Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 3 Marienburg miniatures (GW) in November!

moths posted:

This is ambitious and later than I like but,

I, moths, oath:
7x Pz35(t)
3x Pz III N
3x Pz IV G
2x Stuka 87 D

for November

Approved!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:October judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: ape!!!

Second place, 2 points: UgleB

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 30, 2021

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete!

Getting some pictures in at the last minute here:

Claiming the monthly challenge for the freehand camouflage on his gear!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Electric Hobo posted:

:kingsley:October judgement!:kingsley:

Second place, 2 points: UgleB

Well, I am confused. ;)

...Thank you?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ugleb posted:

Well, I am confused. ;)

...Thank you?
Well I messed up the pictures :) the points are correct.

Edit: FIXED!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Make Your Mark for the tail numbers, kill markings, and doofy tail art man (which is apparently accurate) on the planes.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

November is finished, almost the end of the year!

quote:

December: Holiday Snaps - Take at least three Work in Progress pictures of your oath, if you take more please link to an external gallery of them.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of December, 4x Vault Dwellers for Fallout Wasteland Warfare.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of December: 5 Havocs (4 lascannons, 1 leader) by GW

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 1 GW Age of Sigmar Stormcast Eternal Knight-Venator for December

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: October Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  Lord Hypnostache

These troops, despite being dead, have tons of character and a sense of purpose to them.  The muted color scheme helps sell their dead-ness, but you put a lot of emphasis on the contrast between the dessicated fleshtones and the corroded armor.  The overall feeling is one of menace.

Second Place, 2 points:  Zark the Damned

On the opposite end of the undead spectrum, we have this necro-crew straight out of a Saturday morning cartoon.  The cool and earth tones of the scenery and clothes are excellent contrast to the goofy poses, fluorescent-glowing magic, and sharp lines on the figures themselves.  You've really captured a sense of fun with these models.

First Place, 3 points:  with a rebel yell she QQd

One of the things I enjoy about old school Warhammer Fantasy is how much character the models have, and these two pieces are striking examples of that.  The shading, bright cloth and dingy metals are great for selling the grimdark, but it's the faces that put these gunners over the top.  You get a sense that these are nobles leading their vassals into battle.

Bonus Point:  Ugleb

Love a good Vault!  The pools and the hulk of dead car are great, but the rusted-out nature of this Vault door is probably my favorite piece of the set.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points:  with a rebel yell she QQd

One of the things I enjoy about old school Warhammer Fantasy is how much character the models have, and these two pieces are striking examples of that.  The shading, bright cloth and dingy metals are great for selling the grimdark, but it's the faces that put these gunners over the top.  You get a sense that these are nobles leading their vassals into battle.

Thank you judges! You keep me motivated!

Edit: Also wanted to add, that they are indeed officers for my Marienburg warband, so being rich kid nobles leading their vassals into battle is spot on!

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 6, 2021

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: October Judgements! :siren:

Bonus Point:  Ugleb

Love a good Vault!  The pools and the hulk of dead car are great, but the rusted-out nature of this Vault door is probably my favorite piece of the set.

Thanks, I probably need to make some cliff things to go alongside it now....at some point. Maybe.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Last months oath failed spectacularly (but served as a good not to glue in shields before painting), so I'll make a smaller oath this time.

I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of December, oath Trazyn the Infinite! 28mm GW

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Last months oath failed spectacularly (but served as a good not to glue in shields before painting), so I'll make a smaller oath this time.

I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of December, oath Trazyn the Infinite! 28mm GW

So I went ahead and pulled Need 4 Speed!

And here are some WIP pictures for Holiday Snaps

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for December:

Dwarf Hunter and Monk from Stonehaven Miniatures
Viking and Soldier from Crusader Miniatures (iirc)
Dwarf Miner and Prospector from Heresy Miniatures
Giant from RBJ Games

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for December:

Dwarf Hunter and Monk from Stonehaven Miniatures
Viking and Soldier from Crusader Miniatures (iirc)
Dwarf Miner and Prospector from Heresy Miniatures
Giant from RBJ Games

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath 1 GW Age of Sigmar Stormcast Eternal Knight-Venator for December

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of December, 4x Vault Dwellers for Fallout Wasteland Warfare.

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of December: 5 Havocs (4 lascannons, 1 leader) by GW

Approved!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath addition!

I Ugleb hereby add to my oath for the month of December, 3x homemade 1ft road sections.

Ugleb posted:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

WIP shots for Holiday Snaps layering up with mostly craft paints:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, oath one vintage Chaos Dreadnought:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

Oath addition!

I Ugleb hereby add to my oath for the month of December, 3x homemade 1ft road sections.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath one vintage Chaos Dreadnought:

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

A set of adventurers searching the frozen city.

A pirate giant exploring the jungle.

My yearly tidy up and clean of the painting area :)

WIP Shots:

First step was blocking in the colours and applying a couple of washes

Then re-highlighting and adding details

Then getting some paint on the base before adding flock and tufts

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!!, oath Venom from Marvel Crisis Protocol for December

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Black Guard of Morr (GW kitbash) in December!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oath Complete!

And for extra credit, here's some WIP Holiday Snaps:

Zenithal silver prime

Basic colors, very barf! Discouraging but push through...

Tidied up, very happy with the leopard print shin.

I was ready to be done here, but it needed weathering and another detail pass.

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Oath Complete - Venom from Marvel Crisis Protocol. I made a custom base from a random scrap metal yard base and then made the symbiote tentacles from Reaper Bones thorn spell effect with the thorns cut off. Spider-man's torn costume is from a partially melted piece of styrene

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath Complete!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

I cannot claim the monthly because I completely forgot about it and didn't take any pictures in the process, which is a shame because I hosed up these wings like three times and redid them multiple ways before giving up here, so that might have been interesting! I fail this monthly challenge every year.

Happy New Year!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, oath Venom from Marvel Crisis Protocol for December

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Black Guard of Morr (GW kitbash) in December!

Approved! (December)

---------------------

Alrighty then, December, and 2021, is over. Time for:

quote:

January: Hiding from the new year - Your model should be disguised in some way. They could be pretending to be someone else, using an invisibility device, or simply dressed in camouflage.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 1, 2022

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: November Judgements! :siren: sorry it's a bit late, holidays and all

Third Place, 1 point: Zark the Damned

That tank top is so awesome and so very movie-accurate. Your Jack Burton nicely captures his smugness from the movie as well. The colors really pop, and the folds in the cloth are subtly highlighted for a dash of realism.

Second Place, 2 points: Moths

Loath as I am to "like" anything WWII-German-related, these vehicles are pretty sweet. The tanks are extremely well detailed; excellent edge highlighting and weathering. But the motion blur on the planes' props is what sets this display apart (that and the kill tally on the rightmost plane).

First Place, 3 points: ape!!!

Now this is an adventuring party worth its salt, and you've really captured the character in all these models. The elderly swordsman is a particular standout with the freehand on his shield, but all of them have fantastic detailing, really strong contrasts, and an eye-catching mix of dull and vibrant colors. (Plus the characters look fun. Wanna party with Tetanus Boar.)

Bonus Point: with a rebel yell she QQd

Another set of Old World dudes, and once again you've really captured the essence of these models. The griminess against the bright cloth really sells that these musketmen have Seen Some poo poo.

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Wow, thank you for that writeup Dr. G!

I, ape!!!, Oath the two forms of Hood from Marvel Crisis Protocol.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I, Galaspar, oath for January a scavvy with grenade launcher, Ashwood Stranger, an Ogryn and an industrial robot

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for January:

1 Venomcrawler by GW

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:November judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

Second place, 2 points: TotalHell

First place, 3 points: ape!!!

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Second Place, 2 points: Moths

Loath as I am to "like" anything WWII-German-related, these vehicles are pretty sweet.

Thanks for the points and kind words!

Romania actually changed sides in WW2 and fought for the Allies after King Michael I staged a Coup in 1940. But got rough handling under the Soviets. In a lot of ways, they managed to lose WW2 twice. It's an interesting and sad history.

Still,
I moths, oath for January seven 15mm T-72 tanks!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for January 2022

1 Major Tomoko and 4 special agents from Hasslefree, 28mm

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 1 GW Ork Deffkopta for January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009