Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
If you're trying to finish accolades, don't forget that there are two in the seasonal category you need to finish in the next few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tayter Swift posted:

If you're trying to finish accolades, don't forget that there are two in the seasonal category you need to finish in the next few hours.

eh I'll just wait a year or two

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Well, I think I finally found an S1 car that really works for me! The C8 is an absolute grip monster, I love this thing :allears:

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Tayter Swift posted:

Are they the Peel ones or the lantern ones? Because I haven't seen any lanterns yet.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

spamman posted:

Are they the Peel ones or the lantern ones? Because I haven't seen any lanterns yet.

I think the lantern ones start tomorrow.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Ah gotcha. I really hope they dial down the number of challenges you have to do each week to get the cars for the next few seasons. It's like 4 too many right now.

Also never have any cars behind the playground games, they're the absolute worst.

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009

spamman posted:

Ah gotcha. I really hope they dial down the number of challenges you have to do each week to get the cars for the next few seasons. It's like 4 too many right now.

Also never have any cars behind the playground games, they're the absolute worst.

did you know that you can loose the playground games and still receive the award?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
sometimes I have a lot of fun with the Playground but it should be three events at the absolute most

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
If you just start throwing the games you can make sure it never goes more than three :science:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I actually had a really fun 3v3 round of playground games the other day, I guess because it was pretty dead. 5 very close rounds, nobody quit at any point, and it felt like everything you did really mattered.

6v6 just feels like your contribution doesn't mean anything a lot of the time.

But lol if one more person had been queuing it would have been 4v3 and utterly horrible

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009
This week's trial was so much better, got it on first try.

The first is a street circuit on rain and the second is a street sprint so tune your Rare Classic cars accordingly.

I managed to get in first on the first track and brake checked until all but one got past the rivals and me.
On the second track the npc was in first place but we filled the spots from second downward and won.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Iceache posted:

This week's trial was so much better, got it on first try.

The first is a street circuit on rain and the second is a street sprint so tune your Rare Classic cars accordingly.

I managed to get in first on the first track and brake checked until all but one got past the rivals and me.
On the second track the npc was in first place but we filled the spots from second downward and won.

Yeah, I feel like the one weird trick to win the trial no matter what is to get pasted the first race so the majority of players quit and there aren’t enough fellow human drivers for the AI to get enough points to beat your team if the remaining drivers have working hands and eyes.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Homeless Friend posted:

absolutely. im raising peoples spirits in-game by racing tomantons mini tune and holding down the banjo kazooie horn

Good time to plug this with a mini dirt championship in the weekly, 170 505 345, have fun

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Iceache posted:

did you know that you can loose the playground games and still receive the award?

Oh yeah I just hate even spending 15-20min a week in them. And I don't like the idea of putting people that like the mode with people that don't, it probably doesn't help their experiences either.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

tomanton posted:

Good time to plug this with a mini dirt championship in the weekly, 170 505 345, have fun

I had a hard time beating the first dirt race with this build, because I was expecting the brakes to work.

Once I got used to it, I breezed through the other two races.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Okay now I have to give that one a shot since I already do Dirt/XC all gas no brakes

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

tomanton posted:

Using this I got into first and stayed in first at 20%, 31%, and 25s in the order I played them

Highly recommend.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
It took me a lot of tries to beat Tierra Próspera in this week's Lexus but drat it felt good when I did it.

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009

spamman posted:

Oh yeah I just hate even spending 15-20min a week in them. And I don't like the idea of putting people that like the mode with people that don't, it probably doesn't help their experiences either.

I judge my team on the first game, if they're not interested or are bad players, then it's phone time for me to speed up our loses.
But yeah, I agree on the point that it's obligatory

Iceache fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 7, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I go hard every match of every PG Game

I carry the lazy, I tag the infected back in, I trade crowns to get the best scores

I never get first place (except in the infect round which isn't counted separately and occasional flag rounds), but I win slightly more than half of the time lmao

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
What's really fun and helps your team win but doesn't actually score you any points is running interference. If someone's chasing your king, run them wide on a turn so they can't chase. Ram the zombie trying to cut off your last survivor so that they get away clean. Blockade the guy playing goalkeeper so that your teammates can score flags.

Okay that last one's probably not so useful compared to just scoring flags yourself considering how typical flag rush games go, but if you do a little bit every time just after scoring it definitely adds up.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Yeah, that's the equivalent of "well, i'm hosed for this leg of the Trial, time to turn around and gently caress up the opponents" which I am entirely in support of

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009
drat, didn't even thought of that option in trial circuit races, I'll keep that in mind

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I wonder how people are going to find the danger sign this week. That was one of the harder ones in a while.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Iceache posted:

drat, didn't even thought of that option in trial circuit races, I'll keep that in mind

Be careful. You can crash into teammates as well. Trials don't have the gentleness of Open where you get some crash freebies.

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009
I was thinking to break the opponents by slow driving in front of them if they're in top places, so the teammates could pass them. I don't want to get the rage if I manage to crash in teammates

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

spamman posted:

Oh yeah I just hate even spending 15-20min a week in them.

That's why I actually preferred when you had to win the games for the reward, a lot of times the entire other team would quit after losing the first round, leading to the whole thing being over in under 3 minutes.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wiltsghost posted:

I wonder how people are going to find the danger sign this week. That was one of the harder ones in a while.

did this with a big-rear end Impala, felt great

I have way more trouble with the new Trailblazer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Wiltsghost posted:

you just gotta aim a lil right a bit for more free air

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Goa Tse-tung posted:

did this with a big-rear end Impala, felt great

I have way more trouble with the new Trailblazer

Yeah, got the danger sign on my first try but that Trailblazer was surprisingly long and difficult especially right at the end. Still got it on my first try, with a DJS tune on the #25 Bronco - thing is a beast.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Any goons playing FH5 on Xbox? I got the limited edition controller but as a Steam user the code is apparently useless to me. Rather it goes to a goon than a random.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Protocol7 posted:

Any goons playing FH5 on Xbox? I got the limited edition controller but as a Steam user the code is apparently useless to me. Rather it goes to a goon than a random.

I'd love to take it, playing on PC but through the MS Store, so essentially the Xbox version of the game due to crossplay.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Incessant Excess posted:

I'd love to take it, playing on PC but through the MS Store, so essentially the Xbox version of the game due to crossplay.

Sent!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

And activated. Thank you very much, this will allow me to get every single car in the game!

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Are the stock gearing ratios messed up on a lot of cars? I'm using the Aston Martin Vantage 2019 and it seems to max out at ~162 mph in 6th gear. It has gears 7 and 8 as well, but they're slower than 6th! This seems to be an issue on a lot of cars, from fancy to crap. The simulated top speed is 192 mph so maybe that's the issue.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Did you swap it to AWD? That installs a new gearbox as well and it's usually tuned like that

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Incessant Excess posted:

And activated. Thank you very much, this will allow me to get every single car in the game!

Wow, that's generous! Well, just the spirit o' Horizon, isn't it?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Are the stock gearing ratios messed up on a lot of cars? I'm using the Aston Martin Vantage 2019 and it seems to max out at ~162 mph in 6th gear. It has gears 7 and 8 as well, but they're slower than 6th! This seems to be an issue on a lot of cars, from fancy to crap. The simulated top speed is 192 mph so maybe that's the issue.

I just bought a stock one and tried it out, it was slow from 170-190 but it does hit 192mph at 6800rpm in 6th gear.

What control device are you playing on? program a key to open the telemetry and make sure you're actually inputting 100% throttle.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Powershift posted:

I just bought a stock one and tried it out, it was slow from 170-190 but it does hit 192mph at 6800rpm in 6th gear.

What control device are you playing on? program a key to open the telemetry and make sure you're actually inputting 100% throttle.

You're right, I wasn't testing it enough. I'm using an xbox controller on Windows and it seems to be working but I didn't try it on the long freeway. I got the car to 190 in 6th gear but 7th gear seemed to offer very little extra. And I couldn't figure out how to use 8th in any way, even at 190. This matches with the gear ratio diagram:

I think 7th gear is the rightmost diagonal line highlighted in red, and it looks like the bottom of that line is at about 200 mph, despite the car's max speed of 192. And 8th gear isn't even on the chart. Obviously I can tune it myself if I want (which is cool) but it seems like the real life Vantage wouldn't be tuned like this for a racetrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Those upper gears aren't for performance, they're for fuel economy.

That's why they're useless when racing in Forza