Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kesper North posted:

This show was design for mass appeal to a primarily white audience, and white savior narratives became popular as propaganda for white people because it teaches them that the only way for other cultures to succeed is to become like them.

So what? I guess the various Plains nations should give back all those horses that they wouldn't have unless the Spanish showed up. The fact that they did materially benefit from the adaptation of the horse was a Bad Thing because of White People having horses. Can't be riding around on horses, like Europeans, because you're benefitting from acting like White People (and Asians because they invented horses).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Doronin posted:

On the flashbacks, Boba was stuck in the sarlacc and by the time he got out and earned enough respect among the Tuskens to have the option to leave, presumably, his entire safety net of his previous life was wiped out. Jabba is dead. The Empire is gone, for now. So who is he in this new order? Does he exist to serve, or be served? He's captive and cannot get to his ship, which I guess is stuck in Anchorhead, however far away that is. He also doesn't have his armor, which may or may not be necessary to flying Slave One (I legit don't know the answer to this). So he has poo poo to take care of in the short term, and the Tuskens have given him the means to survive until he gets his affairs in order. And if he can prop up a new ally in the process while learning some cool new poo poo, why not?

I'm feeling more and more that sooner rather than later they need to introduce a character in the flashbacks that Boba can actually have a dialogue with.
Because while I enjoy a story that's mostly told without words (the leader handing Boba a water gourd at the end of episode 1 was a great example), at some point I think we have to have Boba's reasoning for what he's going to do spelled out in words.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

#Justice4Shmi
#RememberShmi

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Sash! posted:

So what? I guess the various Plains nations should give back all those horses that they wouldn't have unless the Spanish showed up. The fact that they did materially benefit from the adaptation of the horse was a Bad Thing because of White People having horses. Can't be riding around on horses, like Europeans, because you're benefitting from acting like White People (and Asians because they invented horses).

Did they benefit from having their land taken and their people slaughtered? Was the harm of genocide and the wholesale destruction of language and culture worth the convenience and utility that the introduction of horses brought to their survivors?

The world may never loving know, man. Thanks for asking the ~tough questions~

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ooh a bunch of new posts lemme just catch up… :yikes:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Everyone posted:

You know what? There probably is a pretty cool story that revolves around the Sand People maybe luring out a Krayt Dragon or something to come destroy the train for them - a story in which outsiders like Boba Fett play no role whatsoever except to stay home and dig in sand for bug balls to refresh the thirst of the conquering Sand People tribe. Except this isn't that story. This is the Book of Boba Fett. So the stories are presumably going to revolve around on things Boba Fett did in ways that Boba Fett would do them. That said, I would absolutely be up for a "Tales of the Tusken Raiders" series at some point.

And have it work out like the time we could understand Boomhauer whenever the Tuskens are talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdyGfiIirD8

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

This is a pretty good post, even if marginalised people are interpreting he narrative as a member of one outgroup helping another group to regain their ancestral lands. Both things can be true! poo poo's complicated!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Sash! posted:

I think the analogy is not that Indians getting horses is bad, rather that a story about simple yet savage Indians being mystified and beguiled by horses until one noble outlander taught them how to ride is bad.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I think the analogy is not that Indians getting horses is bad, rather that a story about simple yet savage Indians being mystified and beguiled by horses until one noble outlander taught them how to ride is bad.

Who the hell else knows how to ride the drat horse?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sash! posted:

Who the hell else knows how to ride the drat horse?

Also they seem used to stripping the horse for parts which probably does them more good than trying to ride a horse that can do 200 kph

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Anita Dickinme posted:

Ooh a bunch of new posts lemme just catch up… :yikes:

:same:

Is it Wednesday yet? I just want to see some more cool Star Wars stuff.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sash! posted:

This is a bad post. Please don't post like this.

I know I have no power as only OP. But, like, c'mon. Don't do this. Post about Star Wars stuff. Don't post about how the Indigenous People benefited from the horse, so really it's all okay.

Maybe you didn't mean to post it like this. But this is what you posted.

So anyway, we're not getting any of the Tusken Raiders taking off their masks, are we? I have a bad feeling we are, and I hope we're not.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

thrawn527 posted:

So anyway, we're not getting any of the Tusken Raiders taking off their masks, are we? I have a bad feeling we are, and I hope we're not.

I have a really bad feeling the tusken ninja lady is gonna doff her mask and be a sexy human being who makes out with boba then dies tragically to further his story.

I hope they're not that big of hacks but IDK.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fartknocker posted:

:same:

Is it Wednesday yet? I just want to see some more cool Star Wars stuff.

All I’ve learned from the past couple pages of this thread is that if I enjoy the Boba Fett show, I’m a racist.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cartoon Man posted:

All I’ve learned from the past couple pages of this thread is that if I enjoy the Boba Fett show, I’m a racist.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Owlbear Camus posted:

I have a really bad feeling the tusken ninja lady is gonna doff her mask and be a sexy human being who makes out with boba then dies tragically to further his story.

As far as I'm concerned, those head covering are their real faces.

:colbert:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

thrawn527 posted:

In that scene where the tuskens induct Boba into their tribe and start wrapping cloth around him I thought for sure he was about to get his whole head wrapped up with the cool metal eyes and weird mouth thing and he would be fully Tusk’d up.

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Preach.

Will Boba yell "Martha!" next time he wakes up from the bacta tank?

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Dingleberry2 posted:

Preach.

Will Boba yell "Martha!" next time he wakes up from the bacta tank?

More like "drat you Mon Mothma and all your little Bothans."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

in a flashback bib fortuna goes on a monologue that starts "we live in a galaxy"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: Preach brother.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Owlbear Camus posted:

I'm worried about that too.
I've actually heard a few podcasts speculate she's going to be Fennec Shand. Please no.

Ralph Hurley posted:

In that scene where the tuskens induct Boba into their tribe and start wrapping cloth around him I thought for sure he was about to get his whole head wrapped up with the cool metal eyes and weird mouth thing and he would be fully Tusk’d up.

I was actually hoping for that. I can't figure out if the garments mean he's "only" an honorary Tusken/a Tusken-in-training at this point and still has to earn the mask, or if it's the Robes Of The Chosen One(TM). I'm hoping it's not the latter, but the way he was more or less anointed by the Tuskens in the scene where they gave him the clothes has me slightly worried.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My interpretation was that it’s the standard rite of passage thing and every Tusken in this particular tribe gets anointed and has a lizard trip at some point.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, this seems like a pretty standard tribal initiation. He’s far from the first human in Star Wars to be adopted by Tuskens.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

thrawn527 posted:

Also, awesome picture! That would be Walt Disney World. MGM Studios at the time, Hollywood Studios now, since MGM got the gently caress out of there a while ago. Star Tours is still there, right where it was. They didn't move it into, or even include it in, their Star Wars area in the same park, so it could stay OT-themed.

The ride itself has changed, though. They updated it and made it so they can add new planets to the ride easily, which they do sometimes.

They added new scenes for each of the Sequel Trilogy films. Jakku for Force Awakens, Crait for Last Jedi, and Kef Bir/Death Star Ruins for Rise of Skywalker.

I'd love to see stuff for the Disney+ shows added to the ride, but I think now that Galaxy's Edge is fully open, they won't do much else to Star Tours

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, this seems like a pretty standard tribal initiation. He’s far from the first human in Star Wars to be adopted by Tuskens.

Yeah, but Sharad Hett, Orrin Gault and the few others all got facemasked, didn't they?

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't there a kinky S&M Sand person in the books? We need a return of David Lynch/Clive Barker aesthetics. Just nipple rings everywhere, forever.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKRO0VkPNRs

Cartoon Man posted:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I'd love to see stuff for the Disney+ shows added to the ride, but I think now that Galaxy's Edge is fully open, they won't do much else to Star Tours

That would be a shame, Star Tours is actually more fun than the falcon ride. I havent been on Rise due to it not being open when I went, but I heard thats good. When I went I really liked the "land" and rode falcon a bunch, but I rode star tours like 10 times. Its so good.

I hope they keep it around and add more scenes.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jerkface posted:

That would be a shame, Star Tours is actually more fun than the falcon ride. I havent been on Rise due to it not being open when I went, but I heard thats good. When I went I really liked the "land" and rode falcon a bunch, but I rode star tours like 10 times. Its so good.

I hope they keep it around and add more scenes.

Rise is the best theme park ride I've ever been on and it's not really close. Great, immersive experience all the way through, even on the waiting line.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Rise of the Resistance is a better third chapter to the sequel trilogy than Rise of Skywalker and it's not even loving close.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, it’s the culmination of everything Disney does with attractions. It’s a walkthrough, a trackless dark ride with animatronics and projections, a tower drop, and a simulator.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

You will not convince me I didn't actually go to space during the transport sequence. I was floored when I learned how simple the effect was.

Although I agree that Star Tours is still a bomb rear end ride because it's way easier to get on and ride multiple times than Rise or Smuggler's Run.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

They added new scenes for each of the Sequel Trilogy films. Jakku for Force Awakens, Crait for Last Jedi, and Kef Bir/Death Star Ruins for Rise of Skywalker.

Exegol is in the rotation too.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I love that the lizard has a tiny birdcage :allears:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Owlbear Camus posted:

same, OP, same

Cartoon Man posted:

I enjoy the show. It's not the most problematic fave ever. I actually think they're doing a large number of things right. That doesn't mean the problems it does have aren't worth exploring, as it gives us the opportunity to learn that

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Both things can be true! poo poo's complicated!

Amen, my friend. A-loving-men.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/kierongillen/status/1480838799768887299?t=NqDhKd4V2FFfzUzuI5ZB2A&s=19

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
The "true" tuskens only boof their psychedelic lizards.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Given what we know of Grogu's diet I imagine he lives in a perpetual state of tripping balls

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sash! posted:

I'm still waiting on my royalties y'all can venmo me whenevs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Lobok posted:

What abouuuuuuuuuuut now?

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7051296858987056431

(Boba Fett driving school montage joke)

This is now a good thread