Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
This snake is cool.

e: why are there traps that are just spikes on rickety wheels lol

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The runner said he won't be talking much (due to him being estonian (?) and having english as his second language) but he's been getting into it pretty well and still gives fun commentary

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Gunstar Heroes owns so hard, just a shame we never get to see all the various gun mods.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Dagron is such a wizard of speedrunning.

Also JIM

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beyond Oasis and Phantasy Star IV were why a friend of mine was a ride or die genesis kid and frankly, yeah, theyre dope

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Some good faces in that game.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just came on and possibly my favourite game of all time! Glad to see they're using the official BEST WEAPON IN THE GAME

I've played Gunstar Heroes enough to know that there is a lot of praying involved in Black's Dice Palace. I can almost complete the game on Expert reliably in one shot. I say almost because stage 6 always fucks me up.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Artelier posted:

Just came on and possibly my favourite game of all time! Glad to see they're using the official BEST WEAPON IN THE GAME

I've played Gunstar Heroes enough to know that there is a lot of praying involved in Black's Dice Palace. I can almost complete the game on Expert reliably in one shot. I say almost because stage 6 always fucks me up.

Chaser lightning is the best weapon even if not speedrun viable

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat, the worst dice RNG

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Bye bye!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

THE WAY BACK

Lid posted:

Chaser lightning is the best weapon even if not speedrun viable

It wasn't when I used to pick the run and gun mode instead of the stay in one spot mode!

(That's my fault, shhhhh)

Tbh sometimes I switch to lightsabre just for stage 6, I'm really bad at the (gimmick change spoiler) space section.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Oh Orange last? I normally pick him second or third because Green can be quite brutal on Expert.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Its the best for ryn and gun so long as you dont end up targeting a static object like a crate as it makes you able to easily focus on movement especially during Green's many many phases

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

hey m bison

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

My hands hurt from even watching Dagron rotate that d-pad

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Ohhh Orange last as a breather stage, makes sense

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

YES OUTTHROW THE THROWMAN

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Our boy Vicas is up soon!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yo is that Vicas from here?

And Environmental Station Alpha is Hempuli too!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It might be the best metroidvania style game most people never played.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yo that's Vicas and Serene!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Let's go Vicas

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's actually refreshing to have the commentator in the same room as the runner.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Real Vicas Hours

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Let's gooo vicas!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Geop!

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

vike-us

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
I lost my dad to cancer super recently so now I'm just wildly oscillating between having fun times watching streamers go fast and uncontrollably crying.

I like to think in my own small way I'm helping by doing a speedrun of all the emotions.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SomeKindofVerb posted:

I lost my dad to cancer super recently so now I'm just wildly oscillating between having fun times watching streamers go fast and uncontrollably crying.

I like to think in my own small way I'm helping by doing a speedrun of all the emotions.

Sorry for your loss. But, maybe hearing about people having similar stories will help you and watching some people who also have similar experiences do some fun speedruns too.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Sorry for your loss. But, maybe hearing about people having similar stories will help you and watching some people who also have similar experiences do some fun speedruns too.

Thank you, I appreciate this. It has all been quite cathartic so far, if not a little difficult. I'm managing about as well as can be expected, I just needed to verbalise my feelings a little I think. :)

Would getting drunk count as a Tool Assisted Speedrun for doing all the emotions? Hmm...

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Part time UFO seems like a great concept

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

TeaJay posted:

Part time UFO seems like a great concept

Its a dangerously cute game.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

SomeKindofVerb posted:

Thank you, I appreciate this. It has all been quite cathartic so far, if not a little difficult. I'm managing about as well as can be expected, I just needed to verbalise my feelings a little I think. :)

Would getting drunk count as a Tool Assisted Speedrun for doing all the emotions? Hmm...

Five and a half years ago I lost a kid and my father during / just after SGDQ2016; one to brain cancer, the other to multiple sclerosis. poo poo sucks and goons are good. It is okay to not be okay, and it'll get different with time even though it may not seem so now.

Watch some fun games, partake in some energy, send me a PM if you want. Be kind to you.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Why did I not know about Part Time UFO until now?!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"I speedrun Hamtaro games"

"In this stage, we are stacking 10 hamsters!"

And one of them fell so we had to do it again

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

This theme song is definitely going to be stuck in my head all day after this run.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Part Time UFO is so good, and I am so bad at it

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Part Time UFO loving owns, and the music is going to be living in my head rent-free for eternity.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Stacking sumo wrestlers, nice

This is going on my recs list for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This game is very, very good. If you don't have Switch it's on mobile too!