Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hbk is a motherfucker but he never intentionally tanked companies to sate his own ego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

HBK fighting the sorrow would be a couple ghosts. Ya know, candido. Hogan would have to crawl thru like a million guys.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think wrestling ends up like roller derby without Hogan. I mean roller derby in a lot of places was bigger than wrestling and disappeared without ever having something to capture the national imagination.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rick posted:

I think wrestling ends up like roller derby without Hogan. I mean roller derby in a lot of places was bigger than wrestling and disappeared without ever having something to capture the national imagination.

derby was on in the mornings before calliope on usa, they had the wavy track and everything

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Coaaab posted:

The last time I asked this, I got a :camera6:er, but I was asleep the entire time so lets make this count: hulk hogan vs shawn michaels - who was worse for pro wrestling?

Hogan.

While HBK didn't draw at the top of the card, he could at least put on a pretty good match.

While Hogan was a big part of a wrestling boom in the 80s and 90s, he also had a significant role in tanking WCW during one of the most profitable periods in wrestling history, and proceeded to hobble TNA when they could have emerged as a viable alternative to WWE during their lengthy monopoly over mainstream wrestling. That plus he also acted as a pawn for Peter Thiel in his endless vindictive campaign against press freedom and First Amendment rights. As much of a poo poo as HBK was, he can't claim to have not just damaged pro-wrestling, but also society as a whole.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

OMG Neinnunb we need you

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Ryback was a big dumb stupid bastard and I loved him

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

neoaxd posted:

Eat
Tweet
Delete
Repeat

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Meat On The Table is a god tier theme song

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Meat On The Table is a god tier theme song

meat on the table
thats what you are
something something
won't get too far

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

neoaxd posted:

RybAxel was fun as hell

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rybaxel sucked.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Hogan was worse for wrestling because he had the chance to throw Vince under the bus at the steroid trial and he didn't

Although if he had WCW probably would have become the dominant company in pro-wrestling and oh god I don't want to even imagine that timeline

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hogan has a 12 inch ween

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1e9cyXHNks

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
RIP username thread

QQAnon

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Hogan has a 12 inch ween

Mmmh. What about Terry Bollea, though?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my mothers name is terry bollea. it's short for teresa. i'm not a bollea though. just 50% of one. someone came to our house when i was young and tried to meet hulk hogan but there wasn't any hulk hogan there. this happened 2 times. i bet it would have happened a lot if we didn't live in the woods

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

neoaxd posted:

i agree and will add he should have shot on punk and won the championship

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

sticklefifer posted:

RybAxel was fun as hell

Rybaxel had the best amicable split of all time:

https://youtu.be/d5yBJJEAniU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I always assumed Ryback did not know how to speak or read. Like he was some kind of Vince McMahon-funded Weapon X project to recreate Goldberg

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Calvin Tankman is the perfect wrestler.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvaKm5xNP5c

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I still say yep yep yep what it do sometimes. Like actually, those are words that come out of my mouth. In front of people.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

the syncing of the voiceover over the footage still makes me laugh after all these years

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I liked when he would lift and stack up multiple skinny jobbers and destroy them. They should have kept going, get it up to 5 or 6 guys and a teammate who helps him stack them, keep them balanced, encourage Ryback and clap for him, etc

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Big guy Big Traps Big Neck Big Checks Big Arms setting off Fire Alarms.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Is Ryback still jacked? Because if so I think I'm going to start shipping him and Jade together

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

what in the world

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

graph posted:

what in the world

OG NXT had lots of very silly gimmicks

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dell_Zincht posted:

OG NXT had lots of very silly gimmicks
Nothing beats Johnny Curtis' "Why don't I have chloroform?"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP2ZL8nCUVs

I have thought about this at least once a week for the last decade

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

im p sure jake hagar is a worse wrestler than yujiro takahashi

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Gotta consider that wrestling is a side hustle for Yujiro. His main gig is being a pimp (in Tokyo.)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jake is fine in his role.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He’s better as a babyface meathead jock than trying to look intimidating

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jake is pretty funny. They should have him be funny more often. But he's also fine as a big dumb hoss that just runs in to batter the jerks that hurt his friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ChAmPiOnShIpS