Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

euphronius posted:

correct

pressure cooker

Incorrect

Basket steamer. Perfectly moist every time and heart healthy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Edging case

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

potentially deadly problem with a 2,000 lb vehicle moving 85 mph. better make a Twitter about it and cc the car company boss

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

based on how difficult Elon stans describe regular driving I guess they would think night driving is an edge case

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Why don't they just train the driving AI on a Twitch Plays Need for Speed Underground stream?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This Tesla owner says he mines up to $800 a month in cryptocurrency with his car

There's a lot to unpack here but one of the last lines sums it up best:

quote:

But for Raval, mining cryptocurrencies off his Tesla isn’t just a gimmick. Instead, it is a big part of his plan to make his Tesla a fully autonomous robotaxi that earns crypto anytime it’s not driving.

lol that they interview another guy who did it and gave up saying that it was loving stupid and a waste of time.

quote:

Allessi, for example, purchased his car before Jan. 2017, meaning that he was grandfathered into a scheme where he has free and unlimited supercharging for the life of his vehicle.

In 2018, he estimates that over a 60-hour window, he would make $10 worth of bitcoin, all of which was at a profit, because he didn’t have to pay for power.

But even though it was profitable, it was hardly worth it, he says.

quote:

“Did it work? Yes. Did it mine anything worthwhile to be able to be profitable in any way, shape, or form? No,” explained Allessi.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Jan 9, 2022

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
love that people arent able to assign value to their own time

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Wisest Moron posted:

Why don't they just train the driving AI on a Twitch Plays Need for Speed Underground stream?

sorry mario your product safety is in another scrum

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This Tesla owner says he mines up to $800 a month in cryptocurrency with his car

lol that they interview another guy who did it and gave up saying that it was loving stupid and a waste of time.

Love the guy stealing electricity from Tesla and still getting owned

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
tbf he got owned when he bought the car

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I feel like that’s gotta be bad for the battery or whatever over time

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

dew worm posted:

I feel like that’s gotta be bad for the battery or whatever over time

Yea that's basically why the other guy stopped even though he literally had free electricity from the supercharger.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

so what kind of car should i buy, my ford fiesta is dying

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
a bus pass

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

i work at the landfill i cant really take a bus to the outside of town Dick head

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

THS2 posted:

i work at the landfill i cant really take a bus to the outside of town Dick head

See if the Garbage trucks will carpool with you.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tesla seems like the type that would just revoke grandfathered free unlimited option that costs them money because why not gently caress your contract what you going to do about it

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ7osdJ4H_8

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

THS2 posted:

so what kind of car should i buy, my ford fiesta is dying

I had a rental fiesta recently, it was fun. It's a shame that new small cars are illegal in the us.

Maybe a bolt?

I'm considering an electric motorcycle when I have to commute again.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

i want to hit under $19k for the car. so probably hyundai or kia's subcompacts. but apparently now is a bad time to buy a car?? i think i have to keep driving my fiesta. both the doorhandles have fallen off

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
You don't want a car. You want a close friend or partner with a car . Befriend more people

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

quote:

Raval estimates that he mines roughly 20 hours a day off his Tesla battery. Though the price of altcoins like ethereum are prone to volatility, Raval has baked in other backstops to ensure profitability.

For one, he stakes his ethereum on "Midas.Investments," a custodial crypto investment platform that offers him an annual percentage yield of 23% on his investment. He also never cashes out to U.S. dollars so that his crypto nest egg keeps growing.

Sounds like he hasn't actually made any money yet. Also, he doesn't have any bitcoins, because he gave them all to a website in exchange for magic beans

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

WhyteRyce posted:

Alexa is uploading audio on you more than you’d like but it’s also not recording you as often as people here make it sound

Any value greater than zero is too much.

Ditto with doorbell and home security cams.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

I think everyone remembers the failure of Google Glass

https://twitter.com/FrRonconi/status/1479494612003794956

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

poisonpill posted:

potentially deadly problem with a 2,000 lb vehicle moving 85 mph. better make a Twitter about it and cc the car company boss
3,600 - 4,500 lb vehicle, for the record

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

A Russian troll farm posted:

Or, for instance, modern key fobs. Oh wow, you can simply press a button rather than retrieving an object from your pocket then inserting it into a slot and twisting it, thereby saving 0.27 seconds? Wow, we truly are living in the future. You can never go back after convenience like that.

My key fob is slower than traditional key method. Theres a very noticible delay between pushing the brake in, pressing the start button, and having the car actually start since its scanning for the fob, compared to just slamming a key in and turning it and having the car start right away. Oh and it doesnt work half the time when its cold so I have to sit there and gently caress with the locking/unlocking until the circuitry or whatever in the fob warms up enough for the ignition to work. Id like to have a normal ignition again.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Proletarian Mango posted:

My key fob is slower than traditional key method. Theres a very noticible delay between pushing the brake in, pressing the start button, and having the car actually start since its scanning for the fob, compared to just slamming a key in and turning it and having the car start right away. Oh and it doesnt work half the time when its cold so I have to sit there and gently caress with the locking/unlocking until the circuitry or whatever in the fob warms up enough for the ignition to work. Id like to have a normal ignition again.

lol I drive an Alfa Romeo and I have none of these issues with a key fob, what kind of clown car do you have that the loving Italians did it better than that.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I drive an Audi and VW in -30C and none of that poo poo happens either. sorry for ur busted fobs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/teeusmagseus/status/1479547595169177601?s=21

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hillary 2024 posted:

I think everyone remembers the failure of Google Glass

https://twitter.com/FrRonconi/status/1479494612003794956

Yeah since everyone wants to make the world look like a bad netflix direct to streaming science fiction movie.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Tonk posted:

love that people arent able to assign value to their own time

Also, battery degradation. Just because you get free electricity doesn't mean constantly charging and discharging your battery to mine buttcoin is smart.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Proletarian Mango posted:

your mercedes/nissan is busted and that has nothing to do with keyless ignition as a premise lmao

and i used to own an s2000 where i'd have to do basically the same but after using the key to turn on the car before the push button ignition would function

stringless has issued a correction as of 15:10 on Jan 9, 2022

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't know where else to put this but apparently some bros are trying to buy an island near Fiji to make their own utopia. I present to you, Cryptoland

Thread:
https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1478500436873293828?t=cQVmMmloKmaORqlb9Jbwfg&s=19

Working mirror:
https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1479602025201557504?t=RGSzyArcz7Hwf5wqOOr0Pg&s=19

This is a very serious endeavor, and things are going great

https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1480075187563364355?t=Iayr-4VU0fFg5DrgDP0l8w&s=19

edit: OP received a toothless C&D for the crime of tweeting :laffo:

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1479974074986209286?t=F5TvSysy5fC3vid9C7vhnQ&s=19

shyduck has issued a correction as of 15:28 on Jan 9, 2022

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

lol I drive an Alfa Romeo and I have none of these issues with a key fob, what kind of clown car do you have that the loving Italians did it better than that.

volkswagen jetta

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Are you sure the battery in your fob isn't dying

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Nothus posted:

Are you sure the battery in your fob isn't dying

Was gonna suggest this too they're usually easy to replace

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://foodondemandnews.com/010620...ZpsBBuGk3d0LB0s

quote:

General Motors was one of many automakers using this year’s Consumer Electronics Show to debut new electric vehicles. On the delivery side, GM’s BrightDrop last-mile delivery division showed off its fleet of electric delivery vans, and announced huge reservations from FedEx and Walmart.

This news signals that large-scale shipping firms like FedEx are quickly converting to electric vehicles, but also retailers—which has the ability to shift the economics of the entire delivery ecosystem in the coming years.

According to the GM, Walmart signed an agreement to reserve 5,000 of BrightDrop’s EV600 and smaller EV410 electric delivery vans to support the retail giant’s growing last-mile delivery network and goal of operating a zero-emissions logistics fleet by 2040.

FedEx signed an agreement reserving priority production for 2,000 electric delivery vans over the next few years, adding to the logistics firm’s initial reservation of 500 BrightDrop EVs announced last year. FedEx is working on a plan to add up to 20,000 more in the coming years, with even longer-range plans to expand testing of its electrified container to 10 markets starting in 2022.

GM said both announcements “demonstrate growing momentum for BrightDrop’s electric delivery solutions, with two major Fortune 500 companies.” BrightDrop publicly launched as a business at last year’s CES, and its first EV600 electric light commercial vehicles were delivered to FedEx last month.

The EV600 is built on GM’s Ultium electric vehicle platform that will soon underpin a range of vehicles, including commercial delivery vans, high-zoot Cadillac luxury cars, the new GMC Hummer EV, and many other mass-market electric cars as the country’s largest automaker joins its contemporaries in phasing out internal combustion engines.

In a spectacular show of force, not only did Bazingla inspire an industry change, but Bazingla also self-owned into place. Now there is backlogged self-owning to work off, and a literal hard-into-place trained network of broken promises and causal detritus to sweep up, and the other major companies have built actual solutions being bought by market.

Tesla's quality falls to its obvious nonmerit, and it will take the better part of a human generation, if not longer, for people to forgive and forget Elon Musk's middling, despicable bullshit.

CONGRATULATIONS

I have a theory the dude is sitting terrified and rigidly with his thumbs up his rear end on a much bigger, similarly enmeshed, Neuralink/networked learning problem and The Hague doesn't even begin to cover it

Waffle House has issued a correction as of 18:31 on Jan 9, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tesla Cybertruck Is Delayed Again, This Time Indefinitely

• Tesla has removed the potential release date from the Cybertruck’s order page.
  • Production was slated to start at the end of this year.
  • Tesla hasn't given a new date for the Cybertruck's release.

I am shocked this happened.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

and yet, number will rise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Tesla Cybertruck Is Delayed Again, This Time Indefinitely

• Tesla has removed the potential release date from the Cybertruck’s order page.
  • Production was slated to start at the end of this year.
  • Tesla hasn't given a new date for the Cybertruck's release.

I am shocked this happened.

wow, what an unlikely outcome. probably no one could have foreseen this