Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

JethroMcB posted:

The US GI's phrase book failed him so he's resorted to clumsy chicken charades to find eggs

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Ran into this at the op shop. Is it a proto-Ballard Street?

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! January 28, 1919 ''

Outbursts of Everett True January 31, 1919

Gay and Her Gang February 10, 1930

Oaky Doaks July 11, 1936

Mopsy September 18, 1937

Up Front October 23, 1944

Dark Laughter June 24, 1950

So It Seems March 25, 1952

Those Were the Days December 5, 1957

Wee Pals April 2, 1966

Dogbert October 26, 1966

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

god dammit

The suspense is great :kimchi:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I had to bring this to you all as soon as I saw it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hootin' n' hollerin'

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

That can't be real

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Happy loving new year.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's everything I ever wanted

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Don't even follow Mary Worth regularly but YAAAY! :yaycat:

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Apr 9, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jul 14-15, 1990)

No Blind Alley today

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Murdstone posted:

I had to bring this to you all as soon as I saw it.

I tried looking on Comics Kingdom but I didn't see it and now I am terrified it isn't real.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OMGGGGGGG YESSSSSS

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wilbur will survive, because only the good die young

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

Wilbur will survive, because only the good die young

Not emptyquotes. Finally a non-vintage or rerun strip sparks my interest again.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

So heartwarming, all those readers who learned to resent Goldy getting to do it all over again in four-color glory. :allears:

Mutts

Sally Forth Retro-Fest-o-Rama

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (April 26, 1934)

Peanuts (January 10-11, 1975)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (August 9-10, 1938)

Out Our Way, featuring unadulterated monochrome Goldy comics. (January 10-12, 1938)

Toonerville Folks (July 25-27, 1918)

Dok's Dippy Bringer Of Bad Tidings (December 5, 1913)

I See By The Papers (That Lefty's Coming Back Next Time) (November 25-27, 1935)

(Another lopsided day, so Blondie will have to wait a bit longer.)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

loving lol, I hadn’t checked in on the thread lately. Mary Worth :eyepop:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

you better not be toying with my heart

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If they rescue him just so he can be a moping sadsack ripe for the meddling with for another decade...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ahahahahahaha I'm out of my chair jumping around over Mary G-D Worth

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's still only 11 PM here on the US east coast, so I can't imagine that Sunday's strip would be uploaded anywhere. I feel like it's probably an edit, but I can't be 100% sure.

I want to believe though.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

If it is fake it is an astounding amount of effort to imitate the art style and I can't believe Mary Worth has that many unrelated out of context boat strips around for pure editing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I believe the Mary Worth strip is real and also that this plot is still going to wind up taking another miserable, infuriating turn

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Unfortunately the previous strip is Estelle going "guess I should page him" so him being missing will be noticed.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

He's going to be found, rescued and then they will make up & get back together again while he's in a hospital bed and you will all have been bamboozled once more

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

~Coxy posted:

Ran into this at the op shop. Is it a proto-Ballard Street?

Cool! That's the immediate previous strip Van Amerongen did! 1980-1990. Ballard Street started up 1991 and it was multi-panel format, apparently, then it went back to single panel 2 years later.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Midnight on the east coast, and MARY WORTH IS REAL.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Confirmed.

https://comicskingdom.com/mary-worth

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Oh my God, they killed Wilbur!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm glad the strip is real.

Also when I was in the Navy and we were coming back from a Med cruise, we actually had a dude go off the side. They were being idiots and playing football on the flight deck and he went a little too far for a pass. The ship stopped as best it could and they sent out the small boats to search, but they never did find his body. This was during the middle of the day too.

What I'm saying is that it's nighttime and nobody even saw Wilbur, so in real life that would be the end of him. Especially since he's standing at the front of the boat, he would probably get sucked into the screws. That's probably what happened to the guy who fell off on my ship, too.

rannum posted:

He's going to be found, rescued and then they will make up & get back together again while he's in a hospital bed and you will all have been bamboozled once more

What do you think the odds are on Estelle apologizing to him, even though she is completely blameless?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I remember there was an interactive "tread water as long as you can" public service announcement flash game where you had to furiously scroll your mouse wheel for as long as you could until you inevitably drown within minutes because being in the middle of the relentless ocean slapping you with waves which are shockingly cold destroys you faster than you'd believe, the point of the PSA being to wear a god drat life vest. It was difficult to last longer than a minute even if the task seemed so simple.

Wilbur surviving would be pretty hackneyed is what I'm trying to say. And I know we're being set up to be bamboozled if we hope too hard but lol don't have Stella have survivors guilt or some goofy conclusion like "If only I married him it all would have worked out", boo to emotional blackmail!

Enlightened Galaxy Brain Take: the last panel of this arc is a zoom in on Libby looking smug as yes she engineered this entire sequence of events.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hostile V posted:

Happy loving new year.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Doomykins posted:

I remember there was an interactive "tread water as long as you can" public service announcement flash game where you had to furiously scroll your mouse wheel for as long as you could until you inevitably drown within minutes because being in the middle of the relentless ocean slapping you with waves which are shockingly cold destroys you faster than you'd believe, the point of the PSA being to wear a god drat life vest. It was difficult to last longer than a minute even if the task seemed so simple.

Wilbur surviving would be pretty hackneyed is what I'm trying to say. And I know we're being set up to be bamboozled if we hope too hard but lol don't have Stella have survivors guilt or some goofy conclusion like "If only I married him it all would have worked out", boo to emotional blackmail!

Enlightened Galaxy Brain Take: the last panel of this arc is a zoom in on Libby looking smug as yes she engineered this entire sequence of events.

Drunk and out of shape suicidal moron survives the fall into thee water and at least a hour floating like a lumpy sack till they can rescue him... realistically this is a body recovery and even then it's very likely that they won't be able to recover anything.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao the comments

"FULL ASTERN!" " FULL AHEAD!" "FULL ASTERN!"

"MAN-CHILD OVERBOARD!"

Hooray!!!!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Don't worry, here's the next day's strip:

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Oh my sweet lord. This might be the greatest day in the history of these threads.