Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Slider posted:

damage is a healing resource in dungeons

i mean, i agree, and i'm being as dishonest as possible when i'm on white mage - but it's kind of ludicrous right now just how much healing warrior can do. i went to go cast benediction on them 3 or 4 times only to watch them refill their own hit points from 10 or 15% to full. it's nuts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

idk it seems kinda obtuse to say healers should just want to do DPS, that's what the majority of the classes in the game are built to do already and if you want to blow up guys all those classes are there for you to use!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Getting a Dark Knight as a tank is fun right now though, basically unlocks savage difficulty on chain pulls

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Warrior is ludicrous in dungeons but the same tools are less so in raids so I think there's not much pressure to nerf them. Warrior is in a good place right now for raid tanking but not overpowered in that setting either, and that seems to probably be the bigger concern for balancing. I dunno, maybe they'll add diminishing returns on Bloodwhetting's healing in 6.1 for hitting multiple targets or something but I'm not sure what the history is for changing balance based on dungeons specifically.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Just give DRK some lifesteal on their AOE combo, imo.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

No Dignity posted:

idk it seems kinda obtuse to say healers should just want to do DPS, that's what the majority of the classes in the game are built to do already and if you want to blow up guys all those classes are there for you to use!

hate the game, not the player

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I mean, WAR is awesome but I don't exactly feel like PLD or GNB are struggling at all in dungeons either (though admittedly I have never parsed them for direct comparisons). DRK seems to struggle a bit with huge trash pulls but seems fine with bosses. Maybe WAR just has the best kit to compensate for everyone not having great gear yet?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Clarste posted:

Just give DRK some lifesteal on their AOE combo, imo.

It'd be pretty on-theme for DRK, too

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Quietus now has a 100 pot heal per target. Boom, fixed.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

WAR was already nerfed from their ShB incarnation so...

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Kyrosiris posted:

WAR was already nerfed from their ShB incarnation so...

that really doesn't match up with my gameplay experiences

i had to heal warriors tanking pagl'than in 5.5

i do not have to heal warriors tanking expert roulette in 6.0

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

No Dignity posted:

Getting a Dark Knight as a tank is fun right now though, basically unlocks savage difficulty on chain pulls

Yeah its rough. I'm thinking of switching jobs to Warrior or Gunbreaker.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
a good warrior in shadowbringers could literally solo pagl'than, warrior is head and shoulders above other tanks in self-healing dungeon packs but it already was

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

petcarcharodon posted:

a good warrior in shadowbringers could literally solo pagl'than, warrior is head and shoulders above other tanks in self-healing dungeon packs but it already was

could they solo doing the ultra 5 pack pull at the start of pagl'than? or doing one pack at a time? that's a pretty different set of circumstances.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

BrightWing posted:

Quietus now has a 100 pot heal per target. Boom, fixed.

That would make DRK effectively invincible in dungeons.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

petcarcharodon posted:

I remember watching speedruns of 1 WAR and 3 DPS in Heroes' Gauntlet and Matoya's Relict back in the day, yeah. Old Nascent was as ridiculous back then as Bloodwhetting is now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hommando posted:

That would make DRK effectively invincible in dungeons.

Have you looked at WAR recently

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMgTambpkRc

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

yeah they're double-pulling but not wall-pulling. i'm pretty sure warriors can wall pull in endwalker experts solo.

edit: they also melded tenacity specifically for this video, and i very much doubt any of the warriors in endwalker experts are melding tenacity.

Frida Call Me fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 9, 2022

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
my point is that it would be odd to find reason to nerf it now when it was already like this and then they decided to add more healing on top of it

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

They're also end-of-expansion ilvl and not near minimum ilvl for the dungeon. They took Warrior's best cooldown, which was already very strong when lined up with meter spenders or IR, and removed the need to line stuff up with it, added damage resistance to it, and extended its duration by another GCD.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

They aren’t going to nerf warrior based specifically on their dungeon performance, “is extremely good at the specific niche of doing dungeons faster” is not a metric being measured in such a way as to ruin people’s fun

E: like it would be one thing if the game had mythic+ type hardcore dungeon content but it doesn’t, even the hardest newest dungeons are designed with such loose tolerances that you can essentially sleepwalk through them with half the party not pressing any buttons. Dungeon balance is not a priority here

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

I love that the pinned comment is the uploader and every other commenter trying their hardest to argue with an honest healer. The guy posts a snarky comment as some sort of snipe on the uploader and if you look at his videos he's nothing but a cure bot.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

petcarcharodon posted:

my point is that it would be odd to find reason to nerf it now when it was already like this and then they decided to add more healing on top of it

that's fair, i'll just make a dungeoning hotbar for healing endwalker experts

i left the cure 1 in case i get synced down in LDR

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

They aren’t going to nerf warrior based specifically on their dungeon performance, “is extremely good at the specific niche of doing dungeons faster” is not a metric being measured in such a way as to ruin people’s fun

E: like it would be one thing if the game had mythic+ type hardcore dungeon content but it doesn’t, even the hardest newest dungeons are designed with such loose tolerances that you can essentially sleepwalk through them with half the party not pressing any buttons. Dungeon balance is not a priority here

The cooldown is 2k potency worth of healing plus 20% DR every 25 seconds even on a single target, it's way better than the GNB and PLD equivalents. I guess it's not as good as TBN but the rest of DRK's kit sucks compared to WAR's

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Buff Paladin and Gunbreaker instead imo.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Again, speaking as someone who does Expert as a healer 90% of the time, I barely notice the difference between the jobs beyond DRK needing an extra Druochole per pull. Having a bad healer is noticeable when you're not playing a WAR, but I feel the exact same way in reverse when I have a bad tank and I'm playing anything other than WHM in non-max level content.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

As a tank player, paladin is nearly as ridiculous as warrior, and gnb is the most 'normal' of the three. Really the only bad tank is drk.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Vermain posted:

Again, speaking as someone who does Expert as a healer 90% of the time, I barely notice the difference between the jobs beyond DRK needing an extra Druochole per pull. Having a bad healer is noticeable when you're not playing a WAR, but I feel the exact same way in reverse when I have a bad tank and I'm playing anything other than WHM in non-max level content.

dunno what to tell you, i legitimately have to use my kit (tetra, benison, aquaveil, asylum, bells, lillies, wings) to keep DRK, GNB, and PLD alive during endwalker wallpulls. i don't have to do any of that with warriors and i have parses to show that!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Frida Call Me posted:

yeah they're double-pulling but not wall-pulling. i'm pretty sure warriors can wall pull in endwalker experts solo.

Current expert wall pulls are two packs though???

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Kyrosiris posted:

Current expert wall pulls are two packs though???

yes, they are! but we've already come up with several reasons for why it's not an apt comparison!

just look at this incoming healing. all incoming healing on the warrior tank, spoilered image contains the name of an endwalker expert dungeon

bloodwhetting accounts for 1.3 million hit points worth of healing over the course of dungeon. this is after we've nerfed HP values to less than 1/3rd of their shadowbringers values

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It has an insane overheal though so that number is misleading

It's insane that they have a 25s hallowed ground but ultimately that's all it is. I don't know how you're getting away with not healing in between bloddwhetter windows

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

this just in, folks: bloodwhetting worthless compared to the power of kardia! warriors in shambles as they find their defensives become meaningless in the face of the overwhelming power of sage

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

quote:

・ナイトの火力はちょっと上げたほうがいいとは思う
YoshiP thinks PLD's firepower should be given an increase.

YoshiP save my people

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

It's insane that they have a 25s hallowed ground but ultimately that's all it is. I don't know how you're getting away with not healing in between bloddwhetter windows

they had less overhealing than i did, lmao

they're spacing mitigations out so that they can heal themselves up from 10% to full every time. i spent two benedictions on them, that was basically my only meaningful healing contribution to the tank the entire dungeon.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Frida Call Me posted:

that's fair, i'll just make a dungeoning hotbar for healing endwalker experts

i left the cure 1 in case i get synced down in LDR

:hmmyes: Needs more organization but this is about correct.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ibblebibble posted:

YoshiP save my people

I'm amused that firepower is a literal translation. Never knew that.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Is there a transcript of the radio mog thing I missed?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

YoshiP save my people

Yeah there's a post on reddit, apparently they're gonna push a balance pass before 6.1 and buff SAM, BLM, MNK, and DNC in it (lol mch)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Chillgamesh posted:

Yeah there's a post on reddit, apparently they're gonna push a balance pass before 6.1 and buff SAM, BLM, MNK, and DNC in it (lol mch)

What's wrong with MCH? I'm going to be leveling it to 90 for my physical ranged soon.