Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Party Boat posted:

The most magical day of the year, when Rarity and VideoGames fly all around the world delivering GOTY write-ups to all the good posters in Games

there are no good posters in games

edit: no gamers either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
If there’s a final fantasy in the top ten I’m coming to Veeg’s house and after wading through all the tortured dogs I’m gonna set fire to the box the forums are in

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont know why ff14 makes so many weirdos so mad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

people liking a game i don't like makes me angry

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

hosed up that the list is posting at 1:30am my time so I won't be awake for it, but this does mean that I get to wake up to it tomorrow so that's nice.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Endorph posted:

nobody's mad. it's just people joking about the latest annual weirdo SA dogpile game.

last year it was hades and the year before it was disco.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Ff14 has been in the top 10 for the last 3 years tho*

*I have not fact checked this

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Endorph posted:

i tried it after reading nothing but praise and got so bored it made my nose bleed sorry

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

arr isnt great yea

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fridge corn posted:

Ff14 has been in the top 10 for the last 3 years tho*

*I have not fact checked this

Can confirm

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
ff14 is harry potter for video games. hey play another game :D :D

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Rarity posted:

Can confirm

I can also confirm that I haven't checked.
When are the results released?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Goons: “It’s not a MMO! It’s just like a regular final fantasy game, it doesn’t have ANY MMO BULLSHIT!”

This is the line goons keep parroting across all of games about FFXIV, and it is a boldfaced lie. There is stupid mmo bull poo poo clogging up your screen and obscuring your character and destroying your visual real estate literally from the moment the game “starts” by unceremoniously dumping your character in the middle of a big MMO hub city with a screen clogged with menus and chat logs. I’m not saying it’s a bad game, or even not a good game, but it is definitely 100% an mmo from the word go and anyone acting otherwise is sus!!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its easy to ignore the mmo aspects if you just want to focus on the plot but anyone who says it isnt literally an mmo is being a bit of a dink, yes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Goons: “It’s not a MMO! It’s just like a regular final fantasy game, it doesn’t have ANY MMO BULLSHIT!”

This is the line goons keep parroting across all of games, and it is a boldfaced lie. There is stupid mmo bull poo poo clogging up your screen and obscuring your character and destroying your visual real estate literally from the moment the game “starts” by unceremoniously dumping your character in the middle of a big MMO hub city with a screen clogged with menus and chat logs. I’m not saying it’s a bad game, or even not a good game, but it is definitely 100% an mmo from the word go and anyone acting otherwise is sus!!!!

idk, mostly people just seem to describe it as a pretty normal MMO except with a good story

At least that has been my takeaway

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Bust Rodd posted:

MMO, what's that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnaU2XQssHI

I don't see the resemblance.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bust Rodd posted:

This is the line goons keep parroting across all of games about FFXIV, and it is a boldfaced lie. There is stupid mmo bull poo poo clogging up your screen and obscuring your character and destroying your visual real estate literally from the moment the game “starts” by unceremoniously dumping your character in the middle of a big MMO hub city with a screen clogged with menus and chat logs. I’m not saying it’s a bad game, or even not a good game, but it is definitely 100% an mmo from the word go and anyone acting otherwise is sus!!!!

Good to have you back, Bust :)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bust Rodd posted:

I don't remember hearing anyone ever say that

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't remember hearing anyone ever say that

its rude to have Vikar Jerome on ignore like that, he posts the best secret gaming lore

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess playing it in the single dumbest way possible might remove most of the MMO bits

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What goons will actually say is “the mmo bullshit isn’t that bad”, different gamers will have different tolerances, “[bad thing x] just didn’t bother me” is valid

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my opinion is that mmo combat isnt that good but its way better than the combat system of basically every other ff game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Apart from FF13

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Apart from FFT

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Apart from FF1-6, you mean?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i've heard a fair few people say they just don't like mmo combat, or specifically the idea of having to manage cooldowns which is fair but until they make a good mmo with dark souls combat thats all we got

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm expecting my list to be in the bottom 75. I'm looking forward to it.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Most of my games won't be in the list I think

Barudak
May 7, 2007

All of your choices were good and well considered and if your choice wasn't there it will with time be reappraised better.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

its rude to have Vikar Jerome on ignore like that, he posts the best secret gaming lore

Harsh but fair. And actually, not even that harsh.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

The games you all like are good and the games that you don’t like but everyone else likes are bad and you’re right

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every game on someone’s list that I haven’t personally played should be disqualified

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I actually feel bad for putting Inscryption so high on my list just because it stuck in my head, I should've put Forgotten City and Psychonauts 2 in at higher positions, but they somehow slipped my mind. Ah well.

It's a good game I don't regret buying but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow it turns out that [Game You Like] finished at #34, oh well countdown over thanks friends

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did NOT expect Cool Spot to rate that highly this year

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Next year will be Vectorman's time to shine

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I'm afraid Final Fantasy: Stranger of Paradise will be taking GOTY next year as well.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Chairchucker posted:

Most of my games won't be in the list I think

Now that I think about it, mine too. Maybe Ace Attorney and Slay the Spire will make it .

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm here for the list, you can start now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fingers crossed for Forgotten City in the top 10! I have no idea how likely this is!