Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

LGD posted:

https://twitter.com/TheReelTalkLive/status/1479844758449098753?s=20

gotta be honest, "serial murdering sexual predator" isn't really the look I envisioned them giving the Riddler

and the negative untrophy for "Least Amount of Effort Applied to a My Bloody Valentine (1981) Cosplay" goes to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

my god, matrix 4 blew rear end. i honestly don't remember much about the first matrix movie, let alone the rest of that trilogy, but i remember it at least being fun and looking cool. even the action sequences were bad in this one, just marvel-esque boredom and working around the fact that keanu is too old to carry an action movie. that's ignoring the plot which was just 90% incomprehensible exposition and character moments for what amounts to extras. i don't care about - and i had to look up their names - sati, sequoia, sheperd, berg, lexy, bugs or any of those central casting losers.

why would a scene where you fire bullets at a guy whose main deal it has been established is stopping bullets be in any way suspenseful??? why were there cutesy robot sidekicks?

anyway, i know you goons love this slop, so a pre-emptive suck my dick

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
that riddler looks like the dude from 8mm Wtf

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

R. Mute posted:

my god, matrix 4 blew rear end. i honestly don't remember much about the first matrix movie, let alone the rest of that trilogy, but i remember it at least being fun and looking cool. even the action sequences were bad in this one, just marvel-esque boredom and working around the fact that keanu is too old to carry an action movie. that's ignoring the plot which was just 90% incomprehensible exposition and character moments for what amounts to extras. i don't care about - and i had to look up their names - sati, sequoia, sheperd, berg, lexy, bugs or any of those central casting losers.

why would a scene where you fire bullets at a guy whose main deal it has been established is stopping bullets be in any way suspenseful??? why were there cutesy robot sidekicks?

If you don't understand exactly why there are cutesy robots the you saw the cellophane wrap on the package and thought that was all that was in it

If that's all the deeper you got it's no wonder you hated it

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

R. Mute posted:

I am partial to the interpretation of Lana just chaos dunking the matrix into the trash (metaphorically, she wanted to bring back Neo and Trinity for her own personal reasons though) in order to kill WB's own spinoffs in the cradle.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If you don't understand exactly why there are cutesy robots the you saw the cellophane wrap on the package and thought that was all that was in it

If that's all the deeper you got it's no wonder you hated it
i hear you need to have a pretty high iq to appreciate the deep lore of the matrix

Justin Tyme posted:

I am partial to the interpretation of Lana just chaos dunking the matrix into the trash (metaphorically, she wanted to bring back Neo and Trinity for her own personal reasons though) in order to kill WB's own spinoffs in the cradle.
i can buy that. the whole thing where they have the marketing people pitch horrible matrix ideas and them p much all coming true later in the film does point to that.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

R. Mute posted:

i hear you need to have a pretty high iq to appreciate the deep lore of the matrix

i can buy that. the whole thing where they have the marketing people pitch horrible matrix ideas and them p much all coming true later in the film does point to that.

It's not an IQ thing you just need to enjoy the meta aspects of the movie industry and how much no one making Matrix 4 wanted to make it but they had to and so they did while making GBS threads on WB execs and Lana letting her favorite action figures have a better ending

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

LGD posted:

gotta be honest, "serial murdering sexual predator" isn't really the look I envisioned them giving the Riddler

its exactly what i envisioned given the description of the movie

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Batman, your final riddle is to remember the safeword

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's not an IQ thing you just need to enjoy the meta aspects of the movie industry and how much no one making Matrix 4 wanted to make it but they had to and so they did while making GBS threads on WB execs and Lana letting her favorite action figures have a better ending
well, at least it's purposefully bad then. mission successful

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
like why the gently caress wouldn't you just get Jim Carrey to reprise the role? the only other thing he's doing is Eggman anyway.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

riddle me this batman, you'll never find the co-ed's skull

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

jim carrey was good because he understood that frank gorshin was the only true riddler

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

R. Mute posted:

never change r mute

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

he was a good goddam riddler and his descent into his final form in the Joel Schumacher opus is magickal.

p prescient too because we are all final form riddler now.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

never change r mute
i will never stop being right :hai:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

frank gorshin was the only true riddler

this

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

batman should only exist to have popular actors wear silly outfits and ham it up and just generally have a good time

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

R. Mute posted:

i will never stop being right :hai:

You're not wrong that its not a good movie for people who wanted a 4th matrix movie like the other 3 matrix movies. And the action was pretty lazy.

But I liked it. It has heart and tried things and wore its love and spite openly and sincerely and not full of whedon-esque ironic detachment

And Moss was great. And Abdul-Matteen
And Keanu was alright

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I don't care what anybody says. The Robert Pattison Batman movie looks hype as poo poo, and I'm gonna think that until I watch it and it lets me down.

But it's not gonna let me down like Speed Racer. I know it won't.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

robert pattison completely owns, so ngl i hope i like it too

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I hope there is more goofy playboy Bruce Wayne to contrast with all the brooding.

I feel like we haven't had a good Bruce/Batman dichotomy since the 90s ones

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

he was a good goddam riddler and his descent into his final form in the Joel Schumacher opus is magickal.

p prescient too because we are all final form riddler now.
Nah, Jim Carey's Riddler was just a Joker, maniacally hooting and hollering loudly and cracking jokes while playing with ridiculous props, which was a problem because Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face was already a Joker, too.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

MI 4-6 are incredible , you're insane

MI 1 and 4 are equally great but I don't know why the McQuarrie ones seem to have a good rep. I watched both in the cinema and I can't remember poo poo about them except endless, tension free car chases and forgettable twists every 20 minutes. The set pieces in 1 and 4 are masterfully done, otoh

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

someone help me out on what the platonic riddler ideal is supposed to be is it this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ioQP1XU3s&t=120s

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Knight posted:

Nah, Jim Carey's Riddler was just a Joker, maniacally hooting and hollering loudly and cracking jokes while playing with ridiculous props, which was a problem because Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face was already a Joker, too.

but also I was 13 at the time so it cannot be assailed

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
school shooter gimp ridder lmfao

all looking like cobra commanders pansexual son

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
also i was trying to remember what was so bad about the war of the world's remake and God that monolog at the end had me rolling my eyes so hard

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

jim carrey was good because he understood that frank gorshin was the only true riddler

he also does like gozar the gozarian at the end

and Tommy Lee Jones is there i guess

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

extremely grim imagining a real live person with a strong idea and belief that the loving riddler has to look and act a certain way

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

sexpig by night posted:

riddle me this batman, you'll never find the co-ed's skull

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
No one has mentioned yet how good Tom Cruise was in "Tropic Thunder"

It's amazing how good that film is considering the blackface and jokes about "never go full retard"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Clip-On Fedora posted:

But it's not gonna let me down like Speed Racer. I know it won't.

wait what the gently caress are you saying here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Farm Frenzy posted:

extremely grim imagining a real live person with a strong idea and belief that the loving riddler has to look and act a certain way

the riddler is cool. not as cool as mr freeze but pretty cool. another cool one is poison ivy because shes sexy. hmm whats another cool one. is there a mud golem guy? clayface? hmm,... is there a robot in the "rogues gallery" ??

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

someone help me out on what the platonic riddler ideal is supposed to be is it this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ioQP1XU3s&t=120s

They were trying to copy this video, but without humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVW6SH2bjYQ

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

LGD posted:

I hope the movie is good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Smythe posted:

the riddler is cool. not as cool as mr freeze but pretty cool. another cool one is poison ivy because shes sexy. hmm whats another cool one. is there a mud golem guy? clayface? hmm,... is there a robot in the "rogues gallery" ??

Nobody worthwhile.

Hugo strange, Rupert Thorne, or ventriloquist could be good.

Some of the lesser "joke" villains like signaling, calander man, spellbinder, polka dot man, catman, or Maxie zues could be interesting if they use the stories before they were turned into jokes as the basis.

There is a villain named mirror man who I think is the first villain to figure out that batman is Bruce Wayne. To fix this and defeat this villain batman and Robin drive mirror man insane so nobody would believe mirror man if he revealed his knowledge.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 06:10 on Jan 9, 2022

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Justin Tyme posted:

while it could be easy to think this at first, a) no she actually tried to make a good movie (but it's a love story), and b) wb still held money and review everything all the way through. it's actually cool n hip for mega-corps to materialize irony and now self-deprecating jokes sell well with the masses so they're all down with it since it makes things sell better. at no point during development was this meant to be a long WB-troll con

i think covid prob hosed with it a lot seeing the rather messy result we got.

i was excited to watch it in the leadup and it was a decent movie. overall was not terrible use of a couple of hours and maybe to say it was neither good nor bad: it was at least 'interesting'. i shant be re-watching it ever again, but for what it was it was alright. doesnt break top 5 this year though.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I wanna see Man-Bat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

"I'm the goddamn Man-Bat"