Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

psychopath poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

FDR broke ground in presidential PR with his fireside chats. Biden has his comms team tweet condescendingly at us.

I'm convinced the Oval Pawffice twitter account is a democrat op to inflict psychic damage on people, thereby making them more likely to vote D.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
If Joe Biden wants people to go back to work, it's simple. Make it legal to beat the poo poo out of your boss when your check is late and beat the poo poo out of customers when they are rude.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
"At least he's not Trump! At least he's not Trump!" I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Fitzy Fitz posted:

nancy pelosi retire bitch

who the gently caress is scraeming "retire" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never retire

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The democrats are going to be destroyed in 2022.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Thoguh posted:

The democrats are going to be destroyed in 2022.

To rise again like the phoenix of lameness

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

petit choux posted:

To rise again like the phoenix of lameness

Probably, I remember not even 20 years ago when the republicans were supposed to have been reduced to being a permanent rump party that only could win elections in rural parts of the Deep South.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I used to be open to the possibility that covid would kill enough anti-vax republicans that the dems may squeak out a draw, but now it's clear that both sides equally lust for death and the dems are doomed anyway.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

as many antivax republicans have died and will die it'll pale in comparison to the otherwise-d-voters who got covid and the only thing they got from Joe Biden was "uh maybe you can google covid tests jack"

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
I was thinking that no one alive deserves to step on a landmine more than Nancy Pelosi but then I remembered Lin Manuel Miranda is alive.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

vyelkin posted:

when FDR died he was in his 13th year as president and he was 63 years old, or 16 years younger than Joe Biden is now

this is actually blowing my loving mind lol

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1478832700303998976

:lmao:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

now we’ll finally get those fatcat cheats!!!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"The new tax law was part of the March 2021 American Rescue Plan, which passed with no Republican votes."

lmao

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

I was roasted as "Boomer sovereign citizen money launderer" yelling at the clouds when I complained about this in GBS.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Democrats DESERVE to get destroyed in 2022

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zelle paid the right people

anyhoo lol

https://twitter.com/ReecieColbert/status/1479515866215628801?s=20

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not reading all of that but I'm assuming it's some sort of non-apology that makes him look even worse.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he wasn't saying they should be arrested by ice, he was just saying they should be arrested by ice because they were criminals.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

arrested with ICE

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

PeterCat posted:

I was roasted as "Boomer sovereign citizen money launderer" yelling at the clouds when I complained about this in GBS.

Hmm what makes more sense, the democrats want to find money launderers that do it via small cash transactions on venmo instead of front companies, or they want to punish service workers for daring to not work during the pandemic. A real mystery here.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

god drat the democrats. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you.

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Hmm what makes more sense, the democrats want to find money launderers that do it via small cash transactions on venmo instead of front companies, or they want to punish service workers for daring to not work during the pandemic. A real mystery here.

yup

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Dummy me, I've been paying taxes on my ebay sales regardless of the prices anyway.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Even accounting for America's media destroyed attention span, I don't know how the Dems are going to recover from loving over everyone on COVID.

Their only play is "it's not our fault, here's a grossly misunderstood study"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

dems midterms plan:

ok here’s what I think happened 1/455

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

It's just machines talking to each other. The human noise is only distracting us from what's going on.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

dead internet
imabot urabot

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ikanreed posted:

Misleading. 12 Pinocchios. Their other play is "it's not our fault, because it's not our job."

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Sharkie posted:

Misleading. 12 Pinocchios. Their other play is "it's not our fault, because it's not our job."

Well, and "LOL sorry, we're capitalists"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ikanreed posted:

Even accounting for America's media destroyed attention span, I don't know how the Dems are going to recover from loving over everyone on COVID.

Actually it was all Trump’s fault and any reasonable person can see that there’s absolutely nothing Biden or Democrats could have done to improve things.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DUMBORATS!!!!!

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I think the reporting requirement seems dumb and unnecessary but how does it punish someone not working?

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Raldikuk posted:

I think the reporting requirement seems dumb and unnecessary but how does it punish someone not working?

It doesn't, it punishes service workers collectively. Democrat lawmakers couldn't go to their favorite restaurants, or had to wait forever for service because they were short handed due to people taking unemployment benefits instead of risking their health to bring them treats, so they lash out and make the one reason to be a server in this country harder. That reason of course being getting cash tips and not declaring most of them. I'd bet a hefty sum that if this law passes an even bigger majority of tax evasion cases will be against the working poor, and there will be 10 times more structuring cases brought against waiters for doing $400 and $300 on venmo than profesionalls doing $9000 and $9000 at the bank. The democrats seem to have convinced themselves that anyone without a college degree loves trump so they have no problem treating then with contempt to put them in their place.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

gotta make sure those fat cats venmoing eachother their share of the rent pay their fair share

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The IRS only goes after people too poor to have a lawyer.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
smart settings

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

The Democrats believe so hard in a strong Republican Party that they're going to create entirely new generations of anti-tax, small government libertarians.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what's to stop you from just accepting money on Venmo and the like and just having them not pick the business/commercial option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Thoguh posted:

Probably, I remember not even 20 years ago when the republicans were supposed to have been reduced to being a permanent rump party that only could win elections in rural parts of the Deep South.

Plenty of people on this very subforum were making this argument in tyool 2016