Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

They added a Cosby Suite level. Very tone deaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

On the contrary, well-curated twitter is the best social media platform.

I follow and am followed by game devs and sound designers, and I've blocked all mentions of poo poo heads like MTG and Ben Shapiro, so it's great :shobon:

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Social Animal posted:

How's that Blizzard classic bundle? I only care about Lost Vikings, is there anything weird with the port?
I bought it earlier in the year on the basis of it being a Digital Eclipse project and, specifically, because Chris Kohler worked on it. Shortly after all the news about Activision-Blizzard came out now I kind of regret purchasing something that celebrates the legacy of a lovely company.

For as much as I checked it out though the port is pretty good.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Did people not like Mario Golf? I saw it on one of those “Worst of 2021” lists.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

sponges posted:

"It's only got 5 courses!!!!!!" they screamed, knowing more were being released as free DLC with extra modes and characters.

Because gamers are dumb. And the dumbest amongst them become critics.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

sponges posted:

It's divisive I guess. There's not as much mechanical depth as previous entries and it's missing some polish, but I still had a blast with it. I haven't even played the last batch of courses yet so I'm definitely not done with it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

sponges posted:

One of those what?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They should have put Diddy Kong in the Mario Golf updates. Also put him in the next Mario Kart. Hell, let him replace Toad in the next Mario while we're at it. That'll give them something to call "New"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sponges posted:

too busy writing clickbait to game, you hate to see it

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'd rather have Diddy Kong Racing than Banjo Kazooie.

Ban me if you must but DKR MP is extremely fun.

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

"It's only got 5 courses!!!!!!" they screamed, knowing more were being released as free DLC with extra modes and characters.

Because gamers are dumb. And the dumbest amongst them become critics.

it isn't a critic's job to review a game based on what might eventually be coming to it

are we really calling the entirety of the games press into question over mario sports game takes

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Inzombiac posted:

Ban me if you must but DKR MP is extremely fun.

I always preferred Diddy Kong Racing to Mario Kart 64, and I would have checked out Crash Team Racing a lot earlier if people had compared it to DKR rather than Mario Kart 64.

But I also love Banjo-Kazooie! I want both!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i'd rather have snowboard kids 2

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Inzombiac posted:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The Postman posted:

. There's not as much mechanical depth as previous entries

The missing third click was not that important lol and it's absence adds to the game, forcing you to risk accuracy for power

Unfortunately i feel it was made with motion controls in mind, which isn't for everyone, but it makes for the best video game golf we've gotten in awhile.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Inzombiac posted:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

it isn't a critic's job to review a game based on what might eventually be coming to it

are we really calling the entirety of the games press into question over mario sports game takes

I agree, it's really hosed up to expect 2021 recaps produced in 2022 to account for free patches released in the far distant future of 6 months ago.

Excellent point.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Reality: Mario Golf Super Rush has the most courses and modes of any Mario Golf game

Clickbait bullshitters: "Mario Golf Super Rush has the fewest courses and modes of any Mario Golf game"

The dumbest person to ever live: "How dare you question the sanctity of clickbait, the bedrock upon which our entire society is built"

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Did Mario Golf wind up having asymmetrical online tournaments? I placed a lot of value on that element with the 3DS version and the more recent iterations of Hot Shots, and it was kind of hard to parse what was in the base game plus stuff that was added in later. I avoided it at launch because it sounded like it did not in fact have them at the time.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Nintendo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

More and more people are saying this

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Nintendon’t

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zeeman posted:

Nintendon’t

:mods:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

sponges posted:

I think that Austin Eruption has one of the most reasonable critiques of it. He even acknowledges that the game has plenty of content now, but it is a victim of the modern gaming style of trickling out content that Nintendo has unfortunately adopted for a handful of its first-party titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkVatjwElfI&t=1683s

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont care about trickling content out if its free frankly.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Stux posted:

Yeah, same.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
if I get really sick can I get a make-a-wish and use it to make it so they make a DQB3

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I trickle content for free every day it’s great.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My review of Super Smash Bros Ultimate:

0/10 because Piranha Plant is not a playable character

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Social Animal posted:

How's that Blizzard classic bundle? I only care about Lost Vikings, is there anything weird with the port?

No they're great ports and in fact they enhanced the games in the bundle in a lot of cool ways (though the original versions are still there of course). For Lost Vikings you can choose to play it with the SNES graphics & sound plus the bonus stages from the Genesis version.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Trickle down content works, sometimes, unlike trickle down economics which never work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

My review of Super Smash Bros Ultimate:

0/10 because Piranha Plant is not a playable character

They are after like $3 DLC.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Stux posted:

Marry me

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Baba is You is so good. I’m not very far into it, but solving Crab Storage and Boiling River have made me feel like a super genius and I suspect this is only the beginning.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Srice posted:

No they're great ports and in fact they enhanced the games in the bundle in a lot of cool ways (though the original versions are still there of course). For Lost Vikings you can choose to play it with the SNES graphics & sound plus the bonus stages from the Genesis version.

But what sucks is if you choose that mode the rewind feature is not available, unless they patched that in later.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Takoluka posted:

I think that Austin Eruption has one of the most reasonable critiques of it. He even acknowledges that the game has plenty of content now, but it is a victim of the modern gaming style of trickling out content that Nintendo has unfortunately adopted for a handful of its first-party titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkVatjwElfI&t=1683s

And first impressions can mean a lot, so people who are turned off by the lackluster launch of a game aren't as likely to come back compared to if the game just launched completed from the get-go. I can't blame people for not being a fan of this model because they get stuck with a rather unsatisfying experience and have to wait for the game to get good and have to settle for their $60 paying for an incomplete game, and maybe later it gets good. Assuming support doesn't get dropped.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I beat smt5. Beat the super boss at level 91. Very fun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Araxxor posted:

And first impressions can mean a lot, so people who are turned off by the lackluster launch of a game aren't as likely to come back compared to if the game just launched completed from the get-go. I can't blame people for not being a fan of this model because they get stuck with a rather unsatisfying experience and have to wait for the game to get good and have to settle for their $60 paying for an incomplete game, and maybe later it gets good. Assuming support doesn't get dropped.

i can and do blame people for it, particularly if they have a terrible youtube channel and make videos abotu ti that people then post in this thread for some unknowable reason.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Look stux, you don't get it.

No one should buy a good game in January of 2022 if it was less good in March of 2021.

See also how no one should watch the director's cuts of Blade Runner or Dark City because the initial studio cuts were bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Three years from now, when the base version of Cyberpunk 2077 is finally actually done, you two are gonna start mass flagging every review video and article that show Keanu Reeves T-posing in a corner, and I say godspeed. They’ll pay for making fun of a video game!