Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

What is hunnage? Even urban dictionary is silent on this.

It's the act of being a 'hun'.

Instagram influenced - greys and greys on greys, live laugh love signs, MLM's etc.

You'll sometimes see them referenced as 'Fiat500 twitter' because that's the stereotypical car to drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Total Meatlove posted:

It's the act of being a 'hun'.

Instagram influenced - greys and greys on greys, live laugh love signs, MLM's etc.

You'll sometimes see them referenced as 'Fiat500 twitter' because that's the stereotypical car to drive.

I see, I see, makes perfect sense

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Total Meatlove posted:

If it's not too personal a question - Who shotgunned the beer?

Haha, we were geared up to the nines so we just slapped a few hands that were extended out as we went around the tables. I wanted to stand on my chair and do the two middle fingers to the attendees, wife felt that may have been a step too far.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They're called Huns because the generic opening cold call style facebook post where they try to lure you into buying their MLM scam starts by addressing you as Honey or Hun.

mystery bug
Oct 9, 2021
u ok hun? xx

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I think it's a Baltimore thing.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Rust Martialis posted:

Friend's wife came down the aisle to the Imperial March, at her insistence.

Barudak posted:

I knew a lot of couples that used LotR music for their weddings,
A coworker's relative supposedly did a whole Lord of the Rings themed wedding, with costumes and decorations and everything.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Xakura posted:

This is where my mind went as well

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Jesus Christ there’s a bunch of sonic plebes in this thread. The op gave the song away by saying it’s something you would hear on the radio. It’s fire woman. Originally performed by the cult, but the husband knows the crush 40 version. It’s an okay song, very 80s feeling, and it’s about falling for a lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE_jYB6mM5s

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Ziv Zulander posted:

Jesus Christ there’s a bunch of sonic plebes in this thread.

You’re saying that like it’s a bad thing tho??

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

webmeister posted:

You’re saying that like it’s a bad thing tho??

The only good sonic games are the 3D ones

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do you think they'll digitally remove both of Tails' buttholes in the next Sonic movie?

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Ziv Zulander posted:

Jesus Christ there’s a bunch of sonic plebes in this thread. The op gave the song away by saying it’s something you would hear on the radio. It’s fire woman. Originally performed by the cult, but the husband knows the crush 40 version. It’s an okay song, very 80s feeling, and it’s about falling for a lady.

Never actually appeared in a Sonic game though. Which means it's not Sonic music it's Sonic adjacent music.

The actual funniest possible song he could pick is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Captain Fargle posted:

Never actually appeared in a Sonic game though. Which means it's not Sonic music it's Sonic adjacent music.

The actual funniest possible song he could pick is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

You think that a 30 year old who picks sonic music for their wedding is restricted to stuff that actually appears in the games?

Anyway the best song to choose would obviously be the zebrahead version of his world, made for the phenomenal sonic 2k6

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

a podcast for cats posted:

2020s reboot of Keeping Up Appearances looking kind of bleh.

In all honesty, Hyacinth was 30 years ahead of her time. She'd probably have a successful Youtube/IG/Tiktok channel about sophisticated manners, interior decoration and social graces and a moderately sized, but dedicated following of kooky fans with terrible political opinions. Could probably outearn Richard too.

I desperately want to watch this show.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Live Laugh Love, bbz and ignore the snakes.

gotta go, just checkin' into A&E. Inbox me.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Ziv Zulander posted:

You think that a 30 year old who picks sonic music for their wedding is restricted to stuff that actually appears in the games?

Anyway the best song to choose would obviously be the zebrahead version of his world, made for the phenomenal sonic 2k6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUqQtcij7Jc

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

If it's not the eggman song then call the thing off

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Look if your partner can’t appreciate “all hail shadow” by powerman 5000 kick that bitch to the curb. if your partner cares more about how people are going to perceive you* than both of you celebrating each other you don’t need to get married

*within reason.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Rust Martialis posted:

Uhhhh, Greg and Julie's wedding?

Nope, I'm Finnish.

The priests of the Lutheran state church tend to be mostly quite chill, and not too hung up on decorum.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ziv Zulander posted:

The only good sonic games are the 3D ones

Hey, hey, look over there. You can see the farm we'll have, where Cream the Rabbit can hop about to her heart's content. Keep on looking, you'll see it.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for demanding my husband to replace all the books he threw away?

quote:

I f31 am a reader, used to read a lot in my teeange years as an escape method from many of my problems and recently got back to reading. I read classic books since this category isy fav, I spent time and effort visiting libraries and online shops to collect books.

Thing is my husband m33 hates it when I read, We've just returned from honey moon 2 months ago and he's been complaining about books taking our special time away, specifically at night but I like to think that I'm balancing with my reading time. He has started calling me grandma or say I remind him of an old lady neighbor to get me to quit reading but it didn't budge me.

A week ago, I found out that he's given my book collection away and I was devastated after he defended himself saying he did this for my own good and for the sake of our marriage since I seemed to forget my priorities. I flipped out, yelled at him that those books were hard to get and demanded he pay me and replace them right then but he said that I really should invest my time into am outdoor hpbby we could both do but I was having none of it and demanded he replace the books, I gave him a list of every name of every book and when he saw it he laughed and asked if I was still really thinking about those books and suggested "I move on" but I yelled at him telling him he has a week to replace them and that was it.

He's trying to get me to let it go and had others say it was childish of me to started a fight over some books while the library is open but they got no comment from me.

AITA for expecting him to replace the books?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
She needs to grind up a bunch of Barbara Cartland novels, blend them with MD2020, then drown him in the resulting gruel.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

Throw out an equal amount of his poo poo. Then him. Then the rest of his poo poo.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

How did this ever not come up before getting married, have they even spent an evening together once?

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Lol I have to read for at least an hour before sleep as a wind down, after several bedtime ritual things, and i would straight up murder my partner if he took reading away from me then continued to crash into bed and fall asleep within minutes like literally every man I've known seems able to do somehow.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Xakura posted:

Spot the guy who just farted.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Soylent Pudding posted:

If it’s too late to get an annulment she should get a divorce. Why did she marry a man who doesn’t respect her in the first place? Is this what the future holds for head pisser’s fiancée?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Tiberius Christ posted:

How did this ever not come up before getting married, have they even spent an evening together once?
He wanted her to be available for sex at every evening after marriage because he sees her as a sex toy, he might have kept that under wraps beforehand.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It’s a pretty common thread for someone to cover their rear end right up till the second they get married and then put it on full display. See also the countless dudes who expect their fiancees to transform into sexmoms overnight and the thread legend who didn’t think cheating before marriage counted.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Who takes out a one-sided five-figure loan to pay for a wedding? I know the marriage industry is poisoned, but if your fiancé is happy to let you eat the entirety of the costs, you don't need to wait for him to get caught cheating on you; you are already doomed.

I'm pretty sure that story is creative writing by a teenager.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I knew a couple that got married to WoW music. Real pretty stuff. https://youtu.be/85JLNFc4eT4

They’re divorced now.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
We played some wrestling music at our wedding. We did our big entrance to John Cena's music for instance. It wasn't the theme of the wedding but it was a way to incorporate something we like. Weddings are fun, let people play the music they want, sheesh.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

PetraCore posted:

He wanted her to be available for sex at every evening after marriage because he sees her as a sex toy, he might have kept that under wraps beforehand.

He seems like the kind of guy where she could probably do both at the same time, and it'd take two minutes, tops.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It’s a pretty common thread for someone to cover their rear end right up till the second they get married and then put it on full display. See also the countless dudes who expect their fiancees to transform into sexmoms overnight and the thread legend who didn’t think cheating before marriage counted.

I thought that one was a woman

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Clearly the Sonic groom wants the lyrical genius of My Sweet Passion at his wedding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcWvfWUVqk

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Zore posted:

I hope its just the dumbest early 3D buttrock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WcyVvWZJU4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRESgqJIsoo

No one will ever peg these as video game music

the first link here was my immediate thought

hoping this is also there too lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYW7-hNXZlM

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for feeling like my SO doesn’t support me?

quote:

Throwaway obviously. I am a female that can do pedicures. I went to school for cosmetology so I am definitely skilled in the craft. My SO who is also female has AWFUL feet. From the toenail to the heels they are some of the worst feet I’ve ever seen. I mean years of neglect. We have been together for 9 and half years.

On multiple occasions, I’ve begged her to let me do her feet in our own home. I literally have everything I need here. She has made every excuse as why she doesn’t like getting her feet done. Sometimes, I do get tired of doing my own and wanna feel pampered so I invite her along and she declines and the excuses start.

Recently, she has went back home to be with family and has been gone for about 8 months. Her family knows I do pedicures. When they seen her feet, they of course talked about em. She tells me one of her cousins offered to take her to get them done and she accepted the offer very quickly. I ended up finding out later on that she paid $60 the herself. I let her know how that hurt me to feel like she doesn’t support me. She ended up getting mad and we just ended the argument.

The same situation has come up again but this time it’s a friend who’s offering to pay. She accepted it once again. I once again let her know how I felt on the situation and she’s mad again.

She also has a side hustle of making seafood. I DO NOT eat others peoples seafood unless she DID NOT feel like cooking it and we both ate it.

So am I an AH for feeling like she doesn’t support me?

"Sorry, I can't get the Filet-o-Fish, that would be cheating on my partner."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

instead of or in addition to the first dance, at my hypothetical wedding I kindof want to sing this :kiddo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iUqd05EK1E

(apologies to the video deadnaming marcie free)

slowed down a bit, making it less "hair" and more "croon"...i bet i could make it a real loving tear-jerker too, hopefully also with some scattered laughter. i think that's an okay feel for a wedding.

the movie sucks, and so do the sonic games whose songs have lyrics, so i want to hear the fiance's choice of song, and their full rationale for it.

e:

Ziv Zulander posted:

awwwww, see? 🥲 🤘

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Doc Hawkins posted:

the movie sucks, and so do the sonic games whose songs have lyrics, so i want to hear the fiance's choice of song, and their full rationale for it.
Admittedly my expectations were extremely low and my only other option was to actually do my job, but I kind of liked the Sonic movie.