Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He died furiously masturbating with a used pair of women’s panties crammed down his throat, obstructing his airway.

Whomst among us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

kalel posted:

I vaguely remember him being involved in some controversy but all I could find is that he groped the doll they used to stand in for the Olsen twins when they weren't available, got any deets?

He was very credibly not accused by Gilbert Gottfried at a ceremony held for Mr. Saget. Specifically, he raped and murdered someone in 1990.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

infernal machines posted:

Whomst among us?

I haven’t died from it…. yet.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Man in his 60s in Florida, I wouldn't be surprised if it was covid.

my bad bob! bet you wish it had been drugs i guess!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Carradine Retirement is a safe bet

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Saw Macbeth. Denzel is great. The stapler guy from office space was in it for about 45 seconds. Dudley from Harry Potter is in there too.
The witches were really well done.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Very interesting decision by Bill Hader to give a career low performance in the new season of curb your enthusiasm.

Edit: three career low performances in the same episode technically.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

reignofevil posted:

Just found out Uncle Jesse and Uncle Joey weren't even blood relatives. A foundation built on lies can never stand.

It's full house, not full home

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

priznat posted:

I feel like that was the case too but as the web content farms mercilessly crushed old media it eventually got actual legitimacy.

It’s an incredibly dumb metric though because it automatically skews towards higher aggregate scores just by how it converts a subjective review into “positive” or “negative”.
The whole point is to figure out which movie currently in theaters is most broadly considered at least "ok" to the critics and thus which movie will be the most broadly acceptable to your diverse group of coworkers and/or chums when deciding which movie to see. At least, this was the idea before the dark times, before the pandemic.

This breaks down a bit when it comes to indie movies that are only watched by critics who will like that type of movie, but those movies are unlikely to be playing on your 20+ screen megamegamultiplex anyway.

If you just want a pure critical aggregate, Metacritic exists for that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Egon was worse. And did worse. And was worse bc the actor was dead.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

egon is a real ghost? now he must bust himself

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Why didn’t he get sucked up into all the proton packs in the crop field at the end of GB:A like the rest of the ghosts in the town did?

Also when Girl Egon phoned the number from the commercial why didn’t the call go to the old firehouse which Dan Ackroyd said was now a Starbucks?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Why didn’t he get sucked up into all the proton packs in the crop field at the end of GB:A like the rest of the ghosts in the town did?

Also when Girl Egon phoned the number from the commercial why didn’t the call go to the old firehouse which Dan Ackroyd said was now a Starbucks?

Shut up and finish your slop!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p74bzf-beGc

finally something to look forward to

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LanceHunter posted:

Being the Ricardos mini-review:

This would have been Studio 60-level poo poo if it weren't for Javier Bardem's eeking out an amazing performance from a dogshit script. (Nicole Kidman was fine, but couldn't elevate herself above the Sorkin-ness of it all.) I think Sorkin knows exactly 2 ways to make people seem smart on screen, and once you figure them out you'll see that he just does them over and over. One of those tricks is to have something wildly stupid ingrained in the situation, have all the other characters treat it as completely normal, and then have the "genius" character point out that it's stupid and fix it, blowing everyone away.

The most egregious example of this was when Lucy was re-blocking the dining room scene. Somehow, in defiance of how every dining scene is shown in the history of depicted art since at least the Last Supper, Fred & Ethel's would be seating with their single chair between the audience and the table, and thus they would have their backs to the audience. Lucy realizes that they need to instead move their seat to the other side of the table, like staged productions have been doing since theatre was invented. This is treated as proof of her keen intellect.

The only reason I like Steve Jobs so much is Sorkin's obnoxious dialogue is perfect for such a massive shithead.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Hell yes

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

This looks p good ngl

Lmaoing at the Willie E. Coyote "painting on the wall" trap holy poo poo

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Landline phone numbers are connected to people's accounts, not a permanent fixture of the building. Plenty of poo poo wrong with this trash without getting hung up on telephone number ownership.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is gonna be the best movie of 2022 :allears:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Looks awesome. That picture of the road on canvass looks amazingly real.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

This looks so loving bad

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1480536689013579779?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/RobertPicardo/status/1480311272486752261?s=20

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

This is where we were standing when I got the news.

About Carlton-

Dying of AIDS. Yes.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

How did it go from being a wholesome 90's sitcom to...whatever this is?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

~prestige tv~

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm actually hyped

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Will Smith is crazy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Gutcruncher posted:

~prestige tv~

What bothered me the most about that trailer is the line from Uncle Phil about 'why do we need to save this boy.'

In the sitcom, Uncle Phil gave Will a lot of tough love and wasn't afraid to put his foot down and give him a kick in the rear end. But he never once questioned whether Will needed to be saved or whatever. He did it because Will is family and it was the right thing to do. It feels like a serious change for the worse to Phil's personality.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The actor that's playing Will made a "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air but a drama" clip and Will Smith liked it so much he's executive producing it

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

What bothered me the most about that trailer is the line from Uncle Phil about 'why do we need to save this boy.'

In the sitcom, Uncle Phil gave Will a lot of tough love and wasn't afraid to put his foot down and give him a kick in the rear end. But he never once questioned whether Will needed to be saved or whatever. He did it because Will is family and it was the right thing to do. It feels like a serious change for the worse to Phil's personality.

This is actually a good point however.

Though I have to say that in the original when Uncle Phil was frustrated with Will, Vivian (when she had a character) had to reassure Phil that it was going to be for the best to really keep trying with Will, kinda like that bit in the trailer.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 10, 2022

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Nobody involved with this is, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, respect to old show. They are going to pave over it with dour "makes you think ohh so cereal" prestige RV garbage. Smith is out of touch and doesn't know poo poo about anything which is why you get poo poo like After Earth.
They don't know why people like the original show and there is zero chance this one sticks around. My guess is another After Earth where everyone goes 'the gently caress is this'

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

remake all old sitcoms as prestige TV, why not.
Happy Days but as black Americans experienced the 50s
I dream of Jeannie but she's the Wishmaster

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

love how they made this family even more disgustingly loving rich lol. Phillip Banks was a pretty well off dude in the sitcom but here he has loving Epstein-level money

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The old show is going to live in my hard drive heart forever

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

bitterandtwisted posted:

That's not a bad idea. I think Good Times is kinda close to a Happy Days but for black Americans. It even has a guy shouting catchphrases.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

bitterandtwisted posted:

Bewitched but set during the 1980s "Satanic Panic" days, with the nosy neighbor Kravitzes replaced by some hardcore Southern Baptist types who have televangelists on their TV 24/7

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Because of Riverdale's success, I wouldn't doubt that almost any old IP can be made into a trashy soap opera and be a huge hit.

Because of Will Smith's heavy involvement and the origins as an internet meme, I doubt this is going to work.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I have some concerns about a judge living in THAT mansion.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Season 2, Uncle Phil embroiled in a Cash 4 Kids style kickback scheme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

He was originally a hot shot lawyer who later ran for office. That must have been a huge reduction in pay though.

PostNouveau posted:

Season 2, Uncle Phil embroiled in a Cash 4 Kids style kickback scheme

At this point, I would not be surprised if there's a storyline where Uncle Phil is a crook.