Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/ABBedClosures/status/1479582511604793346?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Boy howdy, I have a lot of vertical line graph projections to show you from the last two years.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

pretend I posted that image of the guy with the dunce cap extrapolating a graph with like 3 dots on it

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

infernal machines posted:

Boy howdy, I have a lot of vertical line graph projections to show you from the last two years.

Those times, we tried "doing things." This time, we're going to try "not doing things."

I mean, we're literally seeing a rapid increase of hospitalized patients in ON and QC, who are each about a week behind AB in terms of Omicron's impact, so I'm not so sure it's entirely unreasonable.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Arivia posted:

I'm still wondering what disqualified someone else. You're not doing a very good job of being transparent or communicating with people, and if you're trying to do a better job of moderating D&D that's something you want to work on.

Big time seconding this. Thread responded with who they would recommend, and it just looks like it was ignored. I think eXXon will do fine, but like why ask the thread if you're just going to pick someone else anyway.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 13, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PT6A posted:

Those times, we tried "doing things." This time, we're going to try "not doing things."

I mean, we're literally seeing a rapid increase of hospitalized patients in ON and QC, who are each about a week behind AB in terms of Omicron's impact, so I'm not so sure it's entirely unreasonable.

I'm not saying it's unreasonable, I'm saying we've seen exactly the same extrapolations every single time someone wants to make a point about how incredibly hosed we are by the latest wave or variant for the last two years. Oh boy, we sure are hosed this time! Or, maybe not, and the models are again making assumptions that somehow we never quite meet. Remember the last four times we saw rapidly increasing numbers of hospitalized COVID patients? I bet that was different.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I used to believe Hinshaw was in a tough spot, its the Cabinet committee that makes the recommendations she's just the face of them.

But she should have pulled the nuclear option like 5 times by now so gently caress her.

TrueChaos posted:

Big time seconding this. Thread responded with who they would recommend, and it just looks like it was ignored. I think eXXon will do fine, but like why ask the thread if you're just going to pick someone else anyway.

Shocking a D&D mod would do this.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

I'm not saying it's unreasonable, I'm saying we've seen exactly the same extrapolations every single time someone wants to make a point about how incredibly hosed we are by the latest wave or variant for the last two years. Oh boy, we sure are hosed this time! Or, maybe not, and the models are again making assumptions that somehow we never quite meet. Remember the last four times we saw rapidly increasing numbers of hospitalized COVID patients? I bet that was different.

I mean clearly it's some random posting some bullshit so who knows but hospitalizations are clearly going to spike here as they have in ON and QC. Whether ICU admissions and deaths are going to seems like an open question, but I'm not thrilled that the whole plan just seems to be, maybe it won't be so bad??

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Well okay, better post another graph showing a nearly vertical increase in something, just to be safe.

Are you concerned yet?

If not you should really consider being concerned. Have you seen how high this line goes?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Well okay, better post another graph showing a nearly vertical increase in something, just to be safe.

Are you concerned yet?

if not you should really consider being concerned. Have you seen how high this line goes?

Alright everyone, make sure to collapse the medical system so we can teach infernal machines a lesson.

This time we go off the cliff!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Good luck, it's bound to be relevant ITT eventually.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

terrorist ambulance posted:

I mean clearly it's some random posting some bullshit so who knows but hospitalizations are clearly going to spike here as they have in ON and QC. Whether ICU admissions and deaths are going to seems like an open question, but I'm not thrilled that the whole plan just seems to be, maybe it won't be so bad??

https://twitter.com/heynursekat/status/1479481523313291264

Projected ER wait times, which were 4-7 hours six weeks ago, are now about a week.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I would simply not do anything requiring me to go to an ER or hospital. Bing bong easy

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

My cousin's family ended up being all positive but I'm the only one in the family who has any symptoms. From the wide spectrum of severity among the people I know I'm under the impression that the virus is attacking the portion of European ancestry in my mixed-race blood.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

It's the same account that was leaking shockingly accurate case counts over Christmas while Hinshaw was relaxing with her feet up, not completely random.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Arivia posted:

I'm still wondering what disqualified someone else. You're not doing a very good job of being transparent or communicating with people, and if you're trying to do a better job of moderating D&D that's something you want to work on.

Nobody's disqualified. If people strongly prefer someone else, I will make them IK instead. I just thought eXXon might work better since he's slightly more active and still lives in Canada.

TrueChaos posted:

Well, I asked the thread about both candidates and no one had serious objections to either.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 13, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Koos Group posted:

Nobody's disqualified. If people strongly prefer someone else, I will make them IK instead. I just thought eXXon might work better since he's slightly more active and still lives in Canada.

Well, I asked the thread about both candidates and no one had serious objections to either.

It was the other way around, someone else lives in Canada and I believe eXXon does not.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 13, 2022

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
... oh.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

yeah: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3969026&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=224#post520504024

e: for what it's worth i think exxon in general would be a fine ik but it is probably best to have someone actively living in canada, yeah

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
I suppose I'll just make them both IK.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koos Group posted:

That's fine. Thanks for doing this!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Who cares who is IK. Rarely need moderation here.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Who cares who is IK. Rarely need moderation here.

if the ukraine goes hot we're gonna need an IK in here for sure for all our Freeland/freed land takes

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

We need solutions made in Canada, where’s your patriotism.

Also:

Arivia posted:

That's fine. Thanks for doing this!

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Whatever happens please make dipshits with anime avatars post less here thanks

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

kaom posted:

We need solutions made in Canada, where’s your patriotism.

old-stock idiot kings

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Not arivia, they seem fine

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Not arivia, they seem fine

this is by definition not an anime avatar

i think it's actually one of those like dress up doll games for kids with a bunch of blingee stuck on it

fyad gave it to me when i said they were not actively being harmful awhile back, it's actually skylark's.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

So what I'm hearing is anime avatars for all? Also, china bad and craft beer derails limited to one page max.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Whatever happens please make dipshits with anime avatars post less here thanks

How do you feel about Green Lantern avatars? I don't mean in regards to posting and such, just in general.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Oops all Gokus

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

eXXon posted:

So what I'm hearing is anime avatars for all? Also, china bad and craft beer derails limited to one page max.

what about chinese craft beer

or stuff from that beer lady on dragon's den

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

Koos Group posted:

Or cut the baby in half? Jokeprobe them both and ik nobody?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

We need a Meech Lake Accord between Koos and eXXon followed quickly by a Charlottetown Accord

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 13, 2022

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I went to Canadian tire for the first time in over a year for some stuff to fix my furnace. Holy poo poo is that depressing. empty shelves, maybe 3-4 customers in the store, some creepy music playing at half speed, aisles with products spread out as thinly as they could be to make the shelves look full.

The first time in this whole situation it really felt apocalyptic.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

This sum sorta 'merican psyop? Freakin mod listens to feedback a couple of times within the past day!? No double down on kneejerk actions? Didn't even make me idly think "whoever gave this clown buttons is sure to regret that!".

Dang Koos Group, I'm unfamiliar with yah, but nice job so far in here.

Reasonable mod action makes me a bit nervous about when the other shoe will drop, or rug pulled out, etc.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Powershift posted:

I went to Canadian tire for the first time in over a year for some stuff to fix my furnace. Holy poo poo is that depressing. empty shelves, maybe 3-4 customers in the store, some creepy music playing at half speed, aisles with products spread out as thinly as they could be to make the shelves look full.

The first time in this whole situation it really felt apocalyptic.

Canadian Tires around here have tried to cram about 50% more stock into the same size stores and now every aisle is this narrow, too-tall chasm of oppression. It's a real claustrophobic kinda vibe.

Jadus
Sep 11, 2003

Albino Squirrel posted:

I'm keeping my kids home from school next week. It sucks. I'm glad I'm in a position where I can do that. Everything sucks. I want my kids to be in school because they like school, but it isn't goddamn safe right now.

I keep going back and forth over this, unable to make up my mind. I think if I keep my kids home for this week, they'll likely be home until this wave peters out (February?), because realistically I'll have no metrics to look at on the 17th to say "yup it's safer, head on in."

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Alctel posted:

Can you imagine these case numbers translated into hospitalisations if we didn't have vaccines? jesus christ

Pretty much quadruple that number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Arivia posted:

old-stock idiot kings

pure loon