Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i didn't get either reference bc i guess i'm uncultured swine. but the uranium thing makes more sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

Isn't it also in reference to 'uranium enrichment', part of the whole NK scare?

not an also lol thats just it

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

FireWorksWell posted:

I forgot how much I enjoyed the catfishing subplot in Antisocial Network.

Dylan: Um, a few months ago, my daughter Jamela bought a brand new computer, and she put it right here-
Mac: Speed up speed up speed up!!
Dylan: Um, okay, so, ever since Jerry got put on life support I have nothing but ti-
Mac: Whoa, slow down, slow down slow down!
Dee: Eww, I didn't see him there.

Girl: Can you keep a secret?
Mac: No.

That episode is great.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

This car drivers podcast is wild

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No Dignity posted:

This car drivers podcast is wild

So much parking talk on this rewatch podcast.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Gang have an earnest discussion about how to be a positive masculine role model through the case study of a drive-thru parking dispute

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

that in n out in westwood that mac brings up is a loving affront to society. the line doesn't just wrap around the block, it shuts down the whole section of downtown

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Imagine if the other driver had asked Rob for some chips

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

that in n out in westwood that mac brings up is a loving affront to society. the line doesn't just wrap around the block, it shuts down the whole section of downtown

i used to work and live near the in n out in hollywood. seeing cars in line for it just blocking the street and making it impossible to navigate is a joke. most every other in n out i've come across has a similar situation.

and it's really really not worth it bc the burgers are fine and the fries are god awful. but i can imagine that has potential to set a derail so just ignore me if you disagree!

aka cut that cut that cut that

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
im sure california has good cuisine but they just don't know how to make hamburgers or fries there

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

that's a lie

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

LA has awesome burger places all over but in n out isn't one of them. tommy's is much better, and there are plenty of high end places that are great.

also i loving scream-laughed at glenn asking rob if the rolls royce driver was in a top hat and tails. spoilered for people who want to listen to the podcast fresh.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
All the parking chat is great. We have chikfilas that have similar overflow drivethru issues and I just avoid the street entirely. Chikfila ain’t that good

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I love how the podcast is now completely off the rails and has devolved into this whole other car and parking related thing.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

they all live in LA and that's pretty much all we ever talk about here so that tracks

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I love how the podcast is now completely off the rails and has devolved into this whole other car and parking related thing.

This week's episode doesn't even pretend to be about an episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Always Sunny Road Rage Podcast.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I'm looking forward to elements of these not show convos somehow making into the show in the future.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I'm going to imagine the Rolls was driven by Larry David to make the story even better.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Road rage and outing whoever is late to the recording.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

dorium posted:

I'm looking forward to elements of these not show convos somehow making into the show in the future.

“Reynolds vs. Reynolds 2: The Column Defense”

“The Gang goes to The Hamburger Store”

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

SEIZE THE GAP

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I could definitely see the line cutting stuff getting into an episode but I'm not sure which would be funnier, the Gang doing the cutting or someone trying to cut on them.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

I could definitely see the line cutting stuff getting into an episode but I'm not sure which would be funnier, the Gang doing the cutting or someone trying to cut on them.

the gang are split into mac/dennis, frank/charlie etc. and they can't tell who's cutting. they both get out and it's the other half of the gang.

conversely, it's the mcpoyle's or something.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

ShoogaSlim posted:

the gang are split into mac/dennis, frank/charlie etc. and they can't tell who's cutting. they both get out and it's the other half of the gang.

I can't see poo poo! Why would you tint the inside of the windows???

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

ShoogaSlim posted:

the shushing guy

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

“Reynolds vs. Reynolds 2: The Column Defense”

“The Gang goes to The Hamburger Store”

"Mac gets his rear end beat in front of The Hamburger Store"

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
Charlie will be franks chauffeur in his new rolls Royce as well. Charlie also really needs to get his chips from the hamburger store.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
So is 'Mac Finds His Pride' still the only really heartfelt season sendoff the gang has had? Charlie's rant at his dead Dad was pretty heavy but they still finish off on a joke, like other times I can think of ('Dee Gives Birth', 'Dennis's Double Life', etc.).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mister Speaker posted:

So is 'Mac Finds His Pride' still the only really heartfelt season sendoff the gang has had? Charlie's rant at his dead Dad was pretty heavy but they still finish off on a joke, like other times I can think of ('Dee Gives Birth', 'Dennis's Double Life', etc.).

I think so yeah, there have been heartfelt moments on the show but Mac Finds his Pride is the only episode that does a 100% sincere emotional ending that it plays straight right to the finish. It's one of those rare times that one of the characters is treated with (and deserving of) respect and dignity.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

cheeeeesecake posted:

Charlie will be franks chauffeur in his new rolls Royce as well. Charlie also really needs to get his chips from the hamburger store.

I'm picturing it like the Married with Children episode where they spend the whole thing stuck on the freeway in traffic. The gang keeps getting cut off in line by new cars pulling in. Different members get out of the car for various reasons on little adventures. Maybe even to get food for themselves elsewhere. Potentially a fight here or there. It really is a great setup with a lot of potential. I know one thing, goons need a writing credit at this point.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 11, 2022

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

On a rewatch; can't believe I forgot about my favorite Dee line.

"If you don't have car insurance, you better have dental because I'm gonna smash your teeth into dust!"

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

ChesterJT posted:

I'm picturing it like the Married with Children episode where they spend the whole thing stuck on the freeway in traffic. The gang keeps getting cut off in line by new cars pulling in. Different members get out of the car for various reasons on little adventures. Maybe even to get food for themselves elsewhere. Potentially a fight here or there. It really is a great setup with a lot of potential. I know one thing, goons need a writing credit at this point.

LA (or I guess in-universe Philly) can't be that far away from a multi-day traffic jam like what happened in China, where they were stuck so long it actually turned into a little town with vendors lining the roadway selling supplies to people to take back to their houses cars.

vvv I had rewatched The Shield not too long before seeing that episode again and was surprised at how close he got.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 12, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Every so often I think about Dennis' CCH Pounder impersonation (as well as Dee's horrifying racist Obama impersonation):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRB8JKMExtc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYw33dKtWwA

It's incredible!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I love all the classic bits but to spread the love to the newer seasons
https://i.imgur.com/ryxEAAx.mp4

Broken Dennis still gets me going like a fool

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

His first line being "did I frighten you?" killed me.

The shift in body language Glenn puts on for just that scene, to sell his complete lack of confidence is the best example of why he's my favorite actor. I bet the outtakes were hilarious.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 12, 2022

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
They should bring Ben the soldier to the podcast.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Have just finished a rewatch of the series up to the current season, I feel like the gang could have done a more better job of pointing out that Dee is a bird.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

They should bring Ben the soldier to the podcast.

~*Two*~ wars?!?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Can't let any opportunity to post this pass me by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r85Q56k31FI