Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Chronojam posted:

Rough news today, folks: Piers Harding-Rolls of Ampere Analysis has just concluded that there will be no Switch Pro, shocking everybody who speculated on one for months before launch.

The real Switch Pro were the friends we made along the way speculating about the Switch Pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I just bought a Switch OLED a week ago and I'm stoked about this news. Means 2 more years of my console being fine.

Also I just tried some of the emulated 8 and 16 bit era games and holy crap were games hard and bad back then.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nintendo could go out of business at any moment... it needs our help... please open your wallet and buy everything on the eshop today

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
Just bought SMT V on sale a few days ago, and now I realize there's a deluxe version with all the DLC on sale too. Buying separately runs up the cost by ~$7 compared to buying the bundle.

Is the DLC worth it?

Is there a way of contacting someone and explaining what happened so I could get a refund for the standalone game and get the bundle instead?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the dlc is:

cheat dlc that ruins the game if you turn it on
some extra bosses that give yo u op demons to fuse

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Does New Pokemon Snap have gyro?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Do a support chat, politely but firmly don't take no for an answer, get an escalation reference number and phone. That's what I did when I bought the Valkyria Chronicles bundle so I could play 4, only to have 4+dlc go on sale literally right after the bundle sale ended.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

weep for your $7, for you will never get them back.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jigsaw posted:

Just bought SMT V on sale a few days ago, and now I realize there's a deluxe version with all the DLC on sale too. Buying separately runs up the cost by ~$7 compared to buying the bundle.

Is the DLC worth it?

Is there a way of contacting someone and explaining what happened so I could get a refund for the standalone game and get the bundle instead?

you do not need the dlc

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
getting a refund? from nintendo? lol

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
I figured getting a refund was a longshot, but it's nice to know the DLC sounds "meh" anyway. And if I do change my mind, it's not like $7 is a big deal; just figured it'd be worth checking. Thanks all!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

the dlc that lets you fight all of the fiends + the demi-fiend is pretty good, the three one-off boss fight dlcs are eh, and the cheat dlc is cheat dlc

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I would at least get the Fiend DLC.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Agree. I'd point out the individual demon dlc are sliiiightly cheaty because they're better than the demons in their range with stronger skills but not so much they break the gameplay. Maybe Cleopatra, she's kinda busted in both ways. The Fiends are cool Nocturne callbacks and boss fights and really fill up a demon race that barely has demons without DLC and are real cool for when you're supposed to get them.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah the other one isn't just grinding DLC but it's grinding DLC in a game that absolutely does not need grinding DLC

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does New Pokemon Snap have gyro?

it does. not quite the same vibe as a wii u game would've had but still good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the fiends are pretty insane as well for when you get them

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mother Harlot is an OP tank mid to end game

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i may buy SMTV eventually...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Chronojam posted:

Rough news today, folks: Piers Harding-Rolls of Ampere Analysis has just concluded that there will be no Switch Pro, shocking everybody who speculated on one for months before launch.

Here's the actual article in question.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-01-05-what-happens-to-gaming-in-2022-analysts-offer-their-predictions

Apparently, the prediction is based on a different prediction where Nintendo releases a new console in 2024 and there's clearly no way Nintendo would release a new revision of an old console so close to the release of a new console.

It might be more efficient to try divining chicken entrails or burning plants.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yyeah they release their last minute weirdo console revisions after the successor launches like the gameboy micro and the 2DSXL or that red Wii that couldn’t do Wi-Fi

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the wii had multiple revisions each more inferior than the last. a wii that cant play gamecube games? ...pointless

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
This thing would be so cool looking if it weren’t so useless

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you can hack it therefore its not useless

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
It's genuinely impressive how the Wii revisions only got worse though.

You want the first revision to this day as a result.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Stux posted:

you can hack it therefore its not useless

Can you hack a hole to insert the wavebird receiver? No? Useless

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the first wii is the one you want for modding because it has gamecube controller ports while the revisions do not

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i own three wiis and am very normal

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i own three wiis and am very normal

... only three?

I've got four just lying around and that's with two given to the nephews.

... I do also have two GameCubes, four controllers, the drums, and a copy of SSBM.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i also own two super nintendos... i just love nintendo so much

endlessmonotony posted:

... I do also have two GameCubes, four controllers, the drums, and a copy of SSBM.

that owns lol

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

EvilJoven posted:

I just bought a Switch OLED a week ago and I'm stoked about this news. Means 2 more years of my console being fine.

Also I just tried some of the emulated 8 and 16 bit era games and holy crap were games hard and bad back then.

mostly the controls sucked and the way enemies acted in side scrollers could be difficult to work around with the crappy controls, but once you figure it out then it all gets pretty easy

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Most 8 bit games have aged like milk imo, but 16 still holds up just fine

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
8 bit games are good... you are just bad

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

8 bit games are good... you are just bad

More like 8-bit Butt-Head

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
dragon quest 1-3 still holds up

thats about it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ragequit posted:

More like 8-bit Butt-Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Hfg9_QAeI

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Oh hey ProZD and Jay started uploading Danganronpa V3 videos today, so that means in a couple of months I'll be able to buy Danganronpa S since I'll know who all the V3 characters are and will be able to get all the jokes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh hey ProZD and Jay started uploading Danganronpa V3 videos today, so that means in a couple of months I'll be able to buy Danganronpa S since I'll know who all the V3 characters are and will be able to get all the jokes.

you could just play V3 it's probably the best one

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I turned on motion controls in Splatoon and BOTW and am trying to get used to it.

When we first got a Nintendo in the late 80s it was all 'lmao grandpa you don't flick the controller to do stuff you press the buttons!' and now it's all 'lmao grandpa you turn the controller to aim don't use the sticks'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
should i buy smtv or monster hunter? i can't decide