Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Captain Hygiene posted:

Man bagel bites suck. I remember liking them ages ago, but I tried some a while back and they taste like fake cheese and ketchup on cardboard. Real bagels, sauce, and cheese is rock solid though.

This reminded me of the Gourmet Makes video where someone tried Claire's from-scratch bagel bite and says it needs to taste like less. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72eq0zeUH3A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Sbarro was my first real NY pizza.

you and Deblasio are brothers now

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

Man bagel bites suck. I remember liking them ages ago, but I tried some a while back and they taste like fake cheese and ketchup on cardboard. Real bagels, sauce, and cheese is rock solid though.

They also suck because you could just get bagels, pizza sauce, cheese and whatever toppings and it will be 1000% better and probably only a little bit more expensive than a box of the frozen stuff.

My local pizza place isn't cheap but they do make good pizzas and pizza rolls. I still prefer little sleasars though, but I grew up with crazy bread. I wish Jett's pizza would expand out west; or hungry howies.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Powershift posted:

Who's ready for sushi?

Probably just my covid-addled brain, but I'd at least eat that. I'm sure the "Mac n cheese" is tepid and weird. It just looks really chewy and weirdly textured. Probably kinda not the tastiest thing ever, but at least novel "food".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

I lived out of a hotel for a summer when i was around 10 years old while my dad was working 15+ hours a day. All there was in the room for cooking was a minifridge that froze everything and a microwave so i survived basically on dry cereal and frozen pizza-based items.

Around one week a year i get a craving for that kind of stuff and bagel bites are my go-to, but the other 51 weeks of the thought of any of it makes me gag. I haven't eaten pizza pockets since that summer.

Also, i had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time....

Also, i found some of these day at my regular grocery store. There was some sort of unicorn spunk or something

I'm genuinely curious how many of these things end up actually being sold to consumers.

e: apparently they have a poo poo ton of them.

https://rocketfizz.com/media/soda-labels/

E: holy poo poo

https://mobile.twitter.com/KazTooWavy/status/1479647233209479168

Powershift has a new favorite as of 08:38 on Jan 8, 2022

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

dog nougat posted:

Probably just my covid-addled brain, but I'd at least eat that. I'm sure the "Mac n cheese" is tepid and weird. It just looks really chewy and weirdly textured. Probably kinda not the tastiest thing ever, but at least novel "food".

If Spam Musubi is good, this is good.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Touché

Haven't had spam musabi, but I love the constituent ingredients, so I'm sure I'd love it.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
The only authentic Hawaiian grill around me closed for good during the first round of covid and they had giant spam musubi rolls that were so loving good. They also had a really good deal for a bbq sampler plate of 3 meats with macaroni salad and white rice that was a goddamn steal at the price.

I will forever mourn that spam musubi. One roll was the perfect work breakfast and the bbq plate was lunch and dinner.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

more falafel please posted:

I don't get why people get so up in arms about steak tartare? 80/20 ground beef is like $1.99 a pound and yellow mustard is pretty cheap too!

The gently caress you getting ground beef for $1.99 a pound

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

The gently caress you getting ground beef for $1.99 a pound

winco has 1 lb chubs of 73/27 for $2.88. I haven't seen 80/20 under 5$/lb in a long time.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That froot loops dog makes me think of something that pisses me off

Hot dog places keep putting these skinny-rear end weiners on these gigantic chewy motherfucking french rolls

I feel like I'm biting a Slim Jim in a pillow

poo poo's bad and then they dump toppings on there like it's a bowl. Bro it's empty dry bread, get a bigger hot dog if you got space to fill

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sekhmnet posted:

winco has 1 lb chubs of 73/27 for $2.88. I haven't seen 80/20 under 5$/lb in a long time.

I make homemade dog food every week using 3 lbs bricks of 80/20 and it’s usually around $16 to $18.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Pizzaderail: This thread is aware of the other thread, right?

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

MrYenko posted:

Pizzaderail: This thread is aware of the other thread, right?

There's also a hot dog/hamburger thread, where that froot loop thing would fit right in.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

There's also a hot dog/hamburger thread, where that froot loop thing would fit right in.

Aw poo poo more terrible foods I have to look at :negative:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

Sbarro was my first real NY pizza.

Gerber made my first steak.

I tried it when my own started on baby food. DNR.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

This one took me ages to get.

and i just love these guys

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Strong Mario RPG energy.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Aardvark! posted:

This one took me ages to get.

and i just love these guys

I'll have the come bucket, thanks

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/status/1479971618000625664?t=RQ3nMRK128OLE2_2sLTCsw&s=19

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I’ve seen these at the package store. My partner loves sours but I haven’t had the guts to buy these for her yet.

invlwhen
Jul 28, 2012

please do your best

Dewgy posted:

Ah, Neo Tokyo style. Delicious.

neo kobe :argh:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

I’ve seen these at the package store. My partner loves sours but I haven’t had the guts to buy these for her yet.

I fuckin want one, Natty Light sour hard seltzer are one of my favorite drinks of all time.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Gagh.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

They make a beer one too that isn't seltzer - my sister in law brought us a few different flavors (I think cherry, watermelon, blue raz and green apple) and they were just kinda meh. Not like shockingly bad, but very eh.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Yep, that's the sound I made looking at the picture too.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

hallo spacedog posted:

They make a beer one too that isn't seltzer - my sister in law brought us a few different flavors (I think cherry, watermelon, blue raz and green apple) and they were just kinda meh. Not like shockingly bad, but very eh.

Oh I didn’t look closely enough at the pic, I thought it was the beer one. Didn’t even know they also made a seltzer version.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

https://i.imgur.com/AhK5c7n.mp4

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Mm, additional calories

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

it took me way too long to see the problem lmao :barf:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

What? It's raisin bread.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

What? It's raisin bread.

Sky raisins, as my dog calls them.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Spicy Raisins are the ones my cat likes, that have stingers attached.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ror posted:

If there were pizza rules then pizza rolls wouldn't exist and then what would I shovel into my face when I'm drunk at 2AM?

Dim sims? They're a better option anyway. If you're a little drunk you can steam them. If you can't be trusted with the stove (and still have the presence of mind to realise that) then you can microwave them.

Or party pies? Again, oven if capable, otherwise microwave.

Or chicken tenders if you're feeling fancy. Probably don't microwave them though. Not sure how that'd turn out.

Don't get frozen samosas. They're terrible, even when you're drunk.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kz9zSZFCjU

Not exactly horrible but certainly weird.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/raptvcom/status/1480693923488092164

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Piled extra high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Powershift posted:

Who's ready for sushi?

Honestly I would and sadly I can, I have everything I'd need on hand.