Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Jel Shaker posted:

you can always rely on ample fishing

Bad news on that front friendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

just learn how to digest plastic

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

petit choux posted:

You can clearly see I didn't say bats are bugs. Liberal librarian.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Read my loving post, I said Bats or bugs, same loving difference. Not bats are bugs, same difference. Sheep, every one of you, BAAA BAAA

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

My end of the world plan, assuming I don't get merced by a natural disaster or stochastic violence, was to distill liquor and grow shrooms. But it seems someone else already is planning on doing that so I guess I gotta find a new dystopian hustle.

Perhaps I can farm potatoes or follow in the footsteps of my ancestors and ferment some fish. I've been learning to can and pickle things. I don't know how practical that would actually be, but it does give me some sense of control and mastery now, so that's nice.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

i plan to die personally

Serf
May 5, 2011

Raine posted:

i plan to die personally

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Raine posted:

i plan to die personally

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

And I said well how long are you planning on being dead, because your life insurance isn't going to go far as it is! Think of your loved ones!

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i'd like to die of old age personally so please try to stave off the apocalypse for another 20-ish years
thanks

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Raine posted:

i plan to die personally

I plan to die but just in case I dont die, im trying to be somewhat prepared?

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

silicone thrills posted:

I plan to die but just in case I dont die, im trying to be somewhat prepared?

thinking of not dying is too doomer for me

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

We should all just set aside our differences and have group sex.

ED: this would have been a sweet page snipe

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

petit choux posted:

only if your cult has a cool name

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Raine posted:

Church of the Latter Day Hominids

Hello ladies!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

The Demilich posted:

The impending doom that awaits most life fills me with anxiety and dread. It honestly feels impossible to articulate how despondent to my core I feel about how many things are going to go extinct.

i recommend setting sick rival times in forza. good tracks imo

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/jakekincer/status/1479576195343785990

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Cup Runneth Over posted:

yeah ppl in this thread have some weird delusions lol. i'm riding the climate collapse into the ground like the bomb in dr. strangelove

He who is without weird delusions shall cast the first stone.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Being the one to cast the first stone is what they call a take-charge moment. Shows leadership. TRUMP!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Homeless Friend posted:

i recommend setting sick rival times in forza. good tracks imo

I like Beat Hazard cause I can load speed metal into it

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Leroy Diplowski posted:

I don't think it's delusional to try and mitigate suffering to the extent that's practical or possible. Even if that means considering tools and stuff that may help you do that by having a better chance at surviving here to for unthinkable weather events.

Plus I want to see the suck.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

I don't think it's delusional to try and mitigate suffering to the extent that's practical or possible. Even if that means considering tools and stuff that may help you do that by having a better chance at surviving here to for unthinkable weather events.

Plus I want to see the suck.

I'm probably going to have to nope out at some point. I dunno, I was originally thinking when the last elephants in Africa are killed off but I dunno. You can ask me again when we get to that point.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

unfortunately i can't actually die. my wife would reverse haunt me. i will suffer as long as possible

once you get tricked into marriage the difficulty setting is changed to hardcore mode. learn from my mistakes

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

petit choux posted:

I'm probably going to have to nope out at some point. I dunno, I was originally thinking when the last elephants in Africa are killed off but I dunno. You can ask me again when we get to that point.

To each their own and there isn't a right or we ng answer.

Ive struggled for a good while to try and understand why I have a will to see this thing through. I'm 42, no kids, one divorce and we don't talk, single. I don't have much debt except for a house and am pretty comfortable. Work from home, just get to garden and hike and raise animals and mouse jiggle. I should just peace out and leave everything to my nephews and wish them luck.

I'm still not sure why I just don't go licking door handles or worse. But something has me feeling I should ride it out. Something something very rare and interesting moment in history. That and then f I can get things sturdy enough, maybe it can provide some refuge to good people while and after I'm gone.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

To each their own and there isn't a right or we ng answer.

Ive struggled for a good while to try and understand why I have a will to see this thing through. I'm 42, no kids, one divorce and we don't talk, single. I don't have much debt except for a house and am pretty comfortable. Work from home, just get to garden and hike and raise animals and mouse jiggle. I should just peace out and leave everything to my nephews and wish them luck.

I'm still not sure why I just don't go licking door handles or worse. But something has me feeling I should ride it out. Something something very rare and interesting moment in history. That and then f I can get things sturdy enough, maybe it can provide some refuge to good people while and after I'm gone.

I'll probably chicken out on that day but we'll see. I'm in my late 50s and never anticipated making it even this far.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Raine posted:

petit choux posted:

Church of the Latter Day Hominids
Hello ladies!
Last Church of the Apocalypse

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

petit choux posted:

i know this isn't the covid thread but i'm still lmaoing at the covid mitigations the swingers club in town put in place, don't worry guys we're wiping everything down and serving those halloween fun sized bags of chips

like what the gently caress you weren't wiping everything down before covid?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

petit choux posted:

Yeah, kinda the same. I was a really hardy and rugged survivor in anticipation of this for years and now that it's happening I'm too old to be. Save yourself, don't wait for me.

don't wait for me, I am hooting and hollering, and I will never give up posting

r u ready to WALK posted:

i'd like to die of old age personally so please try to stave off the apocalypse for another 20-ish years
thanks

I mean me too lol. Putting money into my 401k is basically my version of taking a weekend trip to Vegas

maybe it will all just work out

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

Cup Runneth Over posted:

don't wait for me, I am hooting and hollering, and I will never give up posting

I mean me too lol. Putting money into my 401k is basically my version of taking a weekend trip to Vegas

maybe it will all just work out

Yeah can we come to some sort of consensus on when we should empty the 401, pay the penalty and buy bulk copper wire or more beans or whatever?

It's gotta be here in the next 18 months or less

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Be kind to yourself and be kind to others. Stick around if you're able. Don't let the bastards get you down.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
Everyone talking about noping out needs to immediately start meditating and reading up on the basic elements of Buddhism. Once you understand the concept of no self and the nature of change it becomes so much easier to deal with this poo poo. I'm serious, it really helped me and can really help you too, no faith or spirituality is needed it is entirely logical and experiential if you want it to be.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

IAMKOREA posted:

Everyone talking about noping out needs to immediately start meditating and reading up on the basic elements of Buddhism. Once you understand the concept of no self and the nature of change it becomes so much easier to deal with this poo poo. I'm serious, it really helped me and can really help you too, no faith or spirituality is needed it is entirely logical and experiential if you want it to be.

Oh sure, here comes all of Korea trying to do good by Korea god before they get raptured

I'm just kidding this is a little thing I like to do here where we play around with funny sayings.

For real though this is good.Tao is also real good for this. Also Albert Camus is extremely good for this and was specifically concerned with the question of "why not peace out if lol nothing matters" but not in a dick Nihilism way. He comes to some pretty cool conclusions that are very aligned with the good parts of this thread.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Basic Poster posted:

Yeah can we come to some sort of consensus on when we should empty the 401, pay the penalty and buy bulk copper wire or more beans or whatever?

It's gotta be here in the next 18 months or less

you think? I feel like we’re on the timeline of a solid 5 to 10 years before things really break down.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

LionArcher posted:

you think? I feel like we’re on the timeline of a solid 5 to 10 years before things really break down.

I think this depends on your definition of "really break down", it seems like every year we lose another city or two to fire or texas freezes solid or whatever and those places just don't seem to get rebuilt, or at least not fast enough to outpace the yearly damage. I think we're already at the point where things are really breaking down but it still doesn't feel like "empty the 401k" time yet because of how unpredictable (and for many goons, distant) it all is

your best bet is probably to just keep a stockpile of essentials and keep living life normally as best you can for as long as you can, put together bug-out bags, learn some skills that might be useful when poo poo gets wild where you live, try to expand your social network with people you can trust and hopefully when the fires (either literal or metaphorical) come for you you'll be able to escape for a little while

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we'll be fine

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

This is dumb state department propaganda, gas usage is the same with or without that pipeline. Doesn't matter whether it flows through Poland, the Ukraine or this pipeline.

Fame Douglas has issued a correction as of 13:12 on Jan 9, 2022

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
wheres that tweet aboutafrican stoves lol

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
Hopefully COVID gets so bad for so-called civilization that "desperation geoengineering" becomes impractical

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bathtub Cheese posted:

Hopefully COVID gets so bad for so-called civilization that "desperation geoengineering" becomes impractical

Don't you worry about that. I think it's eternal war forever more from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

IAMKOREA posted:

That's cool and all but computers are my life