Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I genuinely thought she wrote 'adult onset stillbirth' at first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

I genuinely thought she wrote 'adult onset stillbirth' at first
SADS

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
The intro for "CHiPs" only it's "SaDs"

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Irony poisoning gets really weird when you get to the point children are involved.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Having a child as a joke. Loving and raising it the best I can as a bit. Owning it by rearranging my life to meet it's needs

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

some plague rats posted:

Having a child as a joke. Loving and raising it the best I can as a bit. Owning it by rearranging my life to meet it's needs

one of these is true, it seems

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

some plague rats posted:

dunno if Anna is "raising it the best she can"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bip Roberts posted:

dunno if Anna is "raising it the best she can"

I do not feel sufficiently informed to judge that, seeing as I don't know her and haven't formed enough of a parasocial relationship to pretend I do

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

some plague rats posted:

I do not feel sufficiently informed to judge that, seeing as I don't know her and haven't formed enough of a parasocial relationship to pretend I do

paging wizard master

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Breadallelogram posted:

lol if you think getting made fun of will ever stop glenn

Building up an immunity to getting owned by posting badly on SA

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

some plague rats posted:

philosophical zombies for irony

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

Building up an immunity to getting owned by posting badly on SA

there's no vaccine for that!!!!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I liked the second D&D Chapo episode. Feel like this one is actually better done than the older campaigns. Whoever the guy DMing it is seems good at keeping things flowing, though I have zero experience with D&D (or any tabletop RPG stuff) so maybe this is just what decent DMs do. The whole "giving players freedom to do whatever and just associating those actions with abilities and rolling dice" thing is pretty cool, though it really seems like you need a skilled person doing the DMing. I guess it comes down to "trusting the author" in the same way as any fiction does.

I don't understand D&D mechanics much, though. How does healing work in it? Like Felix has a healing spell "Lay on hands"; could he have used it during a fight as well? Or can you only use such spells during "rest" times?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

I liked the second D&D Chapo episode. Feel like this one is actually better done than the older campaigns. Whoever the guy DMing it is seems good at keeping things flowing, though I have zero experience with D&D (or any tabletop RPG stuff) so maybe this is just what decent DMs do. The whole "giving players freedom to do whatever and just associating those actions with abilities and rolling dice" thing is pretty cool, though it really seems like you need a skilled person doing the DMing. I guess it comes down to "trusting the author" in the same way as any fiction does.

I don't understand D&D mechanics much, though. How does healing work in it? Like Felix has a healing spell "Lay on hands"; could he have used it during a fight as well? Or can you only use such spells during "rest" times?

Lay on Hands is a Paladin class feature that gives you X points of healing before having to take a rest. there are also regular healing spells you can use X times a rest.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Felix has a healing spell "Lay on hands"; could he have used it during a fight as well?

Yes!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lay on hands is a paladin action that can heal restores 5*level hit points and is “recharged” after a long rest. note that the DM was very explicit about them taking a short rest, not a long one, theres a difference.

the DM is quite good. there’s a number of “professional DMs” that are paid to run stuff for twitch streams and the like. as you can tell it is a lot of work.

DM gets major props for allowing that persuade check in combat because it was funny and then not trying any bullshit after Felix rolled a natural 20.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nerd alert

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

lay on hands is what you do at catholic weddings

And other sacraments too I think

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

all the cool influencers on twitch are doing dnd campaigns, nerds are the humbugs avoiding socializing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

all the cool influencers on twitch are doing dnd campaigns, nerds are the humbugs avoiding socializing

i'm jealous my roommate is in a d&d group but my work schedule is too erratic

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

goons eyes lighting up as they can explain, completely and without error, the technical details of Lay on Hands

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
They need to include a would-be usurper character, Ionnes Guaidos, who wishes to supplant the wicked fat Maduros and restore empanadas to his people. His country yearns for freedom!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

some plague rats posted:

My baby is a fuckin noob. I cover his eyes and thinks I'm not there, then I say peek-a-boo and he thinks I just teleported to him. Lern 2 object permanence scrub.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fortaleza posted:

lay on hands is what you do at catholic weddings

And other sacraments too I think

gay on hands

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Majorian posted:

They need to include a would-be usurper character, Ionnes Guaidos, who wishes to supplant the wicked fat Maduros and restore empanadas to his people. His country yearns for freedom!

stav as giannis guaidopoulos

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Majorian posted:

gay on hands

:gay:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Majorian posted:

gay on hands

that's right

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Majorian posted:

gay on hands

admins please

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

lmao

boonta vista recently did an ep on the founder of chiropractic (which is a religious movement btw)

quote:

But we must have a religious head, one who is the founder, as did Christ, Mohamed, Jo. Smith, Mrs. Eddy, Martin Luther and other who have founded religions. I am the fountain head. I am the founder of chiropractic in its science, in its art, in its philosophy and in its religious phase. Now, if chiropractors desire to claim me as their head, their leader, the way is clear. My writings have been gradually steering in that direction until now it is time to assume that we have the same right to as has Christian Scientists.

https://soundcloud.com/boontavista/episode-230-the-theo-philes-ix-the-fountainhead-of-bones-as-the-stump-meanders

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KirbyKhan posted:

My baby is a fuckin noob. I cover his eyes and thinks I'm not there, then I say peek-a-boo and he thinks I just teleported to him. Lern 2 object permanence scrub.

look at this flimsy lil bitch can't even hold his head up. whats up nerd gonna qq til mommy feeds ya??

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

poopy diaper

terrorists win

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Babies are pretty fuckin stupid

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Majorian posted:

gay on hands

I can teach you to do gayki, lotta money in doing healings

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
#200 episode of trueanon

drat, it's been that long already?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

i say swears online posted:

stav as giannis guaidopoulos

There you go. Mr. Chapo, I know you're reading this, make it happen. I don't care if you've recorded it already, re-record and do it right.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

nobody told me before I become a parent that the stage in the picture lasts like a month if even that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Does anyone have a beep beep lettuce or kill James bond feed tia