Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gynovore posted:

Holy poo poo, tie game going into OT!!

This ending was unironically as bad as watching the Falcons blow it.

e: eh maybe overselling it

Huxley fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Huxley posted:

This ending was unironically as bad as watching the Falcons blow it.

e: eh maybe overselling it

Should be ID's in the NFL

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It was amazing. If only Magic could ever be that exciting.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

apparently people are upset with the chargers head coach for taking a timeout that stopped the clock. they seriously thought the raiders were going for the tie there... and then decided not to because of a timeout called?

i think that's the first time in my life i've seen people rooting for the tie. it was a fun game to watch (the replay anyways)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Strong Sauce posted:

apparently people are upset with the chargers head coach for taking a timeout that stopped the clock. they seriously thought the raiders were going for the tie there... and then decided not to because of a timeout called?

So what was the the purpose of that timeout? It was basically an invite to go for more yards on the following play and get in FG position.

I have no investment with any of the teams involved but I'm furious that we were both denied a strategic tie AND a 32-32 scorigami.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

more leaks.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I don't know if it's constructed playable but soulripper seems to pair nicely with decks that can make a cheap supply of decay zombies.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
A boggles upgrade. loving sweet.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sickening posted:

A boggles upgrade. loving gross

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sickening posted:

A boggles upgrade. loving sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTdxPliBdZs

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

YggdrasilTM posted:

more leaks.

Would enchantment creatures trigger that Kami?

Also Light Eyes looks pretty cool, probably worth shoving a couple of those in a Historic Auras deck.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Mat Cauthon posted:

Also Light Eyes looks pretty cool, probably worth shoving a couple of those in a Historic Auras deck.

Yes. Light paws seems like it’s the more powerful of the two. I am goin to run 1 or 2 in bogles with a single copy of alpha authority. Fun will be had.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Light-Paws does seem to allow for some nutty turns in Auras, although it becomes less useful as you have more of your auras out and limit your options. It does mean the WB version of the deck works nicely with it though, as things like Mire's Grasp often go to the yard right after being used. Don't know how I'd make space, maybe drop a Sram or two just because he's also a legendary.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mat Cauthon posted:

Yes. An enchantment creature is still an enchantment.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Light-Paws does seem to allow for some nutty turns in Auras, although it becomes less useful as you have more of your auras out and limit your options. It does mean the WB version of the deck works nicely with it though, as things like Mire's Grasp often go to the yard right after being used. Don't know how I'd make space, maybe drop a Sram or two just because he's also a legendary.

Well its a cool design because while your opponent can respond to the trigger, once you search you get to attach. It leads to some fun aura 1 of tooling. I feel like its more powerful than sram , but the legendary is a real concern.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

can't wait to stick light paws directly into my sram Commander deck

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

kalel posted:

:hmmyes:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Though I believe the correct phrasing is, "This will go great in my Sram commander deck!"

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

more leaks.

This really shows how important the vehicle frame is because it just looks like a regular creature until you get to Crew 2

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Barry Shitpeas posted:

This really shows how important the vehicle frame is because it just looks like a regular creature until you get to Crew 2

And there is the issue of "is this card black?". I haven't played much when the color of a vehicle would matter, but I assume the answer is no, its just a colorless artifact creature.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Sickening posted:

And there is the issue of "is this card black?". I haven't played much when the color of a vehicle would matter, but I assume the answer is no, its just a colorless artifact creature.

It’s black because it has black mana in its cost, like how you determine the color of every other card (unless they have no mana cost and are have the identity marker).

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
No, it has black in the casting cost so it's a black artifact creature. It might not mean anything, outside of commander, unless they reprint something like Doom Blade. It might work well with some Silverquill since they have no end of disposable 2/1s they can tap to crew and then sac.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

kalel posted:

Yep, “directly into a Commander deck” was my first reaction as well.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
What's the flavor of soulripper, it's clearly not an actual vehicle right? Does it need to rip someone's soul a lite bit to do anything which is what the crew cost represents? Just feels off.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Owlbear Camus posted:

I don't know if it's constructed playable but soulripper seems to pair nicely with decks that can make a cheap supply of decay zombies.

Yeah seems to go really well with Jadar.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

So what was the the purpose of that timeout? It was basically an invite to go for more yards on the following play and get in FG position.

I have no investment with any of the teams involved but I'm furious that we were both denied a strategic tie AND a 32-32 scorigami.

I think the timeout was probably because the coach (or the defensive coordinator) didn't like the defensive package on the field for the next play. He may also have wanted time to talk to his assistants. There's a lot of non-obvious reasons why coaches call timeouts besides purely clock management.

The raiders still had timeouts so the chargers taking a timeout changed nothing whatsoever. Given the scoring situation, the raiders were already in position to score, and if they failed, the chargers were not getting another possession regardless. So putting the right men on the field to possibly force a turnover was still the chargers' best chance. People online thinking the chargers timeout was why the raiders went for a score are being silly.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

neaden posted:

What's the flavor of soulripper, it's clearly not an actual vehicle right? Does it need to rip someone's soul a lite bit to do anything which is what the crew cost represents? Just feels off.

Just spit balling, but given the cyberpunk theme, it could be the setting equivalent to cyberware maybe with an enslaved spirit operate as a rudimentary AI. Making a blood sacrifice to the spirit overclocks the tech.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Agree, it's not like the Raiders lined up in take-a-knee formation and the Chargers just came out sending 11 for no good reason. Nobody was insulted by being expected to play football in a football game. They were lined up for a play, trying to get closer to kick the FG. For all we know, being 10-7 put the coaching staff over an incentive bonus they would have missed at 9-7-1.

I wish like hell he'd missed that kick, it would have made it one of the most interesting games of football ever played. But the idea that they ran off tackle for 8-10 yards to get into field goal range when they technically didn't have to because they were somehow insulted by a timeout is kinda silly.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Sickening posted:

Well its a cool design because while your opponent can respond to the trigger, once you search you get to attach. It leads to some fun aura 1 of tooling. I feel like its more powerful than sram , but the legendary is a real concern.

Well so's Sram, and it's still a four-of, still useful as ablative counter- and removal-bait.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

neaden posted:

It's a mech. It can be used to reap souls and you can consume the souls to power it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

turn two this, turn three Blood Servitor = beatings, and it replaces itself should you draw it later

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GonSmithe posted:

It’s black because it has black mana in its cost, like how you determine the color of every other card (unless they have no mana cost and are have the identity marker).

Or if they have Devoid

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just spit balling, but given the cyberpunk theme, it could be the setting equivalent to cyberware maybe with an enslaved spirit operate as a rudimentary AI. Making a blood sacrifice to the spirit overclocks the tech.

it will also probably make more sense in the standard printing which should have stricter art direction

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Soulripper is very obviously meant to eat its pilot, a classic mecha trope

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Get in the Eva, Shinji

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

why the hell are so many people, including a mod, talking about football in the magic thread lmao

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Paul Zuvella posted:

why the hell are so many people, including a mod, talking about football in the magic thread lmao

There was a game on Sunday where both teams would have benefitted from an Intentional Draw

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

re: match fixing

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I hate it when Im about to swing for lethal and my opponent calls a timeout to try to ice my attack step

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tom Brady was caught marking cards at the super bowl