Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Ruby Soho/Riho vs. Britt Baker/Jamie Hayter, AEW Rampage, 07/01
HM: Eddie Kingston/Santana/Ortiz vs. 2.0/Daniel Garcia, AEW Rampage, 07/01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HM: Minoru Suzuki, Taichi and Taka Michinoku vs Takashi Sugiura, Kazushi Sakuraba and X, Wrestle Kingdom 16 Noah vs New Japan, January 8.

Solid, vicious, funny match. The identity of X was a really well done surprise, and everyone did their parts beautifully.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HM: PNPNE vs 2.0 and son, AEW Rampage January 7

Borderline MOTYC for me, I loved every second of this chaotic mess

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: 2.0 & Daniel Garcia vs. Proud 'n' Powerful & Eddie Kingston in a Street Fight - AEW Rampage 1/7

This was a chaotic mess and I loved every single second of it. 2.0 have just blown me away since they showed up in AEW.

HM for me too. Not as entertaining as the TayJay vs Bunnylope match, but a fun brawl nonetheless. Nice to see some character development with Eddie, who didn’t lose his poo poo at Jericho getting involved post-match like he did on previous occasions.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Los Ingobernables de Japon vs. KONGO - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 3: New Japan vs. NOAH 1/8

The energy and excitement this 10-Man Tag match generated overwhelmed the kinda lovely nature of the abema.tv English PPV stream, the crowd was alive for it and both teams were throwing everything they had into it, and it was so much fun to watch and felt like a genuine big deal.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Los Ingobernables de Japon vs. KONGO - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 3: New Japan vs. NOAH 1/8

The energy and excitement this 10-Man Tag match generated overwhelmed the kinda lovely nature of the abema.tv English PPV stream, the crowd was alive for it and both teams were throwing everything they had into it, and it was so much fun to watch and felt like a genuine big deal.

Nth. Really excellent ten man tag.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Gonna go MOTYC. That ruled so much

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

seconded. felt fresh and hot even with crowd restrictions

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Lot of fun. Honestly wish it could've gone longer because everyone was working for this one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I am super jealous that you got to be there live.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

jesus WEP posted:

HM: PNPNE vs 2.0 and son, AEW Rampage January 7

Borderline MOTYC for me, I loved every second of this chaotic mess

Definitely. Insanely good street fight.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

third-ed. In a week packed with incredible wrestling this managed to still feel fresh and exciting.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lamuella posted:

Nth. Really excellent ten man tag.

Actually upon further consideration I'd like to bump this up to MOTYC. Other than possibly the ending there is nothing I can think of that I could improve upon in this match.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPWxNOAH Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 3 January 8th
MOTYC
LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, SANADA, BUSHI and Hiromu Takahashi) vs Kongoh (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh, Manabu Soya, Tadasuke and Aleja)
- Great match, wrong winner. Happy Katsu and Kenoh have even more people to kick as hard as possible

HM
Kosei Fujita vs Yasutaka Yano
- An extrememly good showcase for the two youngest rookies on their respective rosters

Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori and Gedo) vs Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka and HAYATA)
- Gedo stayed inoffensive and Yoshioka got to do his cool moves to a new audience

Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs Yoshinari Ogawa and Naomichi Marufuji
- Four NOAH guys have a great match, it was nice for Ogawa to see how much his sons have progressed since they left the nest

Solid show with some baffling booking decisions, but if it leads to more singles matches down the track then i'm keen

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
January 1, 2022
NOAH "THE NEW YEAR" 2022
MOTYC

Takashi Sugiura, Kazushi Sakuraba, & KENTA vs Masa Kitamiya, Daiki Inaba, & Yoshiki Inamura
This is a joy, a wonderful homecoming for KENTA, who massively puts the opposing team over.

Kenoh (c) vs Kaito Kiyomiya for the GHC National Championship
Despite his string of losses this match reminds us how Kiyomiya is one of the best wrestlers in the world at 25. Fantastic babyface performance with a desperate finishing stretch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just to make things a little easier for me, if you're not at least posting immediately after the initial nomination or quoting somebody else's second can you please include what the actual match is? It's not a big deal having to track back through prior posts to figure out what is being talked about, but it makes it a hell of a lost easier if the info is there in your post in the first place - same deal if you decide to upgrade your own nomination, throw an edit into your original post too so I don't end up getting confused (I get confused a lot!). :)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Violento Jack (c) vs. Jun Kasai for the King of FREEDOM Championship - FREEDOMS Blood Xmas (2021/12/25, aired 1/6)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1fL2iEf-I

Violento Jack had a fantastic 2021 and this was the cap on that. You can always rely on Kasai to deliver in big deathmatches.

MOTYC: E.R.E. (Toshiyuki Sakuda & Takayuki Ueki) (c) vs. Toru Sugiura & Tomoya Hirata for the King of FREEDOM Tag Team Championship - FREEDOMS Blood Xmas (2021/12/25, aired 1/6)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR4-9hWd_Ns

Ueki is my favourite madman. Absolute loving idiot,

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Penguin Patrol has made a new thread for Best & Worst Promos, Simulations, Jankens, and anything not a match of 2022, which is a very cool idea and a great place to nominate stuff that doesn't fit into this thread!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Violento Jack (c) vs. Jun Kasai for the King of FREEDOM Championship - FREEDOMS Blood Xmas (2021/12/25, aired 1/6)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1fL2iEf-I

Violento Jack had a fantastic 2021 and this was the cap on that. You can always rely on Kasai to deliver in big deathmatches.

MOTYC: E.R.E. (Toshiyuki Sakuda & Takayuki Ueki) (c) vs. Toru Sugiura & Tomoya Hirata for the King of FREEDOM Tag Team Championship - FREEDOMS Blood Xmas (2021/12/25, aired 1/6)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR4-9hWd_Ns

Ueki is my favourite madman. Absolute loving idiot,

loving hell... goes without saying but these matches are absolutely not for the squeamish. nth to both.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Oh yeah I usually add a warning for people who are general okay with deathmatch stuff but don't like mouth stuff that Sakuda has a spot where he stabs skewers right through bjs opponent's cheeks so don't watch the tag title match if that sounds unappealing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC: Dustin Rhodes vs. Sammy Guevara, AEW Battle for the Belts, 1/8

This match slapped

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

This match slapped

Seconded. Incredible match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

This match slapped

Second.

Dustin became a much better worker when he switched from the Yoshi Tonic to the Canadian Destroyer and reached legendary status by using the Canadian Destroyer off the Apron Through a Table.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

This match slapped

Nth hell yeah

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

This match slapped

yeah agreed

what a great week for matches

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

sportsgenius86 posted:

This match slapped

Yeah, that was excellent.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WMOTYC
3rd January
DDT 25th Anniversary Opening Special
Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno, Yuki Iino & Yumehito Imanari) vs Toi Kojima, Yuji Hino & Yuya Koroku

Well, I watched this because of pure & simple laziness, didn't want to go to the computer to skip this.

So I can happily report: New Year, Same Old poo poo From Pheromones. If they aren't the worst act in wrestling then someone out there really loving sucks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Dr. Britt Baker DMD (C) vs. Riho for the AEW Women's Title - AEW Battle of the Belts 1/8

It was kind of iffy in the middle but the final stretch was exceptionally good, both Riho and Britt looked great in this match.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Dr. Britt Baker DMD (C) vs. Riho for the AEW Women's Title - AEW Battle of the Belts 1/8

It was kind of iffy in the middle but the final stretch was exceptionally good, both Riho and Britt looked great in this match.

Seconded

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

WMOTYC
3rd January
Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno, Yuki Iino & Yumehito Imanari) vs Toi Kojima, Yuji Hino & Yuya Koroku

Well, I watched this because of pure & simple laziness, didn't want to go to the computer to skip this.

So I can happily report: New Year, Same Old poo poo From Pheromones. If they aren't the worst act in wrestling then someone out there really loving sucks.

Only reason I'm not seconding this is because by this point I just gently caress off to do something else while their matches are on and come back when it looks like they're almost over. They're such a waste of time AND Iino.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Dustin Rhodes for the Interim TNT Championship - AEW Battle of the Belts 1/8 - Bit too disjointed in the beginning to give it a full MOTYC nomination
HM: Ricky Starks (c) vs. Matt Sydal for the FTW Championship - AEW Battle of the Belts 1/8 - Nice to have a reminder every once in a while that Matt Sydal is very good
HM: Dr. Britt Baker DMD (C) vs. Riho for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Battle of the Belts 1/8 - Echoing what Jersualem said earlier in the thread

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

sportsgenius86 posted:

This match slapped

Jerusalem posted:

nth

sammy/dustin loving rocked

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Starks vs. Sydal, Battle of the Belts

Other two were pretty good but not quite good enough.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

WMOTYC
3rd January

2nding this. I put it on in the background while I working last night and I hate this act.

Jerusalem posted:

Only reason I'm not seconding this is because by this point I just gently caress off to do something else while their matches are on and come back when it looks like they're almost over. They're such a waste of time AND Iino.

Iino was one of my favourite wrestlers when he was in All Out...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact Wrestling: Hard to Kill 1/8

HM
Jake Something vs Madman Fulton
Inaugural Knockouts Ultimate X

MOTY
Ace Austin vs Chris Bey vs Speedball Mike Bailey vs Laredo Kid
Jonathan Gresham (C) vs Chris Sabin for the ROH title
Good Bros and Violent by Design vs Eddie Edwards, Heath, Rhino, Willie Mack and Rich Swann in a hardcore war match

The Knockouts Ultimate X match probably would have been a MOTYC for me on any other show. Impact's been knocking big events out of the park lately but this may be their best in a while

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

Pheronomes or House of Torture you have to choose.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Here's my stuff that isn't already on the list from this week:

HM: HAYATA vs. Yoshinari Ogawa - 1/1 NOAH The New Year 2022

MOTYC: Eddie Kingston, Santana, Ortiz vs. Daniel Garcia & 2.0 - 1/7 AEW Rampage

HM: JTG vs. Parrow - 1/7 VxS/NPU Already Dead
MOTYC: AJ Gray vs. Matt Tremont - 1/7 VxS/NPU Already Dead

AJ Gray vs. Matt Tremont House of Horrors Deathmatch is an absolute must-see match, out of everything I've watched so far in 2022 it's the best match to me.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Reboot January 5th
MOTYC
Masakatsu Funaki vs Masao Inoue
- Has to be seen to be believed, what a war

HM
Team Toryumon (Ultimo Dragon and Dragon Kid) vs Momo no Seishun (Atsushi Kotoge and Hajime Ohara)
- That spry young 45 year old Dragon Kid thankfully did most of the work for his team, would like to see him interacting more with the junior division in the future.

Kongoh (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Nioh and Aleja) vs Kongoh (Manabu Soya, Haoh and Tadasuke
- Kongoh mirrors are rare so this was a real treat. Love this stable.

Kenoh (c) vs Daisuke Harada - GHC National Championship
- Both these guys are great and there was some great action, but even if I hadn't seen Kenoh with the belt at WK I would not for a second think there was a chance of Harada winning here

Daiki Inaba, Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya, Masa Kitamiya and Yoshiki Inamura vs M's Alliance (Keiji Muto, Masato Tanaka and Naomichi Marufuji) and Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazuyuki Fujita)
- Worth it alone for the Go/Fujita staredown, but everyone was real fun here. Even Mutoh.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
MOTYC: Trey Miguel (c) vs. Steve Maclin for the Impact X Division Championship
MOTYC: Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Chris Sabin for the ROH World Championship
HM: Josh Alexander vs. JONAH
MOTYC: Mickie James (c) vs. Deonna Purrazzo for the Impact Knockouts Championship

All from Impact Wrestling Hard to Kill, 1/8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

Impact Wrestling: Hard to Kill 1/8

HM
Jake Something vs Madman Fulton
Inaugural Knockouts Ultimate X

MOTY
Ace Austin vs Chris Bey vs Speedball Mike Bailey vs Laredo Kid
Jonathan Gresham (C) vs Chris Sabin for the ROH title

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYC: Trey Miguel (c) vs. Steve Maclin for the Impact X Division Championship
MOTYC: Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Chris Sabin for the ROH World Championship
HM: Josh Alexander vs. JONAH
MOTYC: Mickie James (c) vs. Deonna Purrazzo for the Impact Knockouts Championship

All from Impact Wrestling Hard to Kill, 1/8

Nth both.