Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Darko posted:

Speaking of which, what EU story explained why the Ewoks apparently had existing giant log traps all over the place?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gorax

AndyElusive posted:

Part of me was hoping instead of CGI Hutts the Twins would be enormous puppets like the original Jabba, which I love. But those days are long gone and the original Jabba was a complex character to physically represent for everyone involved. Can't imagine them having teams to puppet TWO of them.

Same here, huge fan of actual puppet creatures. Then again, there was a reason that the original Jabba never moved from his throne, and if you want more mobility (and I really hope we're going to get a fight scene involving the Twins), you need to go CGI.

kazmeyer posted:

There's a toy Youtuber who's obsessed with Jabba and he just recently did a video where he had 3D printed a custom action figure of the Hutt where you could pull off his front and it revealed figures of the three puppeteers inside working the arms and the tail. It was actually kind of cool.

I've been tempted to print these for a while now.
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/star-wars-stl-jabba-the-hutt-pupett-team-obj-vintage-style-action-figure
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/como-se-hizo-jabba-el-hutt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I really liked the image of the two Hutts, there was something very menacing about the way they filled the street up.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The detail I liked most about the Hutts were that throughout their scene, the litter bearers would buckle under the weight every so often. It was a nice little touched that helped sell that the hutts weren't just a vfx inserted in post

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

So if the Twins are Jabba's cousins, what are the odds we get to see a live action version of their (presumed) parent Ziro?

E: wait, forgot Ziro's dead. Flashback then

Remalle fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 7, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Slashrat posted:

The detail I liked most about the Hutts were that throughout their scene, the litter bearers would buckle under the weight every so often. It was a nice little touched that helped sell that the hutts weren't just a vfx inserted in post

There were also a few shots where the litter was definitely bowed at the center, but in others it was almost straight across

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The possibility of Dr. Aphra showing up also means there is also a possibility of BT-1 and 0-0-0 showing up.

They were thoroughly scrapped in a tussle with Vader just before ESB though, and they've yet to be reassembled, sadly

Hope springs eternal though

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Remalle posted:

So if the Twins are Jabba's cousins, what are the odds we get to see a live action version of their (presumed) parent Ziro?

E: wait, forgot Ziro's dead. Flashback then

If we're very lucky we'll see Zorba

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Seriously though, where the hell is Rotta the Hutt?

You'd think if anyone would have beef with people taking over his father's business, it'd be Jabba's offspring

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Boba will have to raise a baby Hutt

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Karloff posted:

I really liked the image of the two Hutts, there was something very menacing about the way they filled the street up.

That litter is 100% going to snap in two and send them splatting to the ground at some point when Boba does his thing.

Look at how it bows.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Bussamove posted:

That litter is 100% going to snap in two and send them splatting to the ground at some point when Boba does his thing.

Look at how it bows.

The litter will crash into the side of a building, and a giant hopper of salt will tip over on top of them (they're just slugs, right?)

I read somewhere that the Hutt species were hermaphroditic and any male/female appearance was solely the discretion of that particular Hutt at that particular moment. Which supports my slug theory.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

The Tusken tribe better show up in the finale with chopped up speeder bikes.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Slashrat posted:

I noticed that too and the whole time I felt so bad for them and was waiting for one of the twins at any moment to order the execution of one buckling at any moment.

Oh god my back hurts thinking about trying to lift that thing with two Hutts on it.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Doctor Spaceman posted:

If we're very lucky we'll see Zorba

I'm so glad the concept of "Hutts with hair" was abandoned.

Yes, the ROTJ novelization claims that Jabba's hair had fallen out due to a series of diseases, but after that, nobody ever went there again. The closest we got was the Hutt council in a few Clone Wars episodes, a few members of which affected the use of some kind of starfish to approximate wigs.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I was just waiting for Boba to shoot one of the hutt-bearers causing the whole thing to collapse

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

There was a wookie who looks like a husky he seems pretty cool

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Are the Ewok Adventures considered canon?

Speaking of Ewoks, I found a picture of myself hanging out with an Ewok at either Universal Studios or Walt Disney World circa 1991. Not sure which had a Star Wars attraction back then. (edit: Star Tours, at Disney World way before they bought it)

I really hope their costumes have gotten better.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 7, 2022

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I don't think this was posted but it's rad as gently caress

CornHolio posted:

I really hope their costumes have gotten better.

That queue hasn't changed in the last 20 years, but costumed ewoks aren't a thing at Disney's Hollywood Studios anymore. The only costumed characters are at the new Galaxy's Edge park expansion, and there are were (before Covid) a couple of stationary photo ops at the Launch Bay.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 7, 2022

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Little late for Aphra-chat, but whatever. She’s a rogue lesbian archaeologist who bangs and swindles her way across the empire, the rebellion, and the underworld. Her 2 most common companions are a protocol droid (whose is extraordinarily menacing/considers torture his favorite hobby) and a refitted astromech that calls itself a “blastomech” (due to a machine gun and proton torpedo launcher inside his head). He’s also got a flamethrower somewhere, because gently caress you and why not?

She also owes Black Krrsantan a pile of money, and he’s not going to let that slide.

It’s a wild ride, wholly recommend.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A rogue lesbian? So she's bisexual?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Emetic Hustler posted:

The Tusken tribe better show up in the finale with chopped up speeder bikes.

At some point "Boba the bounty hunter" won't be enough and he'll have to draw on his connections to the Sand People.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If the whole season ends up being about restoring Tusken Raider rights I'll forgive any mediocrity.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Flash forward 15 years and the Tusken are no better off but every Toschi Station Dance Revue show starts off with a land acknowledgement at the insistence of Daimyo Fett.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

I was just waiting for Boba to shoot one of the hutt-bearers causing the whole thing to collapse

It was extraordinarily lame that he didn't. Or that the mayor didn't just execute both of them given the opportunity. Everyone coming off real incompetent in this show.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"Good old sand. I ever tell you how much I love sand."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how one of the Hutts had a hoojib that he was using as a towel.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Owlbear Camus posted:

Flash forward 15 years and the Tusken are no better off but every Toschi Station Dance Revue show starts off with a land acknowledgement at the insistence of Daimyo Fett.

While droids with restraining bolts and literal slaves shuffle around serving drinks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Slashrat posted:

Apparently they really were struggling. The Hutts were just cardboard on set, but the litter itself was actually incredibly heavy.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Icon Of Sin posted:

Little late for Aphra-chat, but whatever. She’s a rogue lesbian archaeologist who bangs and swindles her way across the empire, the rebellion, and the underworld. Her 2 most common companions are a protocol droid (whose is extraordinarily menacing/considers torture his favorite hobby) and a refitted astromech that calls itself a “blastomech” (due to a machine gun and proton torpedo launcher inside his head). He’s also got a flamethrower somewhere, because gently caress you and why not?

Aren't proton torpedoes ship-mounted weapons? Wouldn't this be like strapping an AMRAAM to a Roomba?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Is there a reason other than "They have power" that the Hutts are as feared as they are? It seems like they'd be super easy to kill and have someone a little more mobile/less conspicuous take their place.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hazo posted:

Aren't proton torpedoes ship-mounted weapons? Wouldn't this be like strapping an AMRAAM to a Roomba?

Eh, its a bit like a hellfire and an AT4 are both missiles, but one is way bigger. Though I don't think a man portable photon torpedo launcher has been seen, lots of games have them though.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

AFewBricksShy posted:

Is there a reason other than "They have power" that the Hutts are as feared as they are? It seems like they'd be super easy to kill and have someone a little more mobile/less conspicuous take their place.

Hutts live a long time, are resistant to force shenanigans, actually quite strong when not being a lazy gently caress like Jabba, and are blaster/blade resistant on their hides.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Why doesn't the chairman of the joint cheifs usurp Biden? He wouldn't even have to use the military; he could probably just beat him to death barehanded.

"Power resides where men believe it resides. It's a trick. A shadow on the wall. And a very fat slug can cast a very large shadow.”

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

Hutts live a long time, are resistant to force shenanigans, actually quite strong when not being a lazy gently caress like Jabba, and are blaster/blade resistant on their hides.

To add on to this they always have their goons with em as any crime boss usually does.

Also I love the idea of a buff rear end Hutt. Imagining them being such dangerous creatures but easily susceptible to gluttonous behavior having achieving power.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

twistedmentat posted:

Eh, its a bit like a hellfire and an AT4 are both missiles, but one is way bigger. Though I don't think a man portable photon torpedo launcher has been seen, lots of games have them though.

Old school Spacetroopers were said to have mini-proton torpedo launchers as part of their armor, so there’s some basis for it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Owlbear Camus posted:

Why doesn't the chairman of the joint cheifs usurp Biden? He wouldn't even have to use the military; he could probably just beat him to death barehanded.

"Power resides where men believe it resides. It's a trick. A shadow on the wall. And a very fat slug can cast a very large shadow.”

It's this but I also hope there is a reveal that the Hutts are actually extremely dangerous and physically threatening if they decide to attack. I'm thinking Leto II. Lightning fast and basically unstoppable.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I liked the line about Boba Fett having to get permission to kill a Hutt, implying that Hutts work off of the "made man" principle, which is another reason they'd be feared.

quote:

I believe so. BT-1 is loving insane.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

AFewBricksShy posted:

Because they are mobsters who hail from planet mobster

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's this but I also hope there is a reveal that the Hutts are actually extremely dangerous and physically threatening if they decide to attack. I'm thinking Leto II. Lightning fast and basically unstoppable.

hell yeah for sure it was super rad when yoda bounced around and did flips and poo poo

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://twitter.com/Nymphomachy/status/1092109196152197122

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hazo posted:

I don't think this was posted but it's rad as gently caress

Holy loving poo poo that rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This show and The Mandalorian really make me want to do a Star Wars tabletop game.