Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Judakel posted:

My friend, if you believe in the concept of words having any kind of meaning then no, the US is not less democratic than China. By definition of the word democracy. No matter what Chinese people believe to be true or not.

If I was in your position I would step back for a day or two from whatever information bubble you are stuck in and reexamine what the gently caress it is doing to your brain and connection to objective reality and if it's really healthy fore you and where all of this is going mid to long term

lmao i just checked and i was right about where i suspected this was coming from

the china thread in D&D is absolutely chock full of orientalist colonialism apologists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

judakel, define democracy

Why are you asking judakel to defend a D&D post...? :thunk:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
also you guys lay off of judakel this one time, there's a supreme amount of idiocy to deal with and satirizing their posts is actually quite funny

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Judakel posted:

Lol

Dunno, might have something to do with most Chinese people getting their only information about the US from censored internet sources and state propaganda channels, which are barely one step above tankie Twitter rambling about how the US is the most corrupt, undemocratic and evil nation on earth, in terms of nuance

e: ,but I'm not an expert

So the Chinese are able to form a true analysis of America from the undisputably correct information they are given.

Cool.

CaptainACAB has issued a correction as of 20:34 on Jan 8, 2022

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's getting harder to tell the difference between cspam and D&D posts these days.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
There's more evil, less democratic countries in the world than the us. Like 3 or 4 at least. Can't we all get along?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's about the quality of the evil, not the quantity.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's getting harder to tell the difference between cspam and D&D posts these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wi0cPrU4U

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

ikanreed posted:

There's more evil, less democratic countries in the world than the us. Like 3 or 4 at least. Can't we all get along?

Also all of those are such brazen American puppets that if we stopped giving them billions in military aid they would collapse by the end of the year.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Judakel posted:

My friend, if you believe in the concept of words having any kind of meaning then no, the US is not less democratic than China. By definition of the word democracy. No matter what Chinese people believe to be true or not.

If I was in your position I would step back for a day or two from whatever information bubble you are stuck in and reexamine what the gently caress it is doing to your brain and connection to objective reality and if it's really healthy fore you and where all of this is going mid to long term

congratulations on your succcess with undefining the meaning of democracy btw

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao it keeps happening

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I dislike the growing trend of blind quoting idiots, with exceptions for masterpieces like lawful hitler

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"there is literally no difference between the USA corp and CCP" i think as my brain transmutes into a hazelnut in imitation of lenin

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
it’s exhausting to have to filter every post through an irony calculator

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
its seldom joyful, but every now and then some cspammers dive on punji sticks

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
nazi germany was a fairly democratic regime, as evidenced by the recurring national referendums on "should we kill everyone who doesnt look like this propaganda posterYES!!!" and also the nazis were democratically elected and the german people supported in their hearts everything that went on and therefore,

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Centrist Committee posted:

it’s exhausting to have to filter every post through an irony calculator

This but unironically

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Hedenius posted:

The official propaganda is still going strong but things are happening behind the scenes. Just look at the very embarrassing and public 180 by the Lithuanian government.

Despite the comment from the president. There has been no change in the Lithuanian government's position as far as I am aware.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Judakel posted:

its seldom joyful, but every now and then some cspammers dive on punji sticks

biting on an unsourced quote is my own personal vietnam

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/muslimtom_/status/1479494562980761610

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

HiroProtagonist posted:

lmao i just checked and i was right about where i suspected this was coming from

the china thread in D&D is absolutely chock full of orientalist colonialism apologists

oh that was a quote? lol

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Agrajag posted:

oh that was a quote? lol

yeah a syq lol

but i was slightly wrong since they came from the eastern europe thread instead, didn't expect that bad posts from chinawatchers would come from there

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
maybe the joke is that its hard to figure out when judakel is quoting or not

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HiroProtagonist posted:

wild to see earnest liberals arguing that the british loving empire was less colonialist and more democratic than communist China. afaict china doesn’t have a king or queen, but maybe I’m wrong.

Agrajag posted:

oh that was a quote? lol

smdh :ughh:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

lollontee posted:

maybe the joke is that its hard to figure out when judakel is quoting or not

i never express anti-xi thought, nice try at saving face

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Judakel posted:

face is a chinese word, this is cultural appropriation

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
it owns so hard you can call any chinese embassy and get a free book and flag

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Centrist Committee posted:

I dislike the growing trend of blind quoting idiots, with exceptions for masterpieces like lawful hitler

Goons tend to overdo and ruin a funny(ish) thing.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*a mouth breathy laugh*

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Man Musk posted:

TBH the way the term color revolution gets thrown around, there seems to be an implication that some revolutions are OK and others are not.

yah cause right wing revolutions typically end with everyone that has my political beliefs getting marched into a soccer field and shot

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lady Militant posted:

yah cause right wing revolutions typically end with everyone that has my political beliefs getting marched into a soccer field and shot

the goon you are responded to unironically posted the economist @_@

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

endocriminologist posted:

Which book did you get?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

endocriminologist posted:

Can I just @ them instead? I'm not a loving boomer.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Since that economist thing came up and I was thinking about it earlier today.

quote:

One of its triggers was Russia’s economic collapse. As Yegor Gaidar, Yeltsin’s top economic reformer, was later to write, it was an autumn of “grim food lines…pristinely empty stores…women rushing around in search of some food, any food…an average salary of seven dollars a month”. To successfully enact the sweeping reforms Mr Gaidar was designing, Yeltsin needed a Russia which controlled its own currency. That meant leaving the USSR.

Just lmao this is presented without any context or reflection on what the consequences of this were.

Excellent, perfect reforms. No I never heard of shock therapy, what's that?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
They didn’t mention they were betting on the US bailing them out as a response and the immediate result (after it failed) was hyperinflation since Russia was as broke as the the USSR.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 00:51 on Jan 9, 2022

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
lol the d&d chinawatchers are so fkn racist, just baseless assumption after baseless assumption about the inscrutable yellowman

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mirello posted:

covid tests arent free in china. I paid 80 kuai (12$ roughly) for mine the few times I've had to take them. however, you do get a discount if you have a hukou of the province/city you live in. the test is very fast and results are delivered to your phones covid health app within the same day. from what I've heard, america doesnt even have any kind of centralized database of tests/vaccine status. insane. Medical care/insurance is much better here than america but it's still a pretty mind bogglingly complex process calculating the costs for various things. it is cool though that, even without insurance, as that other poster said, if you go to a public hospital, it's all very efficient and cheap.

well, the mass testing i was describing is free at least. ive has to do it four times so far and never paid anything

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Judakel posted:

judakel has credit as an upholder of superior posting thought, it's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Top City Homo posted:

i think its a public private partnership with Fosun International

nothing wrong with private public partnerships if your government isnt run by bloodless jackals

also back on this

I disagree because while immediate costs are indeed cheaper, the aggregate economic benefit of the project is much smaller against being entirely state-owned. Like, of course it helps when you want to build some heavy mileage of roads asap, for example. However, it doesn't take a lot of years for the economic aggregate of those roads end up being far less positive in terms of gain because of the private interest taking a large share of that benefit in a long-enough period of time

of course, China can also be doing the smart thing and using the private capital as funding, with the returns being negotiated directly through the government (as a payment to credit for example) rather than letting the private interest taking profit from operational use