Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Jade probably shouldn't be on TV. She's extremely not ready & it's doing her a disservice: could easily turn fans on her regardless of how improved she is 2 years down the road.

good point, the wrestler with giant arms + washboard abs + 0% bodyfat should not be on camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

little munchkin posted:

good point, the wrestler with giant arms + washboard abs + 0% bodyfat should not be on camera

Yes, & as we all know that's why Tom Magee had a tremendously successful wrestling career.

Sadly there is more to being a TV ready professional wrestler than having a great look.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, & as we all know that's why Tom Magee had a tremendously successful wrestling career.

Sadly there is more to being a TV ready professional wrestler than having a great look.

Yeah there's also being a big draw with audiences. Thankfully Jade's got that too!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
There's more to being a wrestler than good in-ring work and I feel, especially on these forums, people sometimes forget that. She's got a great look and charisma.
I personally don't find her too engaging but it's easy for me to see why people think she's so great. I would have preferred for Ruby to win but I don't think it was a mistake to put the strap on Jade at all. It's true that she needs to be carried to some extent but with clever booking I don't see that becoming a problem because it worked, at least in my opinion, so far.

I'm sure she'll be the full package one day. It was pointed out during the match that Jade is an "11 month veteran." She is doing remarkably well considering that and how much of a wet fart I thought her debut was.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Jade is presented well and her limitations are cleverly booked around. AEW has to strike while the iron is hot. Taking Jade off TV would be a mistake.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jade's matches are bad in the "you can see her visibly trying to remember spots" sense, not the "Omos" sense. Which is something you can improve upon. I don't think she should be going over five minutes at this point, though.

Also, yeah, she looks phenomenal. Star presence.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I will also say that Jade has distinctly improved in-ring since she debuted.

I wouldn't have made her TBS champ (honestly I'd have gone Deeb and made it the workrate title) but I also think the people nominating her match as one of the worst of the year are being a bit silly. What I actually think would help her would be a faction around her so she could show out on tag matches and improve her ring work there.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

forkboy84 posted:

Jade's perfectly fine. She's still green but she's putting on perfectly fine matches and it's kinda weird that people insist she's some kind of Performance Center graduate who is struggling to do one star matches.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The best part of the Jade match was JR going 'you won't see her go to the top rope' immediately followed by Jade doing a double axe handle

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

The best part of the Jade match was JR going 'you won't see her go to the top rope' immediately followed by Jade doing a double axe handle

that got a real sensible chuckle from me

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

ha, I didn't notice that. Would've been clever to talk up how Jade never takes to the sky given how the match was supposed to end, but womp womp

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I like everything about Jade Cargill so I'm happy to see her on TV a lot and with a title belt :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/repalec/status/1479332848196743168

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I like everything about Jade Cargill so I'm happy to see her on TV a lot and with a title belt :)

I don't like her potty mouth :(

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jade is pretty good considering her time spent training and limited number of matches. I feel like she is approaching the point in her development where she would really benefit from a 3-6 month excursion in Japan. Hopefully she can get over there for a your in the next couple years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinche Rudo posted:

Jade is pretty good considering her time spent training and limited number of matches. I feel like she is approaching the point in her development where she would really benefit from a 3-6 month excursion in Japan. Hopefully she can get over there for a your in the next couple years.

Have been of the opinion she should go to Dragon Gate and become the new ace but she would be such a big star she'd never come back.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jade should go to GLEAT

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

iirc Swann was COMPLETELY outclassed in that match? Like, he was gassed within minutes, and he's nowhere near as good a worker anyway, but in spite of that, Kenny still carried him to a half-decent match. Granted, it wasn't a carryjob on the scale of Bret/Bulldog (not least because Kenny Omega is no Bret Hart) but it's not like Kenny squashed Rich Swann or whatever.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Man, Jade in a joshi promotion absolutely dwarfing everyone else would whip rear end

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I've been seeing "Jade is a Bianca Belair ripoff" takes. They're either not actually watching or are just telling on themselves lol Even in bad faith that's dumb as gently caress.

Edit: to be clear I like Bianca a lot but she and Jade have totally different characters and you'd only think Jade is a "ripoff" if your mushbrain can only see both as "athletic black women" and nothing more

Destroy My Sweater fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 7, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i haven't been seeing that. It's a lot better

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Maybe Jobbernation should be retired because he's just saying anything to rile people up but I think this is what I was thinking of

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1479110187608788992?s=20

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Venomous posted:

iirc Swann was COMPLETELY outclassed in that match? Like, he was gassed within minutes, and he's nowhere near as good a worker anyway, but in spite of that, Kenny still carried him to a half-decent match. Granted, it wasn't a carryjob on the scale of Bret/Bulldog (not least because Kenny Omega is no Bret Hart) but it's not like Kenny squashed Rich Swann or whatever.

i dont think he was gassed, i think he caught a gnarly head bump early on and was pretty much out of it after 5 minutes

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Rarity posted:

Agreed. That made me laugh really hard.

Jade's fine. She's getting better every week, her promos are getting really good and she's drawing money so gently caress yeah you go girl. She'll carry that title for a long while, establish it as legit, and build a huge star in whoever finally ends her streak.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I've been seeing "Jade is a Bianca Belair ripoff" takes. They're either not actually watching or are just telling on themselves lol Even in bad faith that's dumb as gently caress.

That unintentionally says a lot about them because as you point out, the only thing they have in common is "black woman". They have completely different personalities, characters, in-ring styles etc.

But I guess only one promotion is allowed to have black people.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That unintentionally says a lot about them because as you point out, the only thing they have in common is "black woman". They have completely different personalities, characters, in-ring styles etc.

But I guess only one promotion is allowed to have black people.

I wonder how they feel about Private Party and Street Profits!

(just kidding, I know how they feel and it's the same gross bullshit)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I've only been noticing people calling Tony "Con" recently. But it can't have only started in the last month or so right? It's a pun so lame they have to have thought of it sooner.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
"Push black talent!"

"Not like that!"

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

IGgy IGsen posted:

I've only been noticing people calling Tony "Con" recently. But it can't have only started in the last month or so right? It's a pun so lame they have to have thought of it sooner.

i'm sure you can find the first time someone said it on twitter but it was a Dan Lambert line

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Fart Radio posted:

i'm sure you can find the first time someone said it on twitter but it was a Dan Lambert line

I figured Lambert said it as a nod to Twitter idiots. But maybe I give the idiots too much credit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Getting mad about you not pushing black talent then getting more mad about you pushing black talent cause it means I can't get mad at you for not pushing black talent

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This one made me stop in my tracks. How does one become so blind to reality?

https://twitter.com/Necroeric/status/1478956109197103106

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
"Where has she worked hard" said the 17 year DJ.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Lost all her body definition? Has he not seen her abs?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Shard posted:

that dumbass puts ice in his bong. ignore him.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

Lost all her body definition? Has he not seen her abs?

Apparently not!

https://twitter.com/TristanCall/status/1479074228142055424

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

i dont think he was gassed, i think he caught a gnarly head bump early on and was pretty much out of it after 5 minutes

ah. That makes more sense.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Shard posted:

Wow, been a bit since I saw this level of Studman69 out in the wild

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i've cena nuff, that fellow is trolling. saying jade is just aew's attempt at bianca is a stupid lovely opinion but if the dipshit posting it is just saying 'black woman, homegrown talent, pushed to a title quickly' it's a believable dumb take

but saying jade has lost all muscle definition? nah that's a troll. that's bait. no one believes that bullshit!!!!!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gonzo McFee posted:

"Where has she worked hard" said the 17 year DJ.

Like I'm not into body shaming anyone, but it is seriously hard to read this "SHE'S REALLY LET HERSELF GO" bullshit from a dude who probably looks like a sack of potatoes. This is someone who has no idea how much work it takes build muscle and how insane your routine has to be to get a body like Jade's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
SRS owned necrophilia Eric on twitter