Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm just having no luck getting a working f4w podcast feed on their site, anyone else having that problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brent

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Not a fan of how wonky some of these fonts are. It looks a bit like a Linux app.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

El Generico posted:

It looks a bit like a Linux app.
Fork the website and make it to your liking instead of whining about it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
My only gripe is that the headlines section is too short and needs a few more entries. Bumping it from 6 to 10 would help. Maybe it's better on desktop and not mobile. It looks nice and clean on my phone though so I dig that.

Edit: So the desktop version looks significantly worse than the mobile version, although it does have more headlines.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 7, 2022

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My RSS feed no longer works either and I can’t find where the new ones are on the site to save my life

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

same. can only find the individual files on the site

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My feed into overcast via https://f4wonline.craigmcd.com/ works still, maybe try that?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

At least the Observer newsletter still uses the old website format....for now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feeds actually working fine now. I just had low power mode on :)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh thank God. They cleaned up the text and layout so the article and podcast headings are actually larger than the article/podcast titles.

e: Just double checked and the site looks so much better today.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1479565271761240066?s=21

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

The second guy is Okada, presumably? At the moment I don't even have a half-decent guess as to who might be "totally shocking but also deserved."

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Duane Gill, obviously.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Johnny Rougeau? Or maybe CM Punk?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
randy orton but with edges brain

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

What does he mean by someone being No.1 in all 4 categories? As in 4 different class of voters?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Kevino07 posted:

What does he mean by someone being No.1 in all 4 categories? As in 4 different class of voters?

I'm assuming yeah, I can't recall all the categories off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure active/retired talent and sportswriters are among the categories, possibly with active and retired separated.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It’s D-Von Dudley but only as Reverend D-Von

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
"totally shocking" to me says someone got a huge bump from last year, my wild guess is either Punk because of his comeback, or Orndorff because of his death bump.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CVagts posted:

"totally shocking" to me says someone got a huge bump from last year, my wild guess is either Punk because of his comeback, or Orndorff because of his death bump.

C'mon Big Daddy

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Looking at people who had newsworthy/active 2021s and their percentage last year:

Los Brazos: 53%
Edge: 44%
Tully & Arn: 42%
Ishii: 39%
Ibushi: 38%
Naito: 38%
Randy Orton: 34%
Meiko Satomura: 33%
Caristico: 33%
Domenic Denucci: 31%
Bill Goldberg: 28%
CIMA: 27%
Matt & Jeff Hardy: 24%
Tony Schiavone: 19%
CM Punk: 15%
Tencozy: 15%
Stephanie McMahon: 11%

Added/re-added for 2021: AAA La Parka, Charlotte Flair, Jon Moxley, Shibata, Nikki Bella, Okada, Psycho Clown, Seth Rollins, Takashi Sugiura

Pretty wild to think Psycho Clown and Nikki Bella are going to be dominant first HOFers based on that tweet!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

I Before E posted:

I'm assuming yeah, I can't recall all the categories off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure active/retired talent and sportswriters are among the categories, possibly with active and retired separated.

Wrestlers, journalists, historians, and.....promoters?

Edge & Christian posted:

Looking at people who had newsworthy/active 2021s and their percentage last year:

Los Brazos: 53%
Edge: 44%
Tully & Arn: 42%
Ishii: 39%
Ibushi: 38%
Naito: 38%
Randy Orton: 34%
Meiko Satomura: 33%
Caristico: 33%
Domenic Denucci: 31%
Bill Goldberg: 28%
CIMA: 27%
Matt & Jeff Hardy: 24%
Tony Schiavone: 19%
CM Punk: 15%
Tencozy: 15%
Stephanie McMahon: 11%

Added/re-added for 2021: AAA La Parka, Charlotte Flair, Jon Moxley, Shibata, Nikki Bella, Okada, Psycho Clown, Seth Rollins, Takashi Sugiura

Pretty wild to think Psycho Clown and Nikki Bella are going to be dominant first HOFers based on that tweet!

Related: which of the WWE horsemen are likely to make the hall of fame? Charlotte only just turned 35, Lynch is 34, Bayley 32, Banks is somehow still 29 so 6 years until she's eligible.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 8, 2022

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Active Wrestlers
Retired Wrestlers
Journalists
Historians

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Wazzu posted:

Related: which of the WWE horsemen are likely to make the hall of fame? Charlotte only just turned 35, Lynch is 34, Bayley 32, Banks is somehow still 29 so 6 years until she's eligible.

I don't think any of them get in, but Sasha has the best case as a worker and draw

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The public ballots have Okada (85.7%), Los Brazos (68.4%) and Sgt Slaughter (62.5%) getting in; with Jim Crockett Jr (56.4%) and Big Daddy (55.6%) over 50%. I think its also worth mentioning Bobby Davis (48.7%) as someone else it could be as well. Orndorff is on 31.3% and Punk on 25.0% so the public ballots would have to be wildly out for them to get in.

The public ballots are almost entirely journalists and historians and all of them are ones that are online so there is a chance that they could be wildly out; especially when you factor in older voters and also wrestlers/ex-wrestlers who don't share their ballots. This might hurt Big Daddy because he tends to do particularly badly with his contemporaries but who knows.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's finally Makin A Difference Fatu's year to shine!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

IceAgeComing posted:

The public ballots are almost entirely journalists and historians and all of them are ones that are online so there is a chance that they could be wildly out

IceAgeComing posted:

The public ballots have Okada (85.7%),

Yep, these results are wildly out of synch, anything below 100% for Okada is clearly incorrect.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
lol big daddy

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't know what would be worse, Okada not equaling Kobashi's total or Okada having to share a class with Big F'n Daddy

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Benne posted:

I don't think any of them get in, but Sasha has the best case as a worker and draw

I would have said Lynch has the best chance as she was the biggest draw by far, and has the ring work to back it up.

I'd rank it as:

1. Lynch
2. Sasha Banks
3. Charlotte
4. Bayley

Don't think any will get in first ballot though - Charlotte will probably get less than 10% this time around.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Listening to the Pacific Rim Podcast with Fumi, Jim and Dave. At one point Jim says it's time to wrap things up with one last question.... with 29 minutes left to run on the file. Then finally Jim says it's time to end the show.... and there are 14 minutes left to run :allears:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: Shozo Kobayashi died.
Dave talks for 18 minutes about Kobayashi's career
Bryan: ....wait..... that was STRONG Kobayashi!?! :aaa:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The audio for this wouldn’t play on my phone but I’m happy I can identify this clip without sound now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

njsykora posted:

The audio for this wouldn’t play on my phone but I’m happy I can identify this clip without sound now.

right click, show controls, unmute

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

coconono posted:

right click, show controls, unmute

quote:

on my phone

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Look at this fool unable to right click

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

You all appear to be operating on the assumption that I want to hear the voice of Bryan Alvarez.