Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I haven't really dug into leveling DRK from 80-90 yet, but glancing over the new stuff, Enhanced Unmend might feel like the one time I've looked at a new trait/ability and gone "...why?"

I don't like Carve and Spit sharing a cooldown with Abyssal Drain - it feels like a choice other tanks don't really have to make - at least seeing the cure effect of the latter as something you might want to use in a pinch. And with the level 82 upgrades all the other tanks get, TBN seems worse then what other tanks have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Yeah those were the complaints based on the press tour. But hey, turns out they do big numbers so none of that stuff actually matters.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

hazardousmouse posted:

Knowledge brings pain

So does levelling crafting again, my poor inventory

As someone who just finished this, it's made up for in the immense satisfaction of finally getting my inventory down to 10 used slots. Man that felt nice! So clean!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sunday Morning posted:

As someone who just finished this, it's made up for in the immense satisfaction of finally getting my inventory down to 10 used slots. Man that felt nice! So clean!

Even when I'm not doing crafting I usually have 3/4 of my inventory full, a full saddle bag, four full retainers, and no space in my dresser.

I guess I just like clutter.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I've gotten ruthless in what I'm willing to sell off. Helps I really enjoy gathering so I have no need to hang on to a lot of the materials I used to hoard.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The DPS in my morning Smileton run were pretty atrocious, but they did reveal that the second boss has what may as well be an Easter egg of a tankbuster.

Koji-fox...!!!

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Between Scattershot having the WoL rack this gigantic shotgun one-handed like the T-800 or this crisp and loud sound effect, this is a good button for MCH.

All they need to do is make Flamethrower not absolutely terrible to use and we're golden (I actually don't remember how many of Edgar's machinist moves we have left)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

MechaX posted:

Between Scattershot having the WoL rack this gigantic shotgun one-handed like the T-800 or this crisp and loud sound effect, this is a good button for MCH.

All they need to do is make Flamethrower not absolutely terrible to use and we're golden (I actually don't remember how many of Edgar's machinist moves we have left)

Edgar has 8, Auto Crossbow, Noise Blaster, Bio Blaster, Drill, Flash, Chainsaw, Debiltator, Air Anchor.

So we're only missing Flash and Debilitator.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Does flamethrower even have any use now? Scattergun gives off so much heat that it seems like it might be a dps loss. Bioblaster even doesn't seem worth the gcd when it's making up like 3% of my overall dungeon dps and autocrossbow/scattergun are a combined 40%ish.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bioblaster priority is above Auto-Crossbow priority is above Flamethrower priority is above Scattergun priority. I definitely agree that there's less opportunities to use Flamethrower now, though.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

made myself a mod to replace Souleater with Power Slash, now trying to think of what other things I should replace

maybe Fire 4 with High Fire 2?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Replace everything with the Emet snap.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Arist posted:

Bioblaster priority is above Auto-Crossbow priority is above Flamethrower priority is above Scattergun priority. I definitely agree that there's less opportunities to use Flamethrower now, though.

MCH still needs some kind of AoE battery consumer. Turret/Automaton aren't good to use on large groups.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

need a flamethrower turret that just spins around

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hunter Noventa posted:

MCH still needs some kind of AoE battery consumer. Turret/Automaton aren't good to use on large groups.

Crowned Collider probably should be AoE or something, honestly

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Please do not give MCH a separate AOE battery spender. Enough jobs already have ST/AOE versions of all their stuff.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hunter Noventa posted:

If only there was an AoE focused turret. Maybe something related to a rook, but not quite...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
P1S question:

Can you bait the red shackles to ranged by being far out? one video i saw suggested you could but no others mentioned it so I assume they were just wrong but I'd like to know for sure

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I still have Bishop Autoturret on my bars.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Countblanc posted:

P1S question:

Can you bait the red shackles to ranged by being far out? one video i saw suggested you could but no others mentioned it so I assume they were just wrong but I'd like to know for sure

Who gets the initial red/purple chain debuff is completely random.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ibblebibble posted:

I tried it once and got purple on that pull. :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ibblebibble posted:

thought so, thanks.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

I still have Bishop Autoturret on my bars.

i chose gauss barrel as my dead skill reminder of where i came from. i should have kept reload instead. :smith:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I've found a mechanic that somehow I keep getting worse at it every time I do it.

Level 90 dungeon spoiler

'Prance' ability of the final boss of the Dead Ends dungeon. I'm not quite sure why, but it seems like each time I get that instance in exdr I do worse at it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I've found a mechanic that somehow I keep getting worse at it every time I do it.

Level 90 dungeon spoiler

'Prance' ability of the final boss of the Dead Ends dungeon. I'm not quite sure why, but it seems like each time I get that instance in exdr I do worse at it.

The boss will always do either a perfect diamond pattern, or a zigzagging Z-shaped pattern. For the former, simply run to the last spot he's going to land at and then run to where he started the pattern once that circle pops. For the latter, run to the last spot he's going to land at and then run into the second spot he landed at once its circle clears.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 8, 2022

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The jumps themselves don't do any damage so you can just run straight for where the last jump will land, wait a second and run back to where the first one was after its aoe explodes

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Level 90 dungeon spoiler

for me this is (87 spoiler) when Hermes does his quadruple winds

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

I sometimes got tripped up by this, but I figured out a consistent way to deal with it. Go to the safe corner adjacent to the second set of wind seals he spawns. Once the second set fires, book it to the diagonally opposite corner of the arena.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

I wouldn't be half as bad at this if the drat things just went straight across the arena instead of that cursed angle.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
A world of darkness run where only 1 died to angry manny. Astounding.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vermain posted:

I sometimes got tripped up by this, but I figured out a consistent way to deal with it. Go to the safe corner adjacent to the second set of wind seals he spawns. Once the second set fires, book it to the diagonally opposite corner of the arena.

You don't even need to go all the way to the corner. You can just hang out near the center and then take a couple steps across to the other side when the second one goes off. Going to the corner just makes it harder for you for no reason.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

You don't even need to go all the way to the corner. You can just hang out near the center and then take a couple steps across to the other side when the second one goes off. Going to the corner just makes it harder for you for no reason.

That's what I meant by the corner, yeah. I guess "corner square" is a better way of putting it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

acumen posted:

Does flamethrower even have any use now? Scattergun gives off so much heat that it seems like it might be a dps loss. Bioblaster even doesn't seem worth the gcd when it's making up like 3% of my overall dungeon dps and autocrossbow/scattergun are a combined 40%ish.
You get much less opportunities to use it now because of the increased heat gain from Scattergun but you still want to use it when you're low on heat and not going to clip Bioblaster. I haven't sat down and truly mathed it out (I'll let soomeone else do that lol) but remember that Flamethrower does 880 potency over 10 seconds because it actually ticks 11 times.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Vermain posted:

The boss will always do either a perfect diamond pattern, or a zigzagging Z-shaped pattern. For the former, simply run to the last spot he's going to land at and then run to where he started the pattern once that circle pops. For the latter, run to the last spot he's going to land at and then run into the second spot he landed at once its circle clears.

FuturePastNow posted:

The jumps themselves don't do any damage so you can just run straight for where the last jump will land, wait a second and run back to where the first one was after its aoe explodes

It's just a weird mental hangup I've had lately. I understand and yet still manage to screw it up somehow despite doing it fine the first several times I did it. Thanks for the tips though. I'm probably overthinking it and moving too early or something.

Badger of Basra posted:

Oh yeah this is a tricky one too.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I made the mistake of checking if the Gaja Head was dyeable.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

For prance I try to find the third jump, wait there at the border of the first jump for it to explode, and then head into the first jump's new safe zone while trying to skirt the border of the second jump.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Flamethrower's most important use is "my fingers/thumb hurts and i need a drink and the AOE pack isn't going anywhere for a minute" and that is why MCH is my main class.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Gaja head + chicken suit. You're welcome.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Congratulations to Something Awful's Game of the Year for 2021!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rarity posted:

1. FINAL FANTASY XIV: ENDWALKER
(Square Enix)
516 points, listed 54 times, #1 41 times

In the end there could only ever be one winner. Endwalker was a behemoth, a juggernaut that could not be stopped. Just to give you an idea of exactly how highly this game is rated across the lists where it was named it only dropped a possible 24 points out of 540. Its average score of 9.56 is not only the highest average of this year but the highest average ever in this competition and it did it with one of the highest number of listed entries as well. Just phenomenal. It took four years but what a way to make it count when it needed to.

And that’s it, friends. We have reached the end of the line. Thank you to everyone who posted for making this another wonderful thread, thank you to everyone who contributed lists, thank you to my co-host VideoGames for all his support in this endeavour but most of all thank you to the games that entertained us, enlightened us and moved us in a very difficult year. Your move, 2022.