Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Have you considered that your perception of this stuff is a product of your culture and upbringing? To be clear: I am fairly certain everything you experience is 'real' in the literal sense, I'm meaning have you considered that what you see is your brain trying to parse the incomprehensible and the biblical imagery is just reference material?

yeah people's experiences have to influence the way they interpret things

for example i'm pretty sure i would never have seen an "old hag" during sleep paralysis if i had never heard those stories before

unless....

:skeltal: old hags and machine elves and shadow beings are real :goatdrugs: (its radar)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
reasonab,y sure aliens have been sending their under,inte (birds) to my apartment windows specifically to piss of my cats. it’s very funny so thank u radar

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

been watching the Apple alien TV show "Invasion"

it's not great can't recommend, thats OK I'll finish the last few episodes of that garbage anyway

what are some recent alien TV shows that are worth watching?

the expanse probably has the most plausible aliens on tv

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Solaris has always been the most realistic depiction of alien life

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

wondering how I can get a bird watchers tag.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
anime “sonny boy” explores in great detail the concept of reality as a matter of perception and the way we might interact with alien life should we gain access to the planes of existence on which they might live, and how our access to these planes might fundamentally alter our basic needs

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

PawParole posted:

wondering how I can get a bird watchers tag.

I'm afraid you'll need to buy it from the store, but if you see willing to kick Jeffrey $5, just put this in to the text area:

[***url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3967914][***img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/cspam-ufo.png[/img][/url]

Just take out the *** from each and it will render properly.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
the fool consider the squid, a singular consciousness of 8 brains and perceptive of things we cannot see, to be a mind most alien. the doofus thinks of a jumping spider, it’s brain reconfiguring itself dependent on the task, to be the strangest,,.

the true knowledge haver knows that the mind most different from ours on earth is the unfeeling yet addicted brain of the billionaires…

semper birds

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
you think enough time has passed to reveal the results of rv experiment #2 yet

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
I had a thing with the Hemi-sync a couple nights ago but forgot about it until now. I've only done them sporadically and didn't get very far(and mostly fallen asleep mid thing) but started over recently, figured I'd do them seriously instead of letting myself drift off.

Anyway I was kinda drifting away but not really towards sleep, still alert, but suddenly there was clear as vision but ethereal-like, a nuke-ish(but without the mushroom stem) "explosion" that went off, no sounds or anything but complex like fire and bright orange, maybe a tenth of my "vision" like it was very distant.

Unfortunately(maybe) it was just when the dude began speaking again so I kind of snapped out of it(or woke up from the twilight-zone of awake/sleep) and went "woah". Hoping I'll get to see it again, was cool.

Edit: Oh oh oh, this is my guess for the remote viewing. It's and orange/red hair tie

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 21:30 on Jan 10, 2022

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

before you do I SEE A PACKET OF SEEDS

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

lmfao in Control there's an audiolog early on, "Tomassi AWE: Report" and it's describing havana syndrome

also it has the most realistic meatspace interaction with an ET.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1QBKmr6BZ8

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

In the interests of remote viewing I have prepared another experiment. Please clear your mind and know I have a dresser with a potted plant on it, and other stuff. What else is there and what room doesn't matter.

Just now I placed something in the upper left drawer.

View remotely and when I call it post what you viewed, then I will reveal the truth. Probably will give it a day or two and in that time I won't open the drawer to add or remove anything.

I figure it's best to slam out all remote views at the end instead of accidentally cross contaminating things by posting too soon.

my brain was immediately stuck on something purple and amorphous, a figurine or koosh ball or something. Purple more than anything else and just a squiggly, soft shape

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

this is appropriate for other threads, too, but thinking about all of the unexplained sightings people have mentioned here and elsewhere, I'm pretty determined to make an all-sky camera that anyone can put together in less than half an hour for less than US$50 and just set and forget. now i just have to play the waiting game on the lenses i ordered from aliexpress. I might have to custom make a few parts, so i would definitely do a limited run Bird Watchers edition.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

silver hershey's kiss

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

a calculating device of some kind, like a hand calculator TI-83, or less likely an abacus or some kind of weighing device

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Yellow trojan condoms

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

it's a Pokémon card

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Announce a time with some notice so i can timestamp my homework before reveal lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I will take a pic and post it in 3 hours, unless someone objects

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

These are the guesses I did. It's scribbly garbage. I am aware; I just wanna see if any patterns i can detect within align at all w/ what sniper posts. I've had a few hits but a few misses too vOv

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

In the interests of remote viewing I have prepared another experiment. Please clear your mind and know I have a dresser with a potted plant on it, and other stuff. What else is there and what room doesn't matter.

Just now I placed something in the upper left drawer.

View remotely and when I call it post what you viewed, then I will reveal the truth. Probably will give it a day or two and in that time I won't open the drawer to add or remove anything.

I figure it's best to slam out all remote views at the end instead of accidentally cross contaminating things by posting too soon.

Do you feel me Sniper? Do you sense me looking over your left shoulder, feel my fingers tracing through the marrow in the bones of your neck? Can you feel the weight of my eyes as they look through yours?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Demilich posted:

Do you feel me Sniper? Do you sense me looking over your left shoulder, feel my fingers tracing through the marrow in the bones of your neck? Can you feel the weight of my eyes as they look through yours?

Look at you, astral projector: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you float through my multiverse. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal demiurge?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I see a medium sized vanity/chest. I don't see the mirror even though I keep trying to. It has many drawers. Inside the upper left, I see a smalll 3x4 portrait lying down at an angle, the color of the frame reminds me of seashells. I see a locket, and purple and white.

Sorry I had to speedrun this over the last 30 with the gateway tapes, I'm not at remote viewing yet and it's asking me to create energy tubes and a metal staff for energy channeling into cotton so I had to go with the flow.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

neutral milf hotel posted:

it's a Pokémon card

to expand

its something rectangular and... lumpy. but it's also flat, like it's a photograph of something. does it have a spring?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Slavvy posted:

Look at you, astral projector: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you float through my multiverse. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal demiurge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBncnfUAQdM

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 03:16 on Jan 11, 2022

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

*grunch*

A Chuck E Cheez game token

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

*grunch*

whoops forgot to spoiler but since I'm just saying whatever comes off the top of my head it should not be taken as a serious attempt to RV anyway

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The Demilich posted:

Slavvy posted:

yeah i was taking a poo poo too.

You're all wrong enough that i would call it a comprehensive miss across the board:

The object i put in was this piece of dry orange peel. At best i guess nmh got closest, but it's still so vague as to not be uh "actionable." Still a miss, but much closer, enough that it's kinda wierd.

BUT! Riot bimbo posted this:

Riot Bimbo posted:

These are the guesses I did. It's scribbly garbage. I am aware; I just wanna see if any patterns i can detect within align at all w/ what sniper posts. I've had a few hits but a few misses too vOv

lettuce zoom out

Hm, we did get some keyword yellow hits, coincidentally that green cup has some seeds in it, bla bla bla. Imo still no hits. I think that riot bimbo's submission is detailed enough to analyze it "adversarially" and build a case claiming non-psi leakage or cold reading or something.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

man I didn't even get the dresser right
but nice dresser

and lovely plant

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

also generous reading is maybe inconsequential objects do not have enough "energy" to feed off of for a reading
maybe it has to be somewhat significant objects

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

also generous reading is maybe inconsequential objects do not have enough "energy" to feed off of for a reading
maybe it has to be somewhat significant objects

i need these peels! I spent a lot of time curing them so i can use them when i make mead, that's why i have an enormous pile

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i didnt do any fancy remote viewing i just guessed that it was a book after i saw the first post about it

im not psychic forgive me radar i've failed

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Clearly we all got it wrong cause we were all looking at the wrong dresser.

Go to your other dressers and tell us what's in those ones lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

yeah if you have a white/grey dresser show me the top left drawer in that

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Rah! posted:

i didnt do any fancy remote viewing i just guessed that it was a book after i saw the first post about it

im not psychic forgive me radar i've failed

not psychic YET you mean. fanfic insert i guess was also pretty close, but... nah i'm judging this as all misses

GWBBQ posted:

this is appropriate for other threads, too, but thinking about all of the unexplained sightings people have mentioned here and elsewhere, I'm pretty determined to make an all-sky camera that anyone can put together in less than half an hour for less than US$50 and just set and forget. now i just have to play the waiting game on the lenses i ordered from aliexpress. I might have to custom make a few parts, so i would definitely do a limited run Bird Watchers edition.

also i don't want this getting lost i'd be interested to see how this plays out

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

*grunch*

hey my guess was small round flat and orangish

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the most extremely generous answer is that in the same place but a few years ago there was a different dresser there which had basically everything described in the top drawr (except the mitt romney dildo)

E: the cd in riot's pic is an interesting one imo

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 03:42 on Jan 11, 2022

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

except the mitt romney dildo

a likely story :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy