Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
All Might still seems to have One for All given he can still buff up now and then. It's just mostly out of gas. Hypothetically, it could be rewound to have its stockpile back, but that'd be really lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Staltran posted:

Didn't Eri give Mirio his quirk back with Rewind? OFA being passed on instead of erased is different of course, but it's not so clear cut that he wouldn't get OFA back if rewinded. (now from a narrative stand point that's obviously never going to happen, but that might be due to never being rewinded, not because it wouldn't work)

From what I recall the bullets worked by erasing or damaging the target's quirk factor (I think, specifically, because they were made out of eri's flesh and blood they rewound it to non-existence?) so rewinding him to a point before that happened would naturally regrow it. But since All Might doesn't have a natural quirk factor, like Deku, I guess it probably wouldn't. But it might stop him from vomiting blood all the time. :effort:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi remembered he actually had a character named Tiger.

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1477776876106293248?s=20

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
My best guess would be that All Might could be rewound to having a duplicate One for All, but it would be in the same state it was in when Bro For One received it: starting at zero with no stockpiled power and no vestiges.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

All Might still seems to have One for All given he can still buff up now and then. It's just mostly out of gas. Hypothetically, it could be rewound to have its stockpile back, but that'd be really lame.

I don’t think that’s a One for All thing. I think it’s just an All Might thing. One for All just lets him keep it up for more than an instant.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

christmas boots posted:

I don’t think that’s a One for All thing. I think it’s just an All Might thing. One for All just lets him keep it up for more than an instant.

Wasn't All-Might explicitly Quirkless?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ImpAtom posted:

Wasn't All-Might explicitly Quirkless?

Yes, and the only explanation we've been given about his muscle form doesn't involve quirks. :shrug:

He's sucking in his gut at the pool, that's all.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All Might did lots of push-ups, sit-ups, and drank plenty of juice before Nana gave him One For All.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I could've sworn that All Night's Johnny Bravo look is how he should be and the coat hanger of a man version is because of his career-ending injury.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Fabricated posted:

Horikoshi remembered he actually had a character named Tiger.

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1477776876106293248?s=20

Nice to see Ragdoll again, too! :)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

RareAcumen posted:

I could've sworn that All Night's Johnny Bravo look is how he should be and the coat hanger of a man version is because of his career-ending injury.

It's this, he uses One for All to undo the visual damage somehow.

Although it's worth noting he was skinny before getting One for All, the training and fighting he did with it beefed him up considerably (considering he's already started looking full sized by the time he's in America, compared to the skinnier build he had when meeting Nana).

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

All-Might's skeletal rear end is probably that way because his stomach and part of his intestines got pulled out/hosed up. He was probably able to compensate with All for One's power stockpile to some extent but I imagine he's living on medical food and egg whites. The best thing Eri could do for him is rewind him to when he had a stomach and he'd probably be able to bulk back up somewhat and have a way better quality of life, even if his enormous levels of strength and fitness let him survive and live what seems to be a relatively conventional life.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Nessus posted:

All-Might's skeletal rear end is probably that way because his stomach and part of his intestines got pulled out/hosed up. He was probably able to compensate with All for One's power stockpile to some extent but I imagine he's living on medical food and egg whites. The best thing Eri could do for him is rewind him to when he had a stomach and he'd probably be able to bulk back up somewhat and have a way better quality of life, even if his enormous levels of strength and fitness let him survive and live what seems to be a relatively conventional life.

Yeah, it's worth noting the guy's 7 foot tall naturally, he'd be huge even without One for All super training. But without a stomach/intestines he's not got much capacity to digest food anymore so his musculature wastes away since his injury. If he'd been a bit less gung-ho about going out and exacerbating injuries by fighting through the pain and damage he might not have decayed so fast either, and now that he's not fighting he's also stopped coughing up blood.

Really like, medical replacements for his organs via surgery at this point wouldn't be out of line either, he'd just need to find the right time to do it (i.e. when he can be bed-ridden for a few days without worrying about the world he still cares for).

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Even missing his stomach he weighs like 400 lbs

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Kild posted:

Even missing his stomach he weighs like 400 lbs

That's when he's buffing up with One for All though.

Which is weird, his whole deal is weird around that.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1011907
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-339/chapter/23719?action=read

Another two week wait between chapters though?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

When no one is looking, Hatsume places an explosive onto the door of the Support Hero room that's specifically primed to go off when Deku approaches.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

rear end in a top hat faced Midoriya and Iida showing up like three pages later still rear end in a top hat faced is probably one of my favorite gags in a while.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

When no one is looking, Hatsume places an explosive onto the door of the Support Hero room that's specifically primed to go off when Deku approaches.

Explosions are just her Deku alarm because he gets priority for always asking her to build something fun.

Please give Mei Doombots before the manga ends.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/1478879244688125954

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The WoWer?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wasn't that the one they made look like a KKK hood?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

That's a huge reach

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

ImpAtom posted:

Wasn't that the one they made look like a KKK hood?

Yeah that's the one, then they dulled the tip a little and it still totally looked like a Klan hood from behind.

Julias posted:

That's a huge reach

:confused: I'm not saying they're copying Vigilantes or anything, but if you don't think that looks similar, you're as blind as I am reaching.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Yeah that's the one, then they dulled the tip a little and it still totally looked like a Klan hood from behind.

:confused: I'm not saying they're copying Vigilantes or anything, but if you don't think that looks similar, you're as blind as I am reaching.

It has shades of blue and yellow?

Goddamn, 90s Cyclops was a reference to the Crawler all this time

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

:sigh: I just thought it was funny that the light horns, since they are yellow, look kinda similar to All Might's hair tufts. And, being that they are on a cloth hood, I thought Koichi would be a funnier comparison.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I was happy I got to see the cruller!

Estel
May 4, 2010

Scholtz posted:

:sigh: I just thought it was funny that the light horns, since they are yellow, look kinda similar to All Might's hair tufts. And, being that they are on a cloth hood, I thought Koichi would be a funnier comparison.

It's probably a coincidence and it's funny. Also you can be sure that WOW ERPers will use it to roleplay as Koichi in their fanfics representations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh it's absolutely a coincidence, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
the koichi fan who works at blizzard making the hood

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

skipmyseashells posted:

the koichi fan who works at blizzard making the hood

Aizawa: To start your hero training off, one of you needs to walk to Hoth and buy me a sugar cookie.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
shoto finally coming out of his shell by constantly screaming ‘I SPIT HOT FIRE’ and telling everyone he’s a top 5 hero dead or alive

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

Koichi rules.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The chapter's called "The Bad One," but it seems pretty great to me!!!!

(I haven't actually read past the title so feel free to point and laugh if this chapter does somehow suck)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Ok is he seeing the souls of his dying friends while he's dying? I'm very confused and none of this seems to make sense. What even is his power up besides punch harder. I'm on board with it because its good but its still feeling like an rear end pull resolution.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol

okay I'm sorry but it's really funny that being the process of dying lets you project a force ghost apparently

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think the gist is all three of them are on the verge of death, so their spirits are communicating. I'm honestly fine with it but it probably should have been better communicated/established previously.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Vigs

The fact Koichi just punched a hole in a body made of energy means they can drag this out for another chapter or two. Should've at least aimed to sever the head from the body so it would have to waste more energy making a new one rather than just patching a hole...

Still, a very sweet chapter

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Vigilantes
I'll understand if they end this series with all 3 of them dying, but I'm going to be very upset if that's what happens. Especially Pop, who hasn't done anything in I think a year.

Good chapter. Cool stuff. Excited to see how this concludes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Arist posted:

I think the gist is all three of them are on the verge of death, so their spirits are communicating. I'm honestly fine with it but it probably should have been better communicated/established previously.

I think it makes more sense for Koichi to just be hallucinating the whole thing.

It'd be funny if they change perspective and he's way more hosed up than he thinks he is and is basically fighting while unconscious at this point. I'd actually buy all the power-ups if they revealed that he went Plus Ultra but was too out of it to even notice.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 7, 2022