Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Not really. It was a pretty big deal for a minute about a year ago then sorta went away. From what I remember, you need to find an emulator dev to whitelist your Microsoft account, then you download them off of a webpage on your xbox. At least one of them had a discord you could sign up on the whitelist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Mass Effect Legendary Edition is up on Game Pass Ultimate for you sickos

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

Mass Effect Legendary Edition is up on Game Pass Ultimate for you sickos

wooooo

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I beat Gorogoa, one of the games that was just added to Gamepass. It's a decently fun abstract puzzler that relies on changing perspectives and realigning tiles to navigate a 4 panel grid. It took me just over an hour to finish.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I get lag when listening to stuff on my phone via Bluetooth over my official Xbox Wireless Headset. Dafuq? Watching video I mean.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 6, 2022

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So with my old Xbox one I had it set up where when I turned the Xbox on the TV would turn on. Is that option not available on the series s?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Lammasu posted:

So with my old Xbox one I had it set up where when I turned the Xbox on the TV would turn on. Is that option not available on the series s?

The Xbox Ones had an IR blaster so they could send a signal just like a TV remote. The Series don’t have an IR blaster, but can send on/off commands through HDMI-CEC. Your TV has to support CEC and you need to make sure the setting is turned on for both the TV and console. I was really confused by this too when I upgraded. Turns out my TV only supports turning off via CEC which is not as useful as turning on :/

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I get lag... Bluetooth

Found your problem.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Speaking of lag, I can't seem to get rid of a bit of delay in my setup of an LG CX, Series X, and Roku Smart Soundbar (set up with eARC). I've tried messing with all the audio options on both the TV and the Xbox, and certain combinations have less delay than others, but I can't get it down to being as good as through the internal TV speakers. Would anyone happen to have some ideas to fix it that don't require buying another expensive piece of equipment?

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Cloks posted:

I beat Gorogoa, one of the games that was just added to Gamepass. It's a decently fun abstract puzzler that relies on changing perspectives and realigning tiles to navigate a 4 panel grid. It took me just over an hour to finish.

I really enjoyed it. Nice, quick experience.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

404notfound posted:

Speaking of lag, I can't seem to get rid of a bit of delay in my setup of an LG CX, Series X, and Roku Smart Soundbar (set up with eARC). I've tried messing with all the audio options on both the TV and the Xbox, and certain combinations have less delay than others, but I can't get it down to being as good as through the internal TV speakers. Would anyone happen to have some ideas to fix it that don't require buying another expensive piece of equipment?

Maybe you tried this already, are you sure the TV is in "game mode"? I think it's in the picture settings. Anyway that fixed a bunch of latency and dropped frames issues on my LG, worth checking.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I get lag when listening to stuff on my phone via Bluetooth over my official Xbox Wireless Headset. Dafuq? Watching video I mean.

Should have listened to the turtle bros.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cloks posted:

I had a lot of fun tonight working through Gorogoa with my wife tonight, thanks for the recommendation. It's very clever and satisfying.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
this outer wilds game kinda sucks, obsidian really fell off cause I can’t find a single NPC to start any quests

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Oh boy, I'm all set to fight Sephiroth in my first FF7 playthrough (finally, lol). Will probably do that sometime this weekend. I had to stop playing just before the Hojo fight, but have recently come back to it after getting my Series S. I'm roughly 34 1/2 hours in, and man, this game has been amazing. Backtracked a bit the past couple days to get Cloud's ultimate weapon and his final limit break. Gonna omnislash some bitches. Also, I should have ribbons on my whole party right? That seems like a no-brainer, but I kinda wanna have someone wear a championship belt during the last fights because lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

skipmyseashells posted:

this outer wilds game kinda sucks

agreed

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

teagone posted:

Oh boy, I'm all set to fight Sephiroth in my first FF7 playthrough (finally, lol). Will probably do that sometime this weekend. I had to stop playing just before the Hojo fight, but have recently come back to it after getting my Series S. I'm roughly 34 1/2 hours in, and man, this game has been amazing. Backtracked a bit the past couple days to get Cloud's ultimate weapon and his final limit break. Gonna omnislash some bitches. Also, I should have ribbons on my whole party right? That seems like a no-brainer, but I kinda wanna have someone wear a championship belt during the last fights because lol.

FF7 is FTW

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

So ff7 is good then?
I’ve been playing games since 83 and yet I have never played a final fantasy game.
Someone lent me one of the gameboy ones around 1998 for a year and I never even put it in the gb.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

otter posted:

So ff7 is good then?
I’ve been playing games since 83 and yet I have never played a final fantasy game.
Someone lent me one of the gameboy ones around 1998 for a year and I never even put it in the gb.

Several good ones are on game pass. The gameboy ones are all part of a different series, weirdly enough.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

skipmyseashells posted:

this outer wilds game kinda sucks, obsidian really fell off cause I can’t find a single NPC to start any quests

I thought Outer Worlds was pretty good although I've never completed it, but I'm interested to see what they'll do with the sequel! Outer Wilds was a boring drag to me.

And I still have to google which one is which.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

otter posted:

So ff7 is good then?

As someone whose only other JRPG experience has been Pokemon Blue on Gameboy back when that came out, yes, I'd say FF7 is really good. Great even! Though, I've always been invested in FF7's characters and story—I even enjoyed Advent Children. I watched my cousin play through FF7 when it originally released and I've followed a playthrough on Twitch a few years ago. I never experienced the game myself until recently.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

otter posted:

So ff7 is good then?

It’s boring as gently caress like all JRPGs that aren’t Chrono Trigger. The remake seems good.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

John F Bennett posted:

I thought Outer Worlds was pretty good although I've never completed it, but I'm interested to see what they'll do with the sequel! Outer Wilds was a boring drag to me.

And I still have to google which one is which.

Outer Worlds is alright. I found the Murder on Eridanos DLC to be the most interesting part as it's less about boring corporations and more like a wacky questline you'd find in New Vegas.

That DLC gives me hope for Outer Worlds 2.

As for Outer Wilds, yeah I played it until I ran out of time & patience and looked stuff up so I could be done with it. :v: Edit: It's a cool game though with some unique gameplay innovations. Well worth trying out on game pass even if it's just to fly the spaceship around and experience the time loop.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jan 7, 2022

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Cloks posted:

Game owns, I think I'm about halfway through. You seem smart to beat it in roughly an hour.

The Pedestrian is also cool, but probably overlong.

EDIT: Outer Worlds has a lot of great qualities and some really middling ones. In my view it bodes well for a sequel.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I've never had non-Apple Bluetooth headphones that didn't have pretty bad lag when watching video. It's inherent to the tech, though there are ways through software to mitigate it but both the source device and the audio device need to support the same special codecs.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
It's not as bad now. YouTube seems a bit worse than Netflix. It's tolerable, especially since I'm not paying much attention to the video itself.

Must try it out with my iPad and see if it's any better.

The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 look nice but they're nearly £50 more expensive than the Xbox cans. (I know, second hand is the way).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The Kins posted:

Rainbow Six Extraction coming to Game Pass on day one, January 20th. Siege will also be coming to PC Game Pass on the same day. I've always been kind of tempted to try Siege, but not enough to pay actual dollars for it.

I picked it up in 2018? and played 1500 hours of it that year, then dropped it like a rock in 2019. It's a very demanding game with some amazing (if aged) tech and a very toxic community. It is very hard to learn at this point and has a billion moving parts, and a lot of the original quaint cheesy GI Joe-ness has been painted over with awful lore and operator attitudes and relationship status updates. Game is on the downslope bigtime but is still a huge esport. Make sure you have friends to play with, it can be very frustrating to play with pubbies against knowledgable teams, because it's entirely dependent on map knowledge.

Extraction was based on a seasonal mod and looks like a giant piece of crap that they had to revise the development on half a dozen times.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

404notfound posted:

The audio output going to the soundbar needs to be HDMI 2, the others send regular ARC. You can confirm that by setting the XSX's output to stereo PCM and checking if the added latency is gone

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Attempting to get into RS6 a few times in recent years I found it to be impenetrable and aggressively unfun. I even generally love tactical shooters, but I felt like I was at such a disadvantage not knowing the maps or nuances of the game that I had zero desire to actually stick with it. If you are new to a MP that stuff is usually inevitable, but I need to feel like "Ok I suck right now but I want to get good at it" when my feelings with Siege were just "gently caress this" also people just like, yell at you if you don't know what you are doing it's annoying as hell.

That said if they are turning into some dumb co-op alien shooter I can play for free I'm 100% on board to try it out.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

It's not as bad now. YouTube seems a bit worse than Netflix. It's tolerable, especially since I'm not paying much attention to the video itself.

Must try it out with my iPad and see if it's any better.

The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 look nice but they're nearly £50 more expensive than the Xbox cans. (I know, second hand is the way).

I use bluetooth on my Xbox cans to listen to DJs on twitch from my phone while playing. I don't ever pay attention to the video but will check the next time I'm playing.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

The Diddler posted:

Not really. It was a pretty big deal for a minute about a year ago then sorta went away. From what I remember, you need to find an emulator dev to whitelist your Microsoft account, then you download them off of a webpage on your xbox. At least one of them had a discord you could sign up on the whitelist.

It looks like you no longer need to be whitelisted: https://gamr13.github.io (auto-playing audio warning)

I tried installing some of these apps via Edge and it worked! So far it's certainly better than the janky RetroArch Web player.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

skipmyseashells posted:

It's not the best game, it's spacer's game

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Every month I look at all the cool games coming to Game Pass and think 'wow look at these new games, can't wait to play them' and sometimes I do for a little bit, but mostly I just play Slay the Spire. One day they'll take it off and I'll have to actually buy it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Bardeh posted:

Every month I look at all the cool games coming to Game Pass and think 'wow look at these new games, can't wait to play them' and sometimes I do for a little bit, but mostly I just play Slay the Spire. One day they'll take it off and I'll have to actually buy it.

it's a good game

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I try and test out the new stuff that looks interesting. Both Exo One and The Gunk were neat and short recent ones. I'm really liking Archvale but I'm near the end and it's starting to grind a bit. Moonglow Bay was very close to getting it's hooks in me and I could see some people liking that as much as Stardew.

The frequency of which they add games is tough to keep up with, but a lot of these have been solid entries that come in under 10 hours which I appreciate.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I was playing Aliens Fire teams for a quest and like my buttons weren't working. My lb and rb abilities wouldn't activate and I couldn't open crates. I ran out of ammo pretty early in the mission. And I couldn't heal either. Is this a bug or was I just not doing something right? My abilities worked just fine in the hub.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Lammasu posted:

So I was playing Aliens Fire teams for a quest and like my buttons weren't working. My lb and rb abilities wouldn't activate and I couldn't open crates. I ran out of ammo pretty early in the mission. And I couldn't heal either. Is this a bug or was I just not doing something right? My abilities worked just fine in the hub.

It's apparently an extremely buggy mess of a game so yes probably. I managed to crash it at least twice just trying to start a mission with bots.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I am hype as hell for Nobody Saves The World.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Bardeh posted:

Have you played Dicey Dungeon? It's a lot of fun and the rear end kicking is shorter than with Spire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

webmeister posted:

100% don’t skip on Desperados III if you haven’t played it. It’s a real-time stealth tactics game set in the old west, and it’s really charming, challenging, and well done.

drat, I wish I'd realized sooner this was leaving - it's been in my must play list for a while. As a big Commandos fan this is perfect for me, and they've really perfected the design. Unfortunately although I could probably finish it in a week, I love replaying these to try different things and it looks like the game is set up exactly for that. Gah I just wish it was cheaper, even with the discount. I may have to pull the trigger on it anyways.

It will honestly be the first game I've bought in nearly 6 months, because of Gamepass.