Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Pac-Man themed scented candles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

i love TCBR's whole vibe he looks like he could tell me a lot about niche subjects :)

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Is it just me or is playing the interview with the runner directly before their run kinda wierd? Last few GDQs ran the interviews a few runs ahead of the interviewees run.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Where the hell is my Disco Elysium Speedrun

Im unironicaly super interested in FFXIII speed run since my best is like 18 hours so like, wanna see them glitches

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

This guy's got a good energy, we're off to a good start.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

“Let’s talk about Marathon. It’s a game. It has a plot.”

Already more invested than Serious Sam.

Edit: “let’s push a button. It’s not the objective, I just like pushing things.” This run is great so far and tbcr rules.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

Is it just me or is playing the interview with the runner directly before their run kinda wierd? Last few GDQs ran the interviews a few runs ahead of the interviewees run.

I thought about that, but perhaps it works also like this to prep the audience for a run they potentially know nothing about.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I feel like maybe they should be interviewed after their run, like athletes getting post-match interviews

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Hexagonal? Octagonal? it's a shape

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Marathon is a game with fantastic level titles and loving labyrinthine levels and I hope the designer of Colony Ship For Sale Cheap never has their toast toasted all the way through.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

"Observe the nice...walls. The sewage." This commentary is wonderful.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The layout says this game's from 2007, I'm surprised, it looks like a contemporary of Doom, Quake, Dark Forces etc

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Flesnolk posted:

The layout says this game's from 2007, I'm surprised, it looks like a contemporary of Doom, Quake, Dark Forces etc

Xbox 360 remaster, the original game was a contemporary and the reason to game on macs

Edit: My gamertag was the marathon logo from this game until I got sick of the small icon glitch

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Flesnolk posted:

I feel like maybe they should be interviewed after their run, like athletes getting post-match interviews

'So you tilted hard and missed all your skips, what a lovely run. What went wrong?' :smith:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Flesnolk posted:

They did interviews like this at in-person events but I'm pretty sure the interviews for the online ones are recorded earlier in the day so they tend to be more "Here's why you should check out this run."

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
It's a bit weird to get on the largest stage you're probably ever going to have as a speedrunner, and then put out the vibe of, "I don't actually like this game."

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

this run is amazing so far

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I wish he could have shown the double shotgun. Not that the shot gun has double barrels, that you can hold two of them

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

this run is amazing so far

Yeah, I'm usually not into FPS games but TBCR is making this look really fun. Great commentary.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yesssss he showed it off

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
always impressed when runners can carry on generally humorous and mostly non-cringe solo commentary while navigating their games without it sounding over-rehearsed

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I demand a vidmaster run

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, a Blueglass shoutout in 2022!

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
lol love the blueglass hype, what're the odds

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

40 $ for charity!

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

TeaJay posted:

Wow, a Blueglass shoutout in 2022!

Right? That was a surprise. Anyone know what he's up to these days? He seems to be a regular in LaurenTheFlute's twitch chat, but that's all I know.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He is not underselling that marathon levels are vast and often have multiple route to where you need to go

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
this is bringing up memories of the one dedicated Mac gamer on staff trying to handsell every customer who came into our Egghead Computers store this series in particular and getting nowhere because they were all just there to buy productivity software and a mouse and like maybe Tomb Raider if they weren't too embarrassed and leave

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Marathon was a good run and you should watch it

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
nice marathon run, one of the highlights so far imo

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Huh, he went pretty far under estimate.

That was a good run with good commentary! Strong recommend. I'd like to watch Beast Wars but I'm also starting to pass out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

elentar posted:

this is bringing up memories of the one dedicated Mac gamer on staff trying to handsell every customer who came into our Egghead Computers store this series in particular and getting nowhere because they were all just there to buy productivity software and a mouse and like maybe Tomb Raider if they weren't too embarrassed and leave

The quintessential Marathon experience

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
adef looks a bit like ben from parks and rec

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

hey it's omnigamer

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well this sure looks like a PS1 game.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh from the dark colors, framerate and stretched textures, this sure is a PS1 game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TeaJay posted:

Well this sure looks like a PS1 game.

Wait toll you see the draw distance

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Haunted PS1 Demo Run

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mission Failed, run over, this is probably the most brutal speed run on the stage today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Welp, rip Inferno.