIS WAS COMING, with Omicron, cold weather, the holiday season and increasing case numbers. But of course it's a massive shitshow.

They had to close the only rapid testing site they had open here because traffic was backing up all the way to the freeway. Literal four to five hour waits. There are no appointments at any pharmacy, no rapid tests to purchase anywhere, and even official government services are booked up until two weeks from now.

Meanwhile my girlfriend got tested last Sunday and still doesn't have her results back despite the fact it was supposed to take only 48 hours.

It's so.... DUMB. It's really starting to feel like everyone is going to be getting covid all the time and if you die from it, too bad so sad. To my knowledge I still haven't gotten it but it's looking inevitable at this point.

I got tested on Saturday night. I got my (negative) results back this evening. Real useful, team.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Well guys, I have bad news- there are no football games tonight. No college, no NFL, no local junior varsity that you might've put 50 bucks on. But I also have good news- that should free everyone, especially those of you are stuck at home sick, to participate in TFF Game Night, tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/FCWEfCTe

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Thinking about getting way into oatmeal/overnight oats as my go-to breakfast for a while, where are my oat heads at

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Thinking about getting way into oatmeal/overnight oats as my go-to breakfast for a while, where are my oat heads at

i did it for a while

at the end of the day i'd rather IF, especially because im sharper in the morning without food on my stomach

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

C-Euro posted:

I used to pack up some overnight oats in mason jars in my lunchbox for work. Oats + unsweetened almond milk + frozen mixed berries.

I don’t do it so much anymore because I go in to work later these days and I’ve taken to eating oats as a savory breakfast base (1/2 cup oats/1 cup water microwaved for 3min, 2x over medium eggs, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, hot sauce of choice).

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

going ahead and cancelling those tickets to thailand i got for feb

was holding out hope that poo poo's over now

qatar airways website is loving wrecked lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I just have yogurt or an egg for breakfast

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Overnight oats are good stuff, I usually just went straight oats/milk with maybe some berries to mix it up, but someone ITT recommended chicken stock and I gotta say, savory isn’t a terrible way to do it, especially for lunch. I usually toss in some stuff like pepper flakes, a dash of sesame oil, whatever to give it just a little more nuance if I’m going that route.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

cup of shin ramen with an egg and then a oikos yogurt, + black coffee

my breakfast lately

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I went to a lowly technical college right out of highschool and it kind of worked out okay in that you would buy your textbooks used at the campus bookstore and then you could sell them back at the end of the semester for pretty cheap but it still helped on costs a lot.

Except for the Supply Chain Management class which I remember precisely zero of, aside from the fact we all had to buy a new “special edition” of the normal textbook which was expensive as gently caress. And then everyone found out at the end of the semester the “special” part was that it had chapters irrelevant to our class removed, and the bookstore wouldn’t buy them back which was why there weren’t any pre owned ones to buy :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I had my research statistics professor teach off his unpublished textbook manuscript, probably a few ethical issues in there but he gave it out for free so I’ll call it a wash