Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I use the frog. :getin: Frog best icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Currently :staredog:

Used :mrgw: too for a while

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

:mrgw: of course.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I could never abandon :v:

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I'm rocking a bleeding edge alpha frog.

spanky the dolphin fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 28, 2022

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I did not know there were more options I am rocking the ghost now thank you

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I still want the iMessage stickers back :pray:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Legitimately cannot believe there are people not using frog or dog.

Please remove all other icons to help bring these people back to the light.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OK so I've been changing the app icon in the settings and the actual icon is not changing. I've force-quit the app several times. What do I have to do to make it update?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

shortspecialbus posted:

Legitimately cannot believe there are people not using frog or dog.

Please remove all other icons to help bring these people back to the light.

The five ratings are the best ones for making sure nobody wants to click the icon if they’re looking at your phone

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Snowy posted:

The five ratings are the best ones for making sure nobody wants to click the icon if they’re looking at your phone

Fine but beyond that.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Data Graham posted:

OK so I've been changing the app icon in the settings and the actual icon is not changing. I've force-quit the app several times. What do I have to do to make it update?

Restart your phone.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Snowy posted:

Same.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I use the default because I like it. :saddowns: It's clean and pairs up with other blue icons on the screen.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Navy Blue background bars are classy hth. And the iMessage stickers are still there are work just fine.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Feature request: Some kind of text search within the smiley keyboard. A basic filter on "smileyname.contains(searchterm)" would be plenty imo. I never remember the exact name of a smiley and end up scrolling the entire list looking for it.

Bug: Whats the deal with duplicate entries in there? Doesn't seem to affect all of them, e.g. note the :one: smiley that doesn't repeat while everything else has duplicates:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well of course not, it's :one:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Duplicate entries are some weird bug that wiping out and reinstalling seems to fix, I had the same issue for months but that cleaned it right up.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i've had the duplicate smilies bug forever but i didn't want to reinstall because i was too lazy to want to re-enter my password. i'll try it now though.

wow, it really works. what the gently caress.

vvvv i don't have the speed problem, weird

big deal fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 9, 2022

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

:getin:

That sure did fix it, although now I see that all animated emotes in the list play at super speed. Small price to pay and they work fine once posted so :shrug:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i think the speed problem could be related to screen refresh rate because i started seeing it as soon as i upgraded from a 12 to a 13 pro

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
all i know is that the app lasts maybe 2 days before it gets so slow and then crashes. force killing the app regularly prevents it.

13 pro max, app and ios up to date.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

i think the speed problem could be related to screen refresh rate because i started seeing it as soon as i upgraded from a 12 to a 13 pro

This makes perfect sense because that’s when I noticed it as well.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's the Turbo button's time to shine once more!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

This makes perfect sense because that’s when I noticed it as well.

Can confirm I get it on my iPad Pro with promotion screen as well

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i use the gold thread app icon to remind me of the very high number of gold threads that i have created

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Progressive JPEG posted:

Feature request: Some kind of text search within the smiley keyboard. A basic filter on "smileyname.contains(searchterm)" would be plenty imo. I never remember the exact name of a smiley and end up scrolling the entire list looking for it.

Bug: Whats the deal with duplicate entries in there? Doesn't seem to affect all of them, e.g. note the :one: smiley that doesn't repeat while everything else has duplicates:

I finally got smilies to copy properly (had to enable full access in the keyboards settings screen) but favoriting and recently used are not working correctly. And the smilies are set up in such a way - I think this is how the forums sort them - where they in multiple sets of alphabetical order, that is, you'll have like 50-100 of them A-Z and then another set starts after that, also A-Z so it's pretty hard to find a specific one, since I can't go through and favorite them.

I also would like a search bar of some sort, or at least to have working favorites, so I'm downloading xcode now. That said, I see that it requires extra setup - can I set up App Groups with a free dev account or is that only for paid?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

I’m on a 13 pro max and yeah I probably haven’t thought about it since I changed my phone, so that’s probably it.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

when you click the arrow to expand Cinema Discusso's subforums it drops the film dump below the enclosed pool area.

not sure if that's right but i have no idea what the enclosed pool area is to begin with

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the enclosed pool area got closed at the end of the year so that might be what’s causing forum list fuckery? (it was an imp zone for pro wrestling)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

rip epa

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

the enclosed pool area got closed at the end of the year so that might be what’s causing forum list fuckery? (it was an imp zone for pro wrestling)

Almost certainly this; when a forum is closed and hidden the forum view in the app gets confused. I think you can log out and log back in or clear data or something and it will reload the forum list.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Ive been spending a lot more time with a keyboard hooked up to my iPad; are there any keyboard shortcuts in the app (like scrolling)?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

ulmont posted:

Ive been spending a lot more time with a keyboard hooked up to my iPad; are there any keyboard shortcuts in the app (like scrolling)?

It’s been a while since I used my iPad with a keyboard, but I believe holding down the CMD key should show a list of keyboard commands. This is an OS feature so it should work across apps.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Diabolik900 posted:

It’s been a while since I used my iPad with a keyboard, but I believe holding down the CMD key should show a list of keyboard commands. This is an OS feature so it should work across apps.

Definitely zero commands popped up.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Progressive JPEG posted:

Came here to ask for this, so seconding... The smiley list as it is is unusable, there are way, way too many to scroll through if you're looking for a specific one.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

spankmeister posted:

Came here to ask for this, so seconding... The smiley list as it is is unusable, there are way, way too many to scroll through if you're looking for a specific one.

:tbear:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I hear the android app has a smiley search but I’ve never seen it so :shrug:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone