Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Batman '66 remains so much better than anything else WB/DC has ever produced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Pure West, baby.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Batman '66 remains so much better than anything else WB/DC has ever produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWqnT147OAE&t=137s

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

infernal machines posted:

Oh wow, Prime Video Canada has Space Truckers and Blind Fury

e: Also, all three parts of Atlas Shrugged, under Sci-Fi, for some reason

Space truckers has a evil businessman president they blow up with a bomb

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Also I love how the truckers all idolise American Southern culture but its the future and no one 'gets' it so they're all wearing ridiculous pink and purple cowboy outfits and eating at a Disney land-esque diner in spaaaaaace.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Micro-review of Last Night in Soho: it is a film. It has actors and a plot that unfolds over two hours. There is an ending and it occurs. Shaun of the Dead sure was good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ranking of every anime I've seen:

0/10

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Endless Trash posted:

Micro-review of Last Night in Soho: it is a film. It has actors and a plot that unfolds over two hours. There is an ending and it occurs. Shaun of the Dead sure was good.

“Unfolds” is being very generous.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Micro review of Slumber Party Massacre II. This was good. I thought this was an other X Y Massacre II movie that I had already seen but this was new. Killer has a guitar with a footlong drill bit at the neck. It unfolds as you might expect. would recomend this one.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
don't dox me in my moms basement

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sally posted:

nu-Suicide Squad was a blast and is getting an HBO spin-off for John Cena. i assume it was doing well, or did it bomb or something? after they killed off 20 DC d-listers to fight a giant sentient star fish, i was hoping for more weird stuff.

bring back polka dot man!
It didn't do that great in theaters, but it was one of the movies that released both on HBO Max and theaters the same day. I would assume the spinoff show wouldn't have gotten made if WB was unhappy with the film's performance.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the spin off was in production before the film released

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
They're already teasing a new season of Dexter New Blood, so that one off claim was a load of horseshit as soon as the show started getting big numbers

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

X JAKK posted:

They're already teasing a new season of Dexter New Blood, so that one off claim was a load of horseshit as soon as the show started getting big numbers
I assume that show became a thing because the series finale of the original run was considered one of the worst TV endings ever and they didn't want to go out that way? I've never watched the show but I remember everyone who did hating the ending.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

anyone still watching Dexter by the time the finale came out got what they deserved

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Micro review of Slumber Party Massacre II. This was good. I thought this was an other X Y Massacre II movie that I had already seen but this was new. Killer has a guitar with a footlong drill bit at the neck. It unfolds as you might expect. would recomend this one.

Even if you're not going to watch the movie, watch the "musical number"

https://youtu.be/MwYMgLoENH8

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Son of Little Caesars founder Mike ilitch

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

*rubbing your nose in the video* Noooo, no! Bad WA! We don't do that here! No!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

My friends and I watched this in high school because it was famously the only 100% film on Rotten Tomatoes at the time and the entire roomful of people was like "what the gently caress? That was loving garbage that made no sense"

Anime, not even once

you and your friends were thoroughly owned by a children's movie

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Regarde Aduck posted:

you and your friends were thoroughly owned by a children's movie

:hai:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Sally posted:

also if people are talking about Miyazaki, Graveyard of the Fireflies is a loving amazing anime. i only watched it once and it destroyed me--i don't think i could ever watch it again. Ebert was on point about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU3mZT0a9Rw

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

I wanted to eat all the food in Spirited Away

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
same it really makes me want to pig out

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PostNouveau posted:

Anime, not even once

:hmmyes:

Sally posted:

nu-Suicide Squad was a blast and is getting an HBO spin-off for John Cena. i assume it was doing well, or did it bomb or something? after they killed off 20 DC d-listers to fight a giant sentient star fish, i was hoping for more weird stuff.

bring back polka dot man!

THE Suicide Squad was a good movie with a poo poo title and poo poo marketing, released right when Delta became a concern in the U.S., so yeah, it bombed.

I’m not watching the John Cena show.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
skipping a couple pages to say watch Your Name. It's good

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

I assume that show became a thing because the series finale of the original run was considered one of the worst TV endings ever and they didn't want to go out that way? I've never watched the show but I remember everyone who did hating the ending.

The new show became a thing because Michael C. Hall ain’t done dick since the series ended and Showtime hasn’t had a hit anywhere near as big (but a lot of that has to do with the audience for TV dwindling).

I noped out of Dexter originally on episode 1 of season 6 when they had cgi snakes inside a dead body. Everything I heard about it afterwards was just so bad it’s funny, until of course the infamous finale.

I started a rewatch of Dexter some years later and realized only the first six or so episodes of season 1 were actually any good and the rest of it was always trash.

gently caress Dexter.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The new show became a thing because Michael C. Hall ain’t done dick since the series ended and Showtime hasn’t had a hit anywhere near as big (but a lot of that has to do with the audience for TV dwindling).

I noped out of Dexter originally on episode 1 of season 6 when they had cgi snakes inside a dead body. Everything I heard about it afterwards was just so bad it’s funny, until of course the infamous finale.

I started a rewatch of Dexter some years later and realized only the first six or so episodes of season 1 were actually any good and the rest of it was always trash.

gently caress Dexter.

Every episode of Dexter is trash. The writing is so bad it's like failed satire.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Did new Dexter bring in the ghost poo poo? The dark passenger is literally an evil ghost in the books which is why he has to kill.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
maybe this season Dexter kills the screenwriters

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mozi posted:

that would be bad rear end

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Azubah posted:

Did new Dexter bring in the ghost poo poo? The dark passenger is literally an evil ghost in the books which is why he has to kill.

Nah but Ghost Deb does act a lot more like she's haunting him than Ghost Dad ever did

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

skipping a couple pages to say watch Your Name. It's good

but the crusty boomers in the cynical media thread don't like it

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Nah but Ghost Deb does act a lot more like she's haunting him than Ghost Dad ever did

That's gotta be a good gig, "I get to yell at my ex and you'll pay for for me?"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I watched half of the first episode of this HBO show "Patria"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwJnRqp4vN0

Somethin to do with the ETA terrorist organization and Spain and terrorist attacks, and how they affect a lady who lived them, a subject I'm extremely ignorant of (my first thought is that it's KIND OF A JERK MOVE to kill people, ETA! but that's just me)

ETA from what little I understand is trying to make a part of Spain be an independent country (Basque country?), or they claim to have always been an independent country or something, unfortunately they seem to be located very much inside Spain's territory so I can see how this is a logistics nightmare

It starts of kinda slow, seems to pick up a little, but unfortunately I got a migraine halfway and had to stop, so uhh no rating yet

edit: I found it interesting because I enjoy looking at how people in other countries live, this seems somewhat realistic but it does seem a bit slow to start, we'll see

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 9, 2022

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Mozi posted:

It wouldn't even need to make any sense or have any other redeeming qualities since that season would then be a meta-commentary on the whole show. It would get heaps of praise for not following the formula.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Spider-Man is at 1.6 billion dollars and it's not even being shown in the #1 economy in the world that beat covid.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marvel saved cinema

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Spider-Man is at 1.6 billion dollars and it's not even being shown in the #1 economy in the world that beat covid.

Based on my math-only model of viewing quality this means it is slightly better than the last jedi.