Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DanielCross posted:

Honestly, chat is being super supportive of the guy, they all seem happy for a super-chill late-night run, I don't think they'd mind if the host just read donos or even kept quiet.

Yeah, now that they're finding a rhythm I can dig it. The start was awkward silence so thick it was giving me flashbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

#justgoodjumps

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

After the out-of-bounds fuckery of the last two runs it was nice to have a pure skill run.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I like how the game has gold medal challenge timers and in every single level they get beaten by almost half the total time. And there are no exploits or weird out of bounds poo poo, it's just good jumps.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

HOP! HOP! WHOO!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
orb

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I did watch the Mega Man 2 run while slouching on the couch last night and that was awesome, recommended for re-viewing for sure. Even if you know Mega Man 2 in and out and even if it's a mainstay of these events.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
never seen Antichamber speedrun but it is a wild experience to play through casually

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

elentar posted:

never seen Antichamber speedrun but it is a wild experience to play through casually

The game broke my brain first time I played it. Amazing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Oh no he's referencing things on his facecam! Adjust the template!"

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ORBs literally everywhere

This is one of those games that looks like I would be confused as hell with

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I've played Antichamber and even then this run is absolutely inscrutable.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
tryin to stay up for actraiser, hope it's cool

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Ah, of course, it was so simple to escape "the chase" simply by ????? ????? ????, a shame it took so many tries.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Everytime I watch a speedrun for this I feel even stupider

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TeaJay posted:

This is one of those games that looks like I would be confused as hell with

That's by design. Actual casual play of Antichamber is a game of getting hopelessly lost, finding things by accident, and slowly figuring out how the world works. Pretty much every room he went to can just stump you until you have an idea, but it's a game that encourages exploration rather than getting walled by something. You might not even realize there's something there to stump you until another room makes a connection somewhere.

If you go in trying to power your way to 100% on some sort of time limit it'll probably break most people, but as a discovery game it's amazing to play with. Like, even it being a puzzle game rather than a place to just wander around is kinda hidden, there's a lot of places to explore before finding the gun that lets you interact in more ways than looking at things.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'M STILL IN A DREAM, SNAKE EATER

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TeaJay posted:

I'M STILL IN A DREAM, SNAKE EATER

It's a beautiful parody song that stays good because it's delivered straight and lets the parody come from the context.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
i forgot how deeply silly this Judge Dredd game is, especially the soundtrack, perfect 90s artifact

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Greetings from Germany!

Traviktox is the WR holder for both any% and 100% btw. (I learned that from the Gami widget!)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

You all weren't kidding, that Mega Man 2 run was great! :cheersbird:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Dredd was nice and fast.

We have a japanese runner for Bust-a-move 4, and they actually got WR just 3 days ago by a lot, so maybe there's something new discovered here? (or just optimizing it very well)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
What's that background audio...

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Man is playing for his drat life.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I loved the commentator comment about the most relaxing puzzle game ever when poshi is so frantic

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Everything is fine until it's not

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

drat this is intense.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

god this is stressful why did I decide to fall asleep to this

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Going to have to catch most runs later thanks to good old work during most of the marathon, but at least will be able to see the last two days uninterrupted. Least it sounds like things have been off to a good start. Have been enjoying this surprisingly tense run though.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Calm commentator BF / Stressed having the worst time of their life BF

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Some of those shots poshi is making are absolutely mental.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
If any runs hit eh during the AM may i recommend live sumo as a distraction? The January basho is on and day two just finished. I switched over during the Ruin run and big beefy men slapping meat to lawn bowls commentary was a vast improvement.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
time to praise em and raise em

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Some of these jumps are just... :stare:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That was a great run by aquas, a near perfect RNG-wise

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Actraiser is such a fuckin cool game

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Beyond Oasis looks sick.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I had no idea there was a PC version. I played this on the Megadrive and the sequel on Saturn

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Those are some intense death screams from the enemy knights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Beyond Oasis has some of the best spritework of the 16-bit era. It's crazy to think that this game is running on a MegaDrive.