Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Full House was actually poo poo, but America's Funniest Home Videos was my childhood YouTube. RIP.
https://youtu.be/uNwJH6OjJtE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Echo Chamber posted:

Full House was actually poo poo, but America's Funniest Home Videos was my childhood YouTube. RIP.
https://youtu.be/uNwJH6OjJtE

okay but what if I told you

https://youtu.be/DOZ5dEiZYCo

e: the dukakis shirt on the keyboard player ahahahaha

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

one of the stories i remember Bob Saget told about his time with Norm MacDonald was on the latter's show when Bob recounted being tricked into thinking their tow truck driver wanted an autograph lmao

speaking of, one of the gags i liked in kimmy schmidt was titus taking the mic and asking everyone to stand for the national anthem and he just sings the chorus from the America's Funniest Home Videos theme song

it took me a few seconds after the scene ended to realize what he was singing and i remember getting a good laugh outta that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

okay but what if I told you

https://youtu.be/DOZ5dEiZYCo

e: the dukakis shirt on the keyboard player ahahahaha

this is fascinating lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I went to high school with the Olson twins lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Smythe posted:

w👀w!!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Smythe posted:

f

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i just googled their net worth and it's shockingly similar compared to like fifteen years ago. in their tax bracket it's basically impossible not to make money so i wonder what they're blowing it on

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

i say swears online posted:

i just googled their net worth and it's shockingly similar compared to like fifteen years ago. in their tax bracket it's basically impossible not to make money so i wonder what they're blowing it on

heath ledger sex dolls and massive amounts of coke

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a new show called repair shop on discovery where the damaged commodity is magically repaired without explanation

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i just learned that chloe zhaos first two feature length movies were about native americans which puts a potentially interesting spin on her allegedly romantic depiction of rural poverty in nomadland

Serf
May 5, 2011

today i decided to rewatch "django unchained". still just as good imo and probably leo dicaprio's best performance. its sad that only someone as powerful as tarantino can get squibs and blood packs anymore, the violence in that movie is glorious. just completely over the top. the part where he shoots candie's sister and the actor is just yanked offscreen on wires is cartoonish and i love it

then i watched "wind river" on my brother's recommendation. its a 2017 murder mystery/thriller starring jeremy renner and elizabeth olsen and it rules. there's no fat on the movie, it loving goes. the movie also ends with a shootout that is instead understated and brutal. the movie as a whole is very stark and looks at the ugly realities of life on a native american reservation, using the distance of two outsiders as a buffer. i particularly enjoyed the way the movie inventively segued into a flashback scene with great editing flourish

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

i say swears online posted:

They've shifted their profits into bitcoin, and now NFTs. The timeline matches up pretty well.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Serf posted:

then i watched "wind river" on my brother's recommendation. its a 2017 murder mystery/thriller starring jeremy renner and elizabeth olsen and it rules. there's no fat on the movie, it loving goes. the movie also ends with a shootout that is instead understated and brutal. the movie as a whole is very stark and looks at the ugly realities of life on a native american reservation, using the distance of two outsiders as a buffer. i particularly enjoyed the way the movie inventively segued into a flashback scene with great editing flourish

the writer/director has an good portfolio: sicario 1/2 script, hell or high water, yellowstone, mayor of kingstown

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Smythe posted:

they got into the drop-ship game and won big, now have own bougie label

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Doctor Jeep posted:

the writer/director has an good portfolio: sicario 1/2 script, hell or high water, yellowstone, mayor of kingstown

hell or high water is so goddam good and I hate that my shifty former coworker turned me on to it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Smythe posted:

penny is a manic depressive addict living at uncle gadgets house while on parole and fresh out of rehab for cybercrimes under the supervision of her cop uncle. brain a boston dynamics style robot dog which she enhances with illegal ai compute modules. in the opening scene (in media res) agents of MAD brutalize the entire family to stop gadgets (not yet a cyborg) investigation into the organization.

the first episode of inspector gadget takes place during the winter olympics so i would like to stay true to this lore. mix bladerunner with robocop.

pretty sure grimdark inspector gadget is literally already robocop. or adam jensen.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

pretty sure grimdark inspector gadget is literally already robocop. or adam jensen.

“I didn’t ask for this” I solemnly state while blankly looking out my noire blinds as a giant novelty slinky launches out of my nose with a loud “bwoing”.
“Go Go Gadget ennui” I say to no one in particular.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is completely unable to find the gay guy in ridiculous 6 on the internet

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

galagazombie posted:

“I didn’t ask for this” I solemnly state while blankly looking out my noire blinds as a giant novelty slinky launches out of my nose with a loud “bwoing”.
“Go Go Gadget ennui” I say to no one in particular.

there's a scene where he showers in the second game and i don't know not seeing his Boston dynamics hooves trumping around a tub basin is so funny

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Robert cop is a cop not a detective big difference

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i saw something earlier about movie posters

when did the era of hand-drawn posters (or at least art-posters) go away and get replaced by generic actors standing around with maybe a photoshop?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hahahahaha

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

[dasharezone voice] yeah I'm MI6

Missin'
I actually bought one before work
6 pack of beer

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Actually Daniel Craig is a stone cold badass, and 007 is still the best action hero around.

Here's a list of ten reasons why: (click past this ad for reason #10)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Connery era James Bond mentions that the Beatles are unlistenable. My canon is that's because he knows they were an op by an inferior american spy agency.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

indigi posted:

I’m surprised Cruise would lower himself to being part of the MCU

vyelkin posted:

He was going to be the tentpole of the Dark Monster Mummy Universe, I don't think his standards are that high
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1jg5YlQuT8

etalian posted:

Edge of Tomorrow was a great role, once again a rear end in a top hat character role or the hilarious scene how he ends the time loop early with a shocking suicide.
There was a short period of time when Tom Cruise was constantly ending his scifi movies with suicide bombings

Xaris posted:

when did the era of hand-drawn posters (or at least art-posters) go away and get replaced by generic actors standing around with maybe a photoshop?
As soon as photoshop made it easier to just collage actual photos instead of hand-draw things, so sometime in the 90s

https://www.pastemagazine.com/movies/posters/the-best-movie-posters-of-the-past-100-years/#1987-full-metal-jacket

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this movie poster list is great and reminds me how much spike jonze just silently owned the oughts in so many ways, i hoot and holler his name all the time and one day I'll be vindicated

Serf
May 5, 2011

Doctor Jeep posted:

that dude seems to be on a real hot streak. old people loving love yellowstone and i'm even hearing a lot about that mayor of kingstown show too

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The United States posted:

As soon as photoshop made it easier to just collage actual photos instead of hand-draw things, so sometime in the 90s

https://www.pastemagazine.com/movies/posters/the-best-movie-posters-of-the-past-100-years/#1987-full-metal-jacket

i mean it doesn't' necessary need to be hand drawn per se, but anything besides just some lazy photographs of a couple actors standing around or like any of the marvel posters look like poo poo. like there's prob a ton of starving LA artists who'd take an easy payment of $500 to make something good instead of bad. but yeah probably 90s -- not that it really matters that much

those are v good. metropolis is goty

like this is cool

this looks like generic poo poo. oo blue / orange aa

Xaris has issued a correction as of 13:49 on Jan 10, 2022

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/NewsHour/status/1480434260435775494

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Serf posted:

that dude seems to be on a real hot streak. old people loving love yellowstone and i'm even hearing a lot about that mayor of kingstown show too

If you really want to be famous you could just start a twitter campaign to cancel Yellowstone because of something insane only an imagined liberal strawman would be upset about : ie not enough trans squirrels on screen or something of that nature

Within 3 hours Fox News hosts would be baying for your blood and within 6 hours white guys with reflector sunglasses would be making threatening rambling selfie videos about you in the front seat of their cars

Serf
May 5, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

If you really want to be famous you could just start a twitter campaign to cancel Yellowstone because of something insane only an imagined liberal strawman would be upset about : ie not enough trans squirrels on screen or something of that nature

Within 3 hours Fox News hosts would be baying for your blood and within 6 hours white guys with reflector sunglasses would be making threatening rambling selfie videos about you in the front seat of their cars

i spent roughly 2 years mixing yellowstone up with longmire. they look like exactly the same show. but then i found out my parents love it and someone mentioned it on a work call and literally every person over the age of 40 couldn't stop gushing about it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Xaris posted:

i mean it doesn't' necessary need to be hand drawn per se, but anything besides just some lazy photographs of a couple actors standing around or like any of the marvel posters look like poo poo. like there's prob a ton of starving LA artists who'd take an easy payment of $500 to make something good instead of bad. but yeah probably 90s -- not that it really matters that much

those are v good. metropolis is goty

like this is cool

this looks like generic poo poo. oo blue / orange aa

https://www.businessinsider.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-poster-contest-2015-10

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

fresh prince of bel air gritty reboot (tv-ma)......... whyyyy

https://twitter.com/MatthewACherry/status/1480545643349241857

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Because we really need to answer why he don't love him man

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

uncle Phil should be played by Eric Andre don't @ me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tyler perry is about the right size now

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I feel like I should have known this show was still going, but... how?

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1480602782709202956?s=20

this renewal puts it one season away from matching OG Law and Order (which I guess is coming back in '22 lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

fresh prince of bel air gritty reboot (tv-ma)......... whyyyy

https://twitter.com/MatthewACherry/status/1480545643349241857

a couple years ago some fan made a cool concept trailerfor this that got some buzz and he then proceeded hit up will smith until they gave him a whole show.

good for dude but yeah that looks like rear end

double negative has issued a correction as of 20:27 on Jan 10, 2022