Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Google Butt posted:

What is the best RPG on switch for someone with a minimal anime tolerance

Undertale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Walla posted:

Have you checked out Ace Attorney or even Broken Sword 5? The latter is an old style point & click like Sierra and LucasArts used to put out in the 90's and is pretty fun.

Danganronpa is like Ace Attorney with the anime cranked way up. My other half got into the plot at the second case of game 1 and I wasn't allowed to play without her

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Google Butt posted:

disco elysium

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I always hear Dragonromper, and I'm not weeb at all so I've been so confused, but just googling it:

quote:

The phrase "Danganronpa" directly translates to "Bullet Refutation," meaning "bullet" in the literal meaning and "refuting" in terms of refuting statements in the context of a trial.

Sounds cool, I'd have no clue what it'd be about otherwise, will probably give it a try.

Also yeah Disco Elysium, there aren't many non-anime RPGs unless you wanna play Baldur's Gate/etc, which are great

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Barreft posted:

I always hear Dragonromper, and I'm not weeb at all so I've been so confused, but just googling it:

Sounds cool, I'd have no clue what it'd be about otherwise, will probably give it a try.

Also yeah Disco Elysium, there aren't many non-anime RPGs unless you wanna play Baldur's Gate/etc, which are great

It's part ace attorney part highschool simulator. Each section opens without a murder and you'll spend the day interacting with classmates and uncovering plot. And then a murder happens and you find evidence and then go to the debate where a bunch of teenagers yell at each other until you've found the killer and they get executed in a fitting punishment

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Len posted:

It's part ace attorney part highschool simulator. Each section opens without a murder and you'll spend the day interacting with classmates and uncovering plot. And then a murder happens and you find evidence and then go to the debate where a bunch of teenagers yell at each other until you've found the killer and they get executed in a fitting punishment

heard highschool. pass. I'm 38, that shits creepy

I don't even know this guy, but he's really popular on youtube and he's like terrified to even talk semi-negatively of anime lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVxGmkk_3bw toxic culture and fans

Barreft fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 7, 2022

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Google Butt posted:

KOTOR?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Google Butt posted:

shin megami tensei nocturne

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Google Butt posted:

Paper Mario (N64)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
is disco elysium reasonably playable on switch handheld? Its on special and I haven't played it and I would like to check it out but I kind of assumed I was just going to get it on pc at some point

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

is disco elysium reasonably playable on switch handheld? Its on special and I haven't played it and I would like to check it out but I kind of assumed I was just going to get it on pc at some point

It is. Loading times are kinda long, and it takes a bit to get used to turning the right stick to click on things. But it's the same game as PC and incredible. If you prefer lying in bed reading (well actually hearing, it's all voiced) a story compared to sitting in your chair staring at the monitor doing the same, get it.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Finally gave up and decided SMT:V's Hard Mode was too brutal. Was definitely no where near the level I needed to be to scratch the first boss and didn't really wanna double-back. Plus maybe those points in Agi really were wasted.

Went onto the eshop to try out the Japanese voice pack 'cause I wasn't particularly grabbed by the English VAs, then figured might as well start over on Safety Mode just to fast-forward to where I left off.

Spent about two hours catching up on the real-fast-track, with combat being mostly an auto-attack breeze and only the occasional easily-dealt-with surprise.

Just now checked my new save and it turns out I've been on Normal the whole time.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Stux posted:

shin megami tensei nocturne

The guys a high schooler, its creepy. For some reason

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hammer Bro. posted:

Finally gave up and decided SMT:V's Hard Mode was too brutal. Was definitely no where near the level I needed to be to scratch the first boss and didn't really wanna double-back. Plus maybe those points in Agi really were wasted.

Went onto the eshop to try out the Japanese voice pack 'cause I wasn't particularly grabbed by the English VAs, then figured might as well start over on Safety Mode just to fast-forward to where I left off.

Spent about two hours catching up on the real-fast-track, with combat being mostly an auto-attack breeze and only the occasional easily-dealt-with surprise.

Just now checked my new save and it turns out I've been on Normal the whole time.

Took me like 5 tries to beat that boss. Thats kind of the fun with smt imo, i like trying a bunch of different builds and seeing what works and what doesnt

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
playing through super metroid for the first time. i'm in ridley's lair. finally gonna beat this fuckin game

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ugh, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze went on sale for about 40 bucks, and that's how much I'd be willing to pay for it, but since I bought SMTV and Nocturne I can't justify dropping that much money on a game I wouldn't play until months from now. But it's never going to go on sale again, probably.

e:

mandatory lesbian posted:

The guys a high schooler, its creepy. For some reason

To be fair, Danganronpa isn't shy about the fanservice, having just finished up watching ProZD and Jay playing through the first two games. The first game has a scene with the guys peeking on the girls in the bath (it can be skipped if you avoid the gacha machine, but then you wouldn't be able to get presents for the social links) and in both games the reward for maxing out a social link is getting that character's underwear. Also the second game has a girl tripping and exposing herself spread eagle as a vital clue to solving the murder. Those are pretty valid reasons to find the games weird and creepy. That's a little different from assuming any game with high school characters is weird and creepy. Like I don't think that poster would find Final Fantasy 8 weird and creepy just because they're high schoolers (at a military academy whose mission is to murder the headmaster's wife).

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 7, 2022

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

For Starlink, is it worth it to get the Deluxe Edition over the normal one? I feel like I read somewhere that it includes all the Toys-to-Life DLC and that it makes the game more enjoyable.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Hammer Bro. posted:

Finally gave up and decided SMT:V's Hard Mode was too brutal. Was definitely no where near the level I needed to be to scratch the first boss and didn't really wanna double-back.

if it helps its rarely levels. u can beat bosses at 5-10 levels under on hard mode and there are some early demosn that are particularly good at handling him.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

My wife and I started playing Luigi's Mansion 3 co-op and I can't believe I slept on this game for so long. I am not sure I'd like it single player, but playing together is a blast so far!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Agrias120 posted:

For Starlink, is it worth it to get the Deluxe Edition over the normal one? I feel like I read somewhere that it includes all the Toys-to-Life DLC and that it makes the game more enjoyable.

Yeah, it comes with all the extra bits, pilots, and Fox. For some stupid reason the rest of the Star Fox crew are a seperate DLC. Money.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Google Butt posted:

Divinity 2?

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Witcher 3 is a very good RPG that is available for the Nintendo Switch.

And for the poster who wanted a puzzly game to play with their partner, how about Keep talking and nobody explodes? The second player decodes clues using a printed manual so good for people that aren't used to using a controller.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Witcher 3 was playable enough that I'm not mad at getting it for half price but be warned there is a lot of weird glitchy stuff to do with models ragdolling around indoors that I haven't seen on PC. Its still great though, nothing that bad just funny poo poo.

Sorry if I'm just constantly asking about games itt but I've been unemployed for almost a year since I got a switch so I'm diving into a lot of nintendo titles I couldn't afford before I had a job, is smash any good for online play or is the netcode a bit janky? I liked N64 smash and never played gamecube smash and I'd like to get it but I only have a lite for now. Even if I buy a big boy switch I doubt many of my mates are smash types.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Inzombiac posted:

I keep buying games and then sinking another 100 hours in to Warframe Bloodborne.

Yep.

I made a soft resolution to be more selective with the games I buy this year. Pretty sure I'm only buying Elden Ring until further notice.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wildtortilla posted:

My wife and I are looking for a puzzle kinda game for me to play and her to watch. She likes Picross, point and click adventures, and watching Resident Evil games.

We’ve played and enjoyed Luigi’s Mansion, Captain Toad, and Pushmo.

Any suggestions?

Baba Is You is a great group puzzler. And of course Obra Dinn, though it's not long.

Agrias120 posted:

Yes. It's not much more and you get some extra weapons you wouldn't have otherwise, which can be more effective on certain enemies.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Witcher 3 was playable enough that I'm not mad at getting it for half price but be warned there is a lot of weird glitchy stuff to do with models ragdolling around indoors that I haven't seen on PC. Its still great though, nothing that bad just funny poo poo.

Sorry if I'm just constantly asking about games itt but I've been unemployed for almost a year since I got a switch so I'm diving into a lot of nintendo titles I couldn't afford before I had a job, is smash any good for online play or is the netcode a bit janky? I liked N64 smash and never played gamecube smash and I'd like to get it but I only have a lite for now. Even if I buy a big boy switch I doubt many of my mates are smash types.

There is very noticeable lag playing smash online to the point imo it’s not even the same game. Especially these days with games like guilty gear getting rollback net code and other games being patched to get it too. I would go as far as to say if you’re only gonna play online do not get smash

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
I have an Epid ID that I'm using for Rocket League on Switch but I can't figure out what email address I have tied to it. Both of my email addresses are already associated with Epic logins, neither of which is the one I have for Rocket League. I only see the option to sign in with an email address on the Epic website and I couldn't find anything in game either. Is there any way to find what email address is tied to a given Epic ID?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Do you guys suppose the metroid prime remaster will have the same engine as mp4

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ugh, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze went on sale for about 40 bucks, and that's how much I'd be willing to pay for it, but since I bought SMTV and Nocturne I can't justify dropping that much money on a game I wouldn't play until months from now. But it's never going to go on sale again, probably.

e:

To be fair, Danganronpa isn't shy about the fanservice, having just finished up watching ProZD and Jay playing through the first two games. The first game has a scene with the guys peeking on the girls in the bath (it can be skipped if you avoid the gacha machine, but then you wouldn't be able to get presents for the social links) and in both games the reward for maxing out a social link is getting that character's underwear. Also the second game has a girl tripping and exposing herself spread eagle as a vital clue to solving the murder. Those are pretty valid reasons to find the games weird and creepy. That's a little different from assuming any game with high school characters is weird and creepy. Like I don't think that poster would find Final Fantasy 8 weird and creepy just because they're high schoolers (at a military academy whose mission is to murder the headmaster's wife).

Ive never played danganrompa so i just assumed that guy was dismissing all highschool aged themeing, apologies if i misread.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Inzombiac posted:

Gross.

I keep buying games and then sinking another 100 hours in to Warframe.

Same, though honestly this last Prime Resurgence event has really burned me out on the game so I've been getting in a lot of other gaming lately.

To that end, I see Eastward is on sale (for like only 10 percent off but still) and I've been eyeing it, any thoughts on it? I love the Earthbound aesthetic, though i understand it plays nothing like it, but if it's a good game then I'm interested.

The other possibility is SMTV, but that's like twice the price and I'm worried I'll get burned out on SMT gameplay, after recently getting Persona Q2

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The Switch doesn't have enough games I say while continuously refreshing Deku Deals to grab titles I will never ever find the time to actually play.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Like I don't think that poster would find Final Fantasy 8 weird and creepy just because they're high schoolers (at a military academy whose mission is to murder the headmaster's wife).

Your left out that the main cast were adopted by them but forgot that they were all raised together by the headmaster and his evil wife because their source of power steals their memories. That plot is a mess.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Morpheus posted:

The other possibility is SMTV, but that's like twice the price and I'm worried I'll get burned out on SMT gameplay, after recently getting Persona Q2
I mean, Persona Q plays nothing like SMT 5. Persona Q plays very little like Persona, even, it's an Etrian Odyssey game with a Persona coat of paint.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

pixaal posted:

Your left out that the main cast were adopted by them but forgot that they were all raised together by the headmaster and his evil wife because their source of power steals their memories. That plot is a mess.

Also the evil wife is from the future? Or there's a ghost that possesses the wife, that ghost is from the future.

I refuse to spoiler this.

Commander Keene posted:

I mean, Persona Q plays nothing like SMT 5. Persona Q plays very little like Persona, even, it's an Etrian Odyssey game with a Persona coat of paint.

True but there's only so many games in a row that I can deal with casting bufu/agi/etc to exploit weaknesses and get bonus turns/attacks while fusing demons/personas to get me the next of that arcana and get stronger.

Like, yeah the dungeon traversal is very different but the core gameplay isn't really. The importance of having the right composition of persona in your party is lessened somewhat in Q2 but it's still there, especially choosing the right party members.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 7, 2022

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Basically all I remember about playing most of the way through FF8 years ago is the part I got up to was some nonsense about time compression. Also there was a card game that I didn't like much.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
if you didn't like triple triad then yeah ff8 has nothing for you

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Commander Keene posted:

Basically all I remember about playing most of the way through FF8 years ago is the part I got up to was some nonsense about time compression. Also there was a card game that I didn't like much.

Triple Triad is a treasure and I will not hear some uncultured swine besmirch its name.

Except the Random rule, that can go gently caress itself.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Morpheus posted:

My copy got delayed and Amazon says if I don't have it by today I should ask for a refund tomorrow, which doesn't make me hopeful I'll actually get it! :argh:

Morpheus posted:

Triple Triad is a treasure and I will not hear some uncultured swine besmirch its name.

Except the Random rule, that can go gently caress itself.

Yeah I love Triple Triad! What there's an actual nonsensical JRPG to go along with this card game?

Add the Plus rule to rules that can go gently caress themselves though. That one always screwed me over way more than it benefitted me.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Triangle Strategy sounds like a DNC affiliated consultancy full of balding ivy leaguers with Ryza mousepads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
turn your monitor on