Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
"Geoffrey, break out Lucille"

Geoffrey pulls out a sawed off shotgun and blows the pool hustler

"NOBODY FUCKS WITH BIG BANKSY"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

bitterandtwisted posted:

I dream of Jeannie but she's the Wishmaster

I could get behind that. A bubbly situational comedy where all the wishes start out well meaning but result in body horror madness.

Every episodes ends with a "Oh that Jeannie!" and a wink at the camera as a misshapen former human begs for the release of death.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

X JAKK posted:

"Geoffrey, break out Lucille"

"NOBODY FUCKS WITH BIG BANKSY"

See if after the series ended you were gonna do a fresh prince movie, this would be the way to do it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

X JAKK posted:

Are shotguns somehow involved in oral sex? Have I been doing it wrong?

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

They recreate the Carlton screaming through the set scene but Will really did bash the girl with a rock.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

He was originally a hot shot lawyer who later ran for office. That must have been a huge reduction in pay though.

at a certain point of wealth your work is not your primary income stream, but at that point it's :thermidor: time

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jose Oquendo posted:

He was originally a hot shot lawyer who later ran for office. That must have been a huge reduction in pay though.

At this point, I would not be surprised if there's a storyline where Uncle Phil is a crook.

The episode where Will accidentally uncovers bribery except it’s Uncle Phil giving the speech about how bribery is good and everyone does it

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
"You see Will, when you're on these boards you can select which voters are in your district."

"I dunno Uncle Phil, doesn't that mean that instead of having a government people want we just get a government that you want?"

"I don't think you get how the real world works."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gutcruncher posted:

The episode where Will accidentally uncovers bribery except it’s Uncle Phil giving the speech about how bribery is good and everyone does it

Carlton and Will accidentally spill coffee on Uncle Phil's Federalist Society keynote address and have to try to rewrite it by watching Ben Shapiro videos.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Will Smith suffers from "I'm a famous celebrity so after 30 years of everybody kissing my rear end 24/7 and never hearing the word NO it is impossible for me to determine up from down"

You see it all the time *gestures towards the G Lucas*

Personally, I don't care about Will Smith one way or the other, or Jada Pinkett, but for the love of god we don't need breaking news stories and headlines about their sex lives every 6 weeks. That's a huge symptom of "I'm a famous celebrity and after decades of 10/10 models throwing themselves at me every time I leave the house, my ego thinks every bodily function down to a fart should be placed in a jar and then in a museum" disease.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Watched Family Guy, I feel like its directly targeting the demographic of aging hipsters that are desperately trying to remain influential in internet youth culture. Lois gets buff and Stewie becomes sexually attracted to her and Peter gets hit in the balls and gets a high pitched voice so he sings in the church choir, and this feels like an amalgamation of the deleted scenes from 2 episodes they have definitely done before with these exact same loving plots at some point. It has... moments, which are kinda funny if you are really loving high and cant think full thoughts, but this pig needs to be put out to pasture.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

isnt stewie the baby

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I like will smith but in that way of an old friend watching their high school buddy trying desperately to reclaim the spotlight. he's full of himself and probably has some loving weird ideas in the way that celebrities always seem to e.g. scientology or energy crystals or whatever... but he seems like a decent guy who loves his kids and his wife and probably isn't a serial pedophile rapist

in Hollywood in tyool 2022, funding some random dude's passion project or giving your kid the opportunity to follow in your footsteps career-wise is extremely low on the list of possible sins. and you know what? I liked after earth. I was a hell of a lot more entertained by it than pretty much any comic book film

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

reignofevil posted:

This is where we were standing when I got the news.

About Carlton-

Dying of AIDS. Yes.

Was Carlton in a gay relationship with Cornflake?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Family Guy is only really good anymore in those little microdose cut-aways that hit some esoteric thing perfectly. Like ordering a salad from a pizza place

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Space Kablooey posted:

isnt stewie the baby

stewie is indeed the baby, and he's hot for his mom because she looks like a man

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kalel posted:

and you know what? I liked after earth. I was a hell of a lot more entertained by it than pretty much any comic book film

:eyepoop:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

kalel posted:

and you know what? I liked after earth.

I admire your bravery here after my own death on the hill of DOOM.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Remember that window of a few years when Family Guy was canceled?

Ahhhh. Bliss.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

https://i.imgur.com/64UIlPB.mp4

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
kalelno

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ban

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Aardvark! posted:

Don't think we've forgotten about that you loving weirdo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Why god why

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Family guy sucks, sucked previously, and will continue to suck in the future. I hate that fuckin show and its brand of non-comedy via references.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat posted:

Family guy sucks, sucked previously, and will continue to suck in the future. I hate that fuckin show and its brand of non-comedy via references.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the future is family guy calling back to itself... forever

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mozi posted:

the future is family guy calling back to itself... forever

They had an episode where they use Stewie's time machine (btw Stewie has a time machine) to go back to the pilot episode

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The weirdest thing about the Fresh Prince reboot is that it's even more somber and serious than the "Fresh Prince as a drama" fan-trailer. That had at least a few lighthearted moments.

Also, it feels like there's a lot of playing into Will Smith's ego with the way they've updated things from the trailer to make him even more important. Now he's not a kid who happened to be carrying a gun, he fires into the air in the middle of a crowd. Now it's not that his mom wants to take him out of that environment, it's that he is being chased by a killer. I mean, it might turn out to be good, but it's looking less and less likely now.

Fortunately, it's on Peacock, so it's no like anyone will see it.

EDIT:

PostNouveau posted:

They had an episode where they use Stewie's time machine (btw Stewie has a time machine) to go back to the pilot episode

That was in season 10, which is over a decade ago now.

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 10, 2022

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

I'm not afraid to be me anymore. gently caress the haters (admittedly I saw it exactly once in the theatre and I missed the first five minutes)

jesus that's dire

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

dude these guys fell for malignant hyping itself as some kind of zany film only cool kids will get

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gutcruncher posted:

Remember that window of a few years when Family Guy was canceled?

Ahhhh. Bliss.

Remember when they announced that Family Guy would be coming back, and we were all excited for new episodes?

Be careful what you wish for.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Regarde Aduck posted:

dude these guys fell for malignant hyping itself as some kind of zany film only cool kids will get

Wtf are you talking about?

It just showed up on hbo max and we all loved it

Sorry your dumb brain has you writing fanfiction about goons

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not a fan of the "malignant was good" joke going around, some impressionable mind might decide to watch it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

not a fan of the "malignant was good" joke going around, some impressionable mind might decide to watch it

Yeah I hated to be a killjoy on it but it was real bad, lol.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

for any impressionable minds reading this: do watch it

bad

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 10, 2022

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
In order to properly appreciate the depth and complexities of the themes woven throughout Malignant, it is important to begin with a refresher in the basics of early 19th-century philosophy of the self. Immanuel Kant, in his doctrine of transcendental idealism, argued that space and time are mere "forms of intuition" which structure all experience, and therefore that while "things-in-themselves" exist and contribute to experience, they are nonetheless distinct from the objects of experience. The parallels between this line of reasoning and Madison's captivity within Gabriel's illusions are obvious, and the ending of the film is a clear nod to Kant's belief in the possibility of a priori cognition of sensory objects.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mozi posted:

In order to properly appreciate the depth and complexities of the themes woven throughout Malignant, it is important to begin with a refresher in the basics of early 19th-century philosophy of the self. Immanuel Kant, in his doctrine of transcendental idealism, argued that space and time are mere "forms of intuition" which structure all experience, and therefore that while "things-in-themselves" exist and contribute to experience, they are nonetheless distinct from the objects of experience. The parallels between this line of reasoning and Madison's captivity within Gabriel's illusions are obvious, and the ending of the film is a clear nod to Kant's belief in the possibility of a priori cognition of sensory objects.

is this going to be in the test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The end of Malignant is enjoyable and crazy but I legit had to put it on 1.5x speed for the bulk of the movie and I've never done that before.