Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

FizFashizzle posted:

going ahead and cancelling those tickets to thailand i got for feb

was holding out hope that poo poo's over now

qatar airways website is loving wrecked lol

I've spent like 9 cumulative hours on the phone this week with airlines, poo poo is absolutely hosed right now. Canceled flights, bad weather, whole flight staffs getting covid, it's a mess. At this very second my phone call with United has run to 2 hours and 32 minutes.

Right now I'm dealing with the interesting situation of one of my students ending up with a layover in Frankfurt of NEGATIVE 5 hours and 55 minutes. And the reservation just lists it like that as if everything is fine. Useful for a time traveler perhaps, not for most people!!

They couldn't even come up with a solution for the student so now I'm getting a refund. Somehow, on a round trip ticket costing 900 dollars, I'm only getting around 150 back for cancelling the return flight since so much of it was taxes and fees. Had to buy a new flight for 775 EUR

Urgh

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/maxwellstrachan/status/1479482722913423363

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

I don’t think I’ve been to a screening in the past 2 years that had more than 6 people in the theater. Of course, that only amounts to about five movies.

I saw spidermans the other day and the cinemas were almost empty and pretty well distanced. It might be how I got sick come to think of it. Spidermans was pretty good, so... worth it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

It should be legal to kill people who want to do poo poo like this. It's just "not only do I refuse to contribute anything to society, I want to monetize people having their worst day." Outside of literal blood sucking insects I can't think of a better definition of parasite.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

When your only policy position is making the kind mad.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Skwirl posted:

loving hell man.

I think you just proved my point. Your company can afford to pay these union workers apparently insane amounts of money, and you get a piece of paper with an empty compliment on it instead of a larger paycheck.

Man I just wanted to post about how I made a coworker’s day better and it made me feel good, I’ll gently caress off then I guess

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Haha, the cyber ninja people who did the Arizona “audit” shut the company down, but a judge is issuing a $50k/day fine until they turn over their documents.

https://twitter.com/travofoz/status/1479510009990066176

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

It should be legal to kill people who want to do poo poo like this. It's just "not only do I refuse to contribute anything to society, I want to monetize people having their worst day." Outside of literal blood sucking insects I can't think of a better definition of parasite.

This is policy I can support.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

T-Square posted:

Man I just wanted to post about how I made a coworker’s day better and it made me feel good, I’ll gently caress off then I guess

You did a good thing and should feel good about it mate. It's good poo poo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

T-Square posted:

Chat thread hierarchy. Anger over attention seeking. I’ll find the by laws, or as we call it, the Mudkiper doctrine

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

something something the cruelty is the point, etc etc.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

Haha, the cyber ninja people who did the Arizona “audit” shut the company down, but a judge is issuing a $50k/day fine until they turn over their documents.

https://twitter.com/travofoz/status/1479510009990066176

So it went from their CEO promising to deliver Arizona to the republicans to the company finding there were actually more Biden votes and fewer Trump votes than thought to this? Incredible

T-Square posted:

Don't worry about Skwirl, you're good

Play
Apr 25, 2006

it's nobody's fault. companies are evil, bosses are shitheads, and paychecks are way too small until definitively proven otherwise. such is the way

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hades talk: I really need to get better about spacing out my dashes instead of spamming them as fast as possible

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Intruder posted:

Hades talk: I really need to get better about spacing out my dashes instead of spamming them as fast as possible

Dash timing and direction (including not overusing them) is probably the number one thing when it comes to being good at that game

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Never. Stop. Dashing.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Joey Freshwater posted:

Never. Stop. Dashing.

This is how I play Jett in Valorant, except it's my Updraft and always before the round starts

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hermes posted:

Hermes posted: Never. Stop. Dashing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Never. Stop. Dashing.

I agree but I keep hitting the dash button half a second into the first dash so I don't get my full distance

Play posted:

Dash timing and direction (including not overusing them) is probably the number one thing when it comes to being good at that game

over... using them? doesn't compute

e: god the time I got +3 dashes and had all the poseiden poo poo was a hell of a run

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You can definitely over use dash. The problem I've had in my recent efforts has simply been not getting the boons I need to make a decent build. something defensive for dash, and damage stacking on special and attack is my usual go to.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Depending on the weapon I mash dash and attack together and just go ham all over whatever I’m fighting. Works great with the gloves and shield. Especially if you have the Athena dash deflect thing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/houstonrockets/status/1479569629202817027?s=21

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

that's disgusting

I'd try it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I've done enough damage to my body that I don't think this could make it any worse

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Cinncinati chili dogs covered in Cinnamon Toast Crunch, who says no

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

and then you have to move to cleveland afterwards

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think you're just combining two fine tastes into something that's probably fine, but lesser.

Serve 'em separately and you'd be happier.

Like putting a glob of cookie dough on a burger.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

I think you're just combining two fine tastes into something that's probably fine, but lesser.

There's a sweet/savory crunchy/chewy thing going on there that I'm sure is an absolute disaster.

I would also try it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I can’t get past the bone hydra. I also bleed health overdashing into lava Asphodel. The tight quarters on the hell barge really do a number too.

I’ve gotten pretty good at smiting all three furies so far, but I’ve only done it multiple times w spear, shield and bow. Can’t get the hang of the rail gun and the gloves and sword are too close-quarters for me to maintain health into the boss fight.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Spear lets you keep range from the head and if you can get a dionysus boon to dot the other bits it can soften them up while you are killing other stuff.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The dash is pretty generous but it can absolutely be overused when not necessary, so that when you do really need it you don't have it and you take damage. Or you might just dash yourself into traps and hot lava, you've gotta at least have a plan and idea of where you're moving and why.

LeeMajors posted:

I can’t get past the bone hydra. I also bleed health overdashing into lava Asphodel. The tight quarters on the hell barge really do a number too.

I’ve gotten pretty good at smiting all three furies so far, but I’ve only done it multiple times w spear, shield and bow. Can’t get the hang of the rail gun and the gloves and sword are too close-quarters for me to maintain health into the boss fight.

The bone hydra gets super easy eventually. Once you play for a while longer you'll laugh that you were ever stuck there.

I would use the spear to go for it, for me at least that would make it the easiest. Learn the patterns, no need to take much damage at all, and be aggressive when the multiple heads pop up. Don't forget to use your casts, cheap and easy damage from far away if you have to. And the spear special is great for when only the main head is out too

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
With close quarters you need to dash a lot. The main head doesn’t move a lot and you can sit under it and pound away. Once he’s down about 1/3 he’ll become invulnerable so just concentrate on the smaller guys around the arena. First time there’s 3, then he’ll open back up and become invulnerable again and there will be 5 little hydra. Kill them then finish him off.

Use cast a lot, whether it’s just the gems or if you have a boon from the gods. I like Dionysus and Artemis’s.

Use the specials from them too. Aphrodite’s hits like a truck and Ares’ can too since the Hydra mostly sits still.

Get Athena’s dash! It makes the hydra trivial if you dash a lot.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

If you can - spec for athena and get her deflection dodge right off the bat, I tend to ignore sword in lieu of gloves for any close, dodge heavy build. I just did a pretty easy run using the gloves, got the athena dodge first, next boon was Doom stack on attack from Ares and after that I just kept speccing for stuff that adds to the dodge or to the attack damage and you can pretty much just dash and punch all day every day. I think when I killed Hades I still had my death defiance in the pocket and 100 health on the board.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Getting COVID to own the libs eat the froot loop hot dog

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I would eat that without the fruit loops

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

LeeMajors posted:

For some reason I have found the hydra the easiest, just dash around killing heads when they pop up, and the main head is so predictable it does not really do any damage on its own. I almost always die at Hades, but I think my issue is I am too impatient, once I got low health and played super conservative and was able to kill the 2nd phase with like 5 hp left. Also, every time I get the epic dash to get up to 5 dashes I win.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I have a place called Happy Dog in Cleveland that serves beer too. Perhaps I will go there tomorrow and make this and see what the results are since they offer customize your own dog and offer all those ingredients.

I hope I won't die.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

The others have chimed in with good advice but the one thing I wanted to add is about mentality and about approaching runs

early on, I leaned on having the gifts from Skelly (a free death defiance) and Cerberus (additional life from the jump). But what I realized is the gifts from the other gods you get boons from basically start you down the path towards speccing for them. So if you want to do an Athena-build run, start with her gift, you're guaranteed for her boon in that first room, and while it's not a guarantee you'll get more, it's pretty common to continue seeing that god pop up in other rooms as well.

it may seem like a real steep exchange, but it helped me get more into the boon-based builds and fleshing out characters that can hand out a ton of damage. maybe it's also super-obvious to others but was lost on me for a bit!

the other recommendation is to swap weapons for different runs to whichever is giving the additional darkness boost, every little bit helps.

last advice: Rail gun. Lightning boons.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also get your Death Defiance to 3 as fast as you can. Like literally do runs to get the darkness to buy them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Also unless you force it with a gift, there will only be four gods whose boons appear in any given run, not counting Hermes. So yeah you'll get repeats of your chosen god if you start out with a particular god's present