Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Ice Phisherman posted:

Hey covid thread. Haven't posted here for a while as I'm taking a mental health break. Read a couple pages and it looks about what I figured it would.

What I'm asking all of you to do is to check in with yourself and if you need to, to do some self-care. Make something tasty, smoke a bowl, watch a movie, read a book, whatever it takes. It's important to be basically informed but it's also important not to freak yourself out.

I myself have been writing my cyberpunk web novel here on the forums, playing vidjas on the Switch, enjoying the occasional edible, trying to cook and spending time with my girlfriend as we try to keep each other sane and healthy.

I know that poo poo is bad, but you do occasionally have to pull away from lmaoing into the abyss and do things that make you happy, or at least distracted.

i will never log off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Stereotype posted:

lol i just got a text that i was exposed

TO HAND FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE wtf

look it would suck for you and your loved ones, but imagine dying of a totally different disease during a pandemic? like that's pretty loving wild

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Lmao

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I can’t tell if Mr.Hootington is doing a bit when he says “lol I knowingly let my wife spread plague in a crowded theater rip to those sucks and my wife” or if he’s a legit sociopath.

what's he supposed to do, tie her up?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Lacrosse posted:

lol that everyone expected Trump to do a genocide but turns out it was Biden who was going to do the genocide this entire time!

I expected it to be whomever was president

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

what's he supposed to do, tie her up?

Tell her not to loving go

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Ice Phisherman posted:

Hey covid thread. Haven't posted here for a while as I'm taking a mental health break. Read a couple pages and it looks about what I figured it would. And after this post I'm going to continue my break from the thread as constantly reading about covid gives me horrible anxiety and really isn't helpful as I'm about as locked down as I can be.

What I'm asking all of you to do is to check in with yourself and if you need to, to do some self-care. Make something tasty, smoke a bowl, watch a movie, read a book, whatever it takes. It's important to be basically informed but it's also important not to freak yourself out.

I myself have been writing my cyberpunk web novel here on the forums, playing vidjas on the Switch, enjoying the occasional edible, trying to cook and spending time with my girlfriend as we try to keep each other sane and healthy.

I know that poo poo is bad, but you do occasionally have to pull away from lmaoing into the abyss and do things that make you happy, or at least distracted.

I know that not all of you can because of life, but if you can at all, try to take care of yourselves.

fuq u I will NEBER log off

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

this is still not even the peak
THERE'S NOT EVEN A HOLIDAY RIGHT NOW

empty whippet box posted:

it's fine because there is a backlog. no reason to worry everyone. it's a backlog. it's fine that over 1 million new cases were reported.
I know you're joking but last week it took a 3-4 day holiday weekend of catchup to reach 1 million!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who can say what life expectancy actually is. people die all the time. it's bad to have expectations in life

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Chamale posted:

who knows if hospital collapse could make it even worse

I know.

It will!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Chamale posted:

she said no im going anyways, now what?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
whos gonna be the first to find someone being like "well yeah, but it includes weekend backlogs so it's artificially high" as if every single monday for the entire two year pandemic hasn't always included weekend backlogs. if anything this is the first "normal" monday after the holidays and it is STILL the highest ever and over a million new cases lmao

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Ice Phisherman posted:

Hey covid thread. Haven't posted here for a while as I'm taking a mental health break. Read a couple pages and it looks about what I figured it would. And after this post I'm going to continue my break from the thread as constantly reading about covid gives me horrible anxiety and really isn't helpful as I'm about as locked down as I can be.

I know that not all of you can because of life, but if you can at all, try to take care of yourselves.

no

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I log off often tbh

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

14 states haven’t reported

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

.3 percent of the population coughing hot in one day lmao

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

she said no im going anyways, now what?

:sever:
don't marry sociopaths

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

There's just so much bad news and stupid poo poo and terrible responses going on and I was just like sitting here laughing at it all

Like that's not a normal response lol, anyway gently caress this demon cracker nation

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Chamale posted:

a thing that he did and it didn't stop her

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Stereotype posted:

my costco still has a mask mandate :smug:

actually the whole city does, also nearly universal mask adherence. still hasn't stopped us from having record numbers of infections because bars and restaurants and schools are all open and we get 30,000 mouthbreathing mainland tourists every day

My county has a mask mandate and vaccine mandate for dining in. Hasn’t stopped chuds from going mask free in stores acting smug about it or idiots wearing face shields.

There’s zero enforcement because no one wants to deal with it and when you confront them they just go crazy or talk about god.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ice phisherman tho seriously i like your posts and hope youre doing ok :)

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Open Brandon

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
covid doesn't actually give me anxiety at all, i grew up surrounded by malaria. its the people in charge of dealing with this thing doing fuckall that pisses me off and gives me anxiety

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
if ur feelin stressed remember that steam games exist and theres a whole lot of them and some of them are even good

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hospitalisations at record highs in Australia's two biggest states and deaths increasing. It's a shame we couldn't see this coming

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

she's a black widow Hootington don't drink anything she gives you
don't get a life insurance policy

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fosborb posted:

we're going to hit twin 9/11s

A second 9/11 just hit the 9/11

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

and there it is. :discourse:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Glumwheels posted:

My county has a mask mandate and vaccine mandate for dining in. Hasn’t stopped chuds from going mask free in stores acting smug about it or idiots wearing face shields.

There’s zero enforcement because no one wants to deal with it and when you confront them they just go crazy or talk about god.

yeah the few occasions where i see someone maskless their eyes are always darting around and they look all antsy and are clearly just itching for someone to come up and say that they need to put on a mask. they have a whole pre-rehearsed speech in their head and probably a bunch of hysterics they can devolve into if the speech doesn't work. no one wants to deal with that

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

it's not even slowing down lmao

hmmm if I had to guess I'd say that's probably because we've done absolutely nothing to make it slow down and have in fact done everything we can to make it speed up. just a guess though.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Stereotype posted:

lol i just got a text that i was exposed

TO HAND FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE wtf

drat, lucky

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Imagine the number of people who got a rapid test false negative and are going about their daily lives

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

:sever:
don't marry sociopaths

Ok but what if i'm afraid of dying alone?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Hospitalisations at record highs in Australia's two biggest states and deaths increasing. It's a shame we couldn't see this coming

the funniest part is that most people STILL DONT SEE IT COMING

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Korean Boomhauer posted:

if ur feelin stressed remember that steam games exist and theres a whole lot of them and some of them are even good

check out Vampire Survivors for a really fun, 8bit roguelike, i spent like 10 fuckin hours on that poo poo yesterday.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

This morning I came into work to see an email sent Friday advising that someone tested positive on Tuesday and that their last shift was on new years day.

In other news my case of Auras has been stuck at the local fedex depot for a week.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Korean Boomhauer posted:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Korean Boomhauer posted:

I've been playing project zomboid recently and it's really good. I can't believe I never played it before this year.

Gotta train for the inevitable covid zombie apocalypse

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

fosborb posted:

we're going to hit twin 9/11s

Achievement Unlocked: Four Krusties

Achieve a death rate equal or greater than two 9/11 attacks.
"I'm seeing double, two twin towers!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
with the weekend backlog, california alone is over 300k.... holy gently caress