Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea, the still have Whose Line, Arrow, Riverdale I think?

Arrow has been cancelled for a couple years now I think? They killed him off in the last DC crossover. They still got Flash and Supergirl maybe? That Legends of Tomorrow show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Skwirl posted:

Arrow has been cancelled for a couple years now I think? They killed him off in the last DC crossover. They still got Flash and Supergirl maybe? That Legends of Tomorrow show?

If WB is selling CW, they're probably going to lose any DC properties though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cat waking me up like

https://twitter.com/ciubcozy/status/1479092330271494145?s=21

T-Square
May 14, 2009

fartknocker posted:

:same: Hell, I wish I looked as good right now at 31 (And a dude). I constantly look like I have black eyes.

Same and same. I’ve had people ask me what happened on multiple occasions and I’m like “…huh?” and they say “you have two black eyes did you get in a fight last night or something?” and I’m like “oh lol, nah I just have bags constantly” and then they go on to insist that no I should really go look in a mirror I have black eyes :jerkbag:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

T-Square posted:

Same and same. I’ve had people ask me what happened on multiple occasions and I’m like “…huh?” and they say “you have two black eyes did you get in a fight last night or something?” and I’m like “oh lol, nah I just have bags constantly” and then they go on to insist that no I should really go look in a mirror I have black eyes :jerkbag:

I used to only get them if I was very tired or very sick even as a kid, but it’s one of those things that became semi-permanent, or at least more obvious, once I hit 30. :corsair:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Just say "you should see the other guy" and refuse to answer any further questions.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What up long-standing eye bag crew?!? I learned about weed in middle school by being accused by teachers of being really high. They could tell from eyes.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Pops Mgee posted:

Family acquaintance (very hesitant to call her a friend) got fired from her nursing job this week. Huge maga chud, super hypocrite Christian, anti covid vax. Hospital implemented vaccine requirements and she tried to get a religious exemption, except the hospital had her records and could see all the other vaccines she's had no problem getting. Fuckin idiot lmao.

The hospital my wife works at said there would be a mandate with allowance for religious exception, then let it sit for a month without saying which religious exceptions would be accepted as valid. Naturally most of the people who submitted for it were outspoken about "their beliefs", and it generated a bunch of strife because dumbasses felt the need to be vocal about their dumbassery.

In the end the hospital administration sent an email acknowledging the loving hypocrisy of people who have other vaccines but won't take this one, but never actually enforced anything. My wife doesn't know of anyone who submitted for religious exception who didn't get it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What up long-standing eye bag crew?!? I learned about weed in middle school by being accused by teachers of being really high. They could tell from eyes.

Until I got my seasonal allergies under control, I would have 2-3 months every year where people thought I was high all the time. My eyes would be super bloodshot, and I'd be drowsy from benadryl.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The hospital my wife works at said there would be a mandate with allowance for religious exception, then let it sit for a month without saying which religious exceptions would be accepted as valid. Naturally most of the people who submitted for it were outspoken about "their beliefs", and it generated a bunch of strife because dumbasses felt the need to be vocal about their dumbassery.

In the end the hospital administration sent an email acknowledging the loving hypocrisy of people who have other vaccines but won't take this one, but never actually enforced anything. My wife doesn't know of anyone who submitted for religious exception who didn't get it.

I still don’t understand what religious objection could be made here but then again the invocation of ‘my beliefs’ never requires any documentation.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

HCA approved every religious exemption that was applied for then dropped the mandate entirely lmao

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I still don’t understand what religious objection could be made here but then again the invocation of ‘my beliefs’ never requires any documentation.

One specific coworker brought up her Catholic faith, which you can stretch to exempt from J&J, but devolved into the standard "it was rushed" poo poo with the mRNA versions.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The buy the CW so you get those sweet sweet judge / court shows on syndication that some people are hopelessly addicted to.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

LeeMajors posted:

If they were something like a JW or a Christian Scientist that are very anti medicine ok sure it is dumb but that is your cult of choice. People who have had all the other vaccines required but are now saying they don't want the Covid ones because Jesus are just idiots who have watched too much crap on Youtube.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
The CW doesn't have many O&Os anymore, so affiliates could drop it. The only physical presence owned by the net are

Atlanta, Georgia WUPA 69 (2.1% US HH)
Detroit, Michigan WKBD-TV 50 (1.6% US HH)
Jeannette - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania WPCW 19 (1.0% US HH)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania WPSG 57 (2.5% US HH)
Sacramento - Stockton - Modesto, California KMAX-TV 31 (1.2% US HH)
San Francisco - Oakland - San Jose, California KBCW 44 (2.2% US HH)
Seattle - Tacoma, Washington KSTW 11 (1.5% US HH)
Tampa - St. Petersburg - Sarasota, Florida WTOG 44 (1.6% US HH)

So a reach of 13% of US households.

Those stations are probably worth more as midband 5G-- set up a minimal ATSC lighthouse and lease off the rest of the spectrum.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Also another one of the RTs my wife works with put in her notice. The last time my wife worked with her, the other lady was considering early retirement because of the physical and mental toll. Seemed like the type of thing she was floating out there to get validation she was doing the right thing, which my wife definitely gave.

She has been working as an RT at that hospital since it opened, and their manager's response was an email back saying "thank you for letting me know. I will tell HR your resignation date". I don't care how stressed you are as a manager, that is worse than my boss saying "no concerns" when I told him I was going to miss multiple days for having two animals put down in the same week.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

The CW doesn't have many O&Os anymore, so affiliates could drop it. The only physical presence owned by the net are

Atlanta, Georgia WUPA 69 (2.1% US HH)
Detroit, Michigan WKBD-TV 50 (1.6% US HH)
Jeannette - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania WPCW 19 (1.0% US HH)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania WPSG 57 (2.5% US HH)
Sacramento - Stockton - Modesto, California KMAX-TV 31 (1.2% US HH)
San Francisco - Oakland - San Jose, California KBCW 44 (2.2% US HH)
Seattle - Tacoma, Washington KSTW 11 (1.5% US HH)
Tampa - St. Petersburg - Sarasota, Florida WTOG 44 (1.6% US HH)

So a reach of 13% of US households.

Those stations are probably worth more as midband 5G-- set up a minimal ATSC lighthouse and lease off the rest of the spectrum.

also, the rumored new owners own a lot of stations, including the nyc and la affiliates (and the former chicago affiliate)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stations_owned_or_operated_by_Nexstar_Media_Group

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

One of the many shitheads who send their emails to me instead of their similar email address accidentally forwarded her exemption request to me. Her exemption was based on being "created in God's perfect image and as such does not believe in modifying that image or design, and anything that changes functionality is against God's plan."

Her email contains in her signature a photo of her. She's wearing glasses.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

We were just asked to turn our cameras on for a quick team check-in/welcome new people because our manager was out for six weeks at the end of the year.

Someone on our team (who manages people) tagged me in the meeting Teams chat and said "Masks are not required at your cube". :wtc:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Blowjob Overtime posted:

We were just asked to turn our cameras on for a quick team check-in/welcome new people because our manager was out for six weeks at the end of the year.

Someone on our team (who manages people) tagged me in the meeting Teams chat and said "Masks are not required at your cube". :wtc:

What a dick

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
RIP to the shittiest television ever created

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Did they shut the Hallmark channel down?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Going by the comedies and reality shows advertised during every single CBS / Fox football game, I really gotta disagree here man.

Endless teen dramas and dimestore superhero shlock sounds like it beats the hell out of United States of Al or Alter Ego.

Or boring answer: literally anything on any cable news channel,

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

Fox News still exists, sadly.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The only time I remember seeing anything about a network show in the last year is when that show about the veteran who lives with an Afghanistan translator did a very special episode about pulling out of Afghanistan

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Tell him he will have to wear a mask at all times after you rearrange his face

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Samadhi posted:

Tell him he will have to wear a mask at all times after you rearrange his face

Even better, that threat would ring hollow because he made that comment calling in from the comfort of his own home!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BigPaddy posted:

If they were something like a JW or a Christian Scientist that are very anti medicine ok sure it is dumb but that is your cult of choice. People who have had all the other vaccines required but are now saying they don't want the Covid ones because Jesus are just idiots who have watched too much crap on Youtube.

It'd be hilarious if another schism occurred since the Pope said get your drat vaccines you dumbasses

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BigPaddy posted:

JWs are actually pro-vaccine.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jw-vaccines-immunization/

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Curses. Worst scripted television adaptions of popular comic books.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
CW gets a massive leg up on all other competition for Supernatural

T-Square
May 14, 2009

We have these stupid awards at work people across the company can nominate each other for if they think someone went above and beyond on something, and you can use them to exchange for stuff I think? But I keep getting nominated for it from HR people that keep asking me to do poo poo absolute last second which is basically just doing my job at this point.

Anyway, one of my coworkers hasn’t gotten one yet and he’s super swamped all day every day and generally kicking rear end. I needed his help for something that someone nominated me for another award on today, so I told her she should give it to him instead and she did, now he’s all happy :3:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
When the gently caress is Licorice Pizza getting a wider release? This movie is all I've cared about seeing for the last six months, then the distributor decided right before Christmas to open it in like a quarter of the theaters they originally planned to.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

T-Square posted:

We have these stupid awards at work people across the company can nominate each other for if they think someone went above and beyond on something, and you can use them to exchange for stuff I think? But I keep getting nominated for it from HR people that keep asking me to do poo poo absolute last second which is basically just doing my job at this point.

Anyway, one of my coworkers hasn’t gotten one yet and he’s super swamped all day every day and generally kicking rear end. I needed his help for something that someone nominated me for another award on today, so I told her she should give it to him instead and she did, now he’s all happy :3:

This sounds like a thing your company does instead of properly paying people

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

General Dog posted:

When the gently caress is Licorice Pizza getting a wider release? This movie is all I've cared about seeing for the last six months, then the distributor decided right before Christmas to open it in like a quarter of the theaters they originally planned to.

im just waiting for a streaming service to buy the streaming rights bc im not going in to a theater and its not playing at any near me anyway

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Skwirl posted:

This sounds like a thing your company does instead of properly paying people

Nah, we’ve had some growing pains implementing our new system this year which kinda sucks but we all get paid good wages and they paid us all a four figure bonus as a project completion bonus this year too.

But, yeah y’all should see how much some of these Union technicians on our payrolls get paid, holy gently caress I’m in the wrong business

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Relentlessboredomm posted:

im just waiting for a streaming service to buy the streaming rights bc im not going in to a theater and its not playing at any near me anyway

I don’t think I’ve been to a screening in the past 2 years that had more than 6 people in the theater. Of course, that only amounts to about five movies.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/cooperlund/status/1479488971650613248?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

loving hell man.

T-Square posted:

Nah, we’ve had some growing pains implementing our new system this year which kinda sucks but we all get paid good wages and they paid us all a four figure bonus as a project completion bonus this year too.

But, yeah y’all should see how much some of these Union technicians on our payrolls get paid, holy gently caress I’m in the wrong business

I think you just proved my point. Your company can afford to pay these union workers apparently insane amounts of money, and you get a piece of paper with an empty compliment on it instead of a larger paycheck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever