Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I never played D&D as a kid because I didn’t have any friends, I just painted the figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I played Palladium Rifts instead of D&D, aka the OG d20 system. I liked the Triax and Naruni mecha designs.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

coconono posted:

I played Palladium Rifts instead of D&D, aka the OG d20 system. I liked the Triax and Naruni mecha designs.

Rifts was an awesome world for min max munchkin wanks like me at that age and the cool robots were the best part.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah it took me forever to figure out that not all tabletop RPGs were about how to efficiently alpha strike every combat encounter. This is mostly because I was a weirdo that did Rifts and GURPs(which required a loving calculator to keep up with the numbers).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Covid outbreak at son's daycare and new job means me and the partner are working from home for the next bit!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

coconono posted:

yeah it took me forever to figure out that not all tabletop RPGs were about how to efficiently alpha strike every combat encounter. This is mostly because I was a weirdo that did Rifts and GURPs(which required a loving calculator to keep up with the numbers).

Alpha strike? Naw it's about extra attacks and initiative! Make a Crazy and hook it up with that Atlantis snake power armour!

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with treating a TTRPG as a violent math puzzle so long as what the group wants, and that's exactly what 15 year old boys want.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my glitterboy variant fires all the guns

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The Savage Worlds system has a new run of Rifts sourcebooks that are a lot of fun with an updated world and a less chunky system. Same for Deadlands.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah I’ve been meaning to update my collection since I found out Palladium went digital years ago. These days I read the books for lore because I’m a dork that likes psychoanalyzing Kevin Siembieda.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Slept for the past week better than I have in years, I think. Just played video games and painted miniatures and hung out with the dog. Really digging the unemployed-ish life. Gonna suck when I have to start digging into savings lol but I will continue to tell myself that’s what the money is for.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I got owned so hard attempting to order delivery food because I’m sick and can’t go out.

I put the order in then suddenly realized I forgot to tip like a dumb gently caress so I immediately messaged the door dash driver picking my order up and apologized and offered to send my tip to the driver directly, he said it was cool told me his paypal, I sent over my 10 dollar tip (Order total with tip was 21 dollars so that’s like a 45% tip I don’t stiff people).

Dude immediately cancelled my order, blocked me on paypal and I’m just like…why? Why be an rear end in a top hat!

That’s my sad rant. Life is pain lol.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hey. you can't take it with you. to 2023 when Felix the earnings collector comes at the end of every year and takes all the money you have left over from the year.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

I got owned so hard attempting to order delivery food because I’m sick and can’t go out.

I put the order in then suddenly realized I forgot to tip like a dumb gently caress so I immediately messaged the door dash driver picking my order up and apologized and offered to send my tip to the driver directly, he said it was cool told me his paypal, I sent over my 10 dollar tip (Order total with tip was 21 dollars so that’s like a 45% tip I don’t stiff people).

Dude immediately cancelled my order, blocked me on paypal and I’m just like…why? Why be an rear end in a top hat!

Fuckin' owned

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I stole it, it was me

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

lmfao

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

He's eating your fuc bro.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I stole it, it was me

At my funeral they’ll say “if only that Ramen had been delivered he might yet live…oh well lol, wait whose funeral is this? i’m out.”

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Eat My Fuc posted:

That suck dude hopefully that bastard scab gets picked and flicked by the universe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Endless Mike posted:

Fuckin' owned

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m sorry my friend, but that is hilarious.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Stroker Ace posted:

I’m sorry my friend, but that is hilarious.

Yea true. Hope he's enjoying the 10 dollars.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this reminds me of that time

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'm actually running a Starfinder tabletop game for all my childhood pals. gonna be a wholesome night of fun space operatic adventure. Starfinder is kind of a mess of a system but we're having a Good Time™️

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That DICK! posted:

He's eating your fuc bro.

snort

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If doordash is anything like the delivery I drive, ten dollars is more than the flat fee the guy would have made for actually delivering the item before tip, so while it's a dick move I completely understand him going with the easy ten.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I Before E posted:

If doordash is anything like the delivery I drive, ten dollars is more than the flat fee the guy would have made for actually delivering the item before tip, so while it's a dick move I completely understand him going with the easy ten.

He also got free food! Everyone wins

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

NienNunb posted:

I stole it, it was me

Do you also lie and cheat?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I Before E posted:

10+ a free meal, can’t be beat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Wordle 206 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

9 Played
100 Win %
9 Current Streak
let's go

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wordle 206 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wordle 206 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

One step ahead of Cav, always

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

your wife helps you in every one of them and you still nearly lost wordle 199. everyone remembers

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Wordle 206 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

i never heard of wordle before, its a long wait till the next puzzle!!!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

there are like 5 wordle apps in the top downloads list that all look the same in the ios app store

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tweak posted:

there are like 5 wordle apps in the top downloads list that all look the same in the ios app store

The official version is the browser version

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

NienNunb posted:

The official version is the browser version

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

in that case

Wordle 206 3/6

⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Wordle 206 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Never heard of this before, it’s neat

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
my brother just told me about this yesterday, didn't realize it was popular enough to penetrate the coveted goon demographic, i had a real bad go at it

Wordle 206 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I got INTP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Wordle 206 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩