Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

In Training posted:

how do I get my health insurance to pay for a rapid. serious question I guess I would do that

Wait until some amount of time after Jan 15th and see what your unique insurance company's hoops are. Bing bong so simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

just remembered that Biden and the democrats haven't even bothered to get rid of the Space Force, easily among the dumbest things Trump ever did

have the dems rolled back *any* republican policies in the past thirty years

Space force isn’t dumb if you’re a dem. It’s a lot of new grifts for defense contractors and consultants. Why just imagine the extra uniform grift in itself is a huge chunk of change.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

‘The Democrats Are Going To Get Destroyed In 2022,’ Says Increasingly Nervous C-Spam Poster For Two Hundred And Seventh Time This Year

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Space force isn’t dumb if you’re a dem. It’s a lot of new grifts for defense contractors and consultants. Why just imagine the extra uniform grift in itself is a huge chunk of change.

if they abolish the space force then they would lose the key demographic of people who worked on that awful steve carell show

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

Didn't they just rename a branch of the air force and otherwise change nothing except the uniforms

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

In Training posted:

how do I get my health insurance to pay for a rapid. serious question I guess I would do that

I wonder if it's an HSA rebate or something. Democrat party loves tax advantage saving accounts.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Trabisnikof posted:

What better excuse for a grift than somebody else started it

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Minecraft Holmes posted:

Didn't they just rename a branch of the air force and otherwise change nothing except the uniforms

They didn't even change the uniforms much.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

all the Democrats voted against the Trump tax cuts but now that they're actually in a position to repeal them, which could definitely be done through reconciliation since that's how they were passed in the first place, whoops not interested!

hahaha gently caress

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

except the SALT taxes, those will be a big chunk of the cost of BBB if it ever passes. i literally have $400 on it not passing by june 1

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

They made a show making fun of Space Force, only for it to actually be a fantasy about what if Space Force was good and run by liberals?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

2024: don't let ron desantis cut the space force!!

Alamani57
Dec 15, 2010

ted hitler hunter posted:

‘The Democrats Are Going To Get Destroyed In 2022,’ Says Increasingly Nervous C-Spam Poster For Two Hundred And Seventh Time This Year

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
oh poo poo! i almost forgot lol. i'm a hawaii democratic party precinct president. nice. how pointless

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

DoubleDonut posted:

just remembered that Biden and the democrats haven't even bothered to get rid of the Space Force, easily among the dumbest things Trump ever did

I think they rolled back how trump made it easier for people to access certain drugs that help addiction like suboxone or something lol

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They made a show making fun of Space Force, only for it to actually be a fantasy about what if Space Force was good and run by liberals?

Lol and they didn't even have the sack to put in a trump caricature

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the end of the first episode has a chinese space station sabotaging their satellite, effectively justifying the need for a space force to liberals right there.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ted hitler hunter posted:

Wait, are they're people who don't think this?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

didn’t watch it but assumed it was an op as soon as I saw the preview

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
The episode with the monkey was kinda funny

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Wait, are they're people who don't think this?

Democrats deserve to be destroyed in 2022, but will somehow pull off a miracle thanks to the hard work of naive volunteer campaign workers and hang on by the barest of threads, and go on to continue accomplishing nothing.

Think about it, you know it's the dumbest possible outcome.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
also the flag Neil Armstrong planted on the moon already got knocked over by the lunar module’s ascent
:goonsay:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

eSports Chaebol posted:

also the flag Neil Armstrong planted on the moon already got knocked over by the lunar module’s ascent
:goonsay:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

the only thing I am more sure of than the democrats getting destroyed in 10 months is that it will be 100% blamed on leftists for not voting blue no matter who

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
it is already preemptively being blamed on that lol

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Everyone trying to file an insurance claim for their Covid tests are about to relive the Nathan For You rebate challenge

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Yeah the libs are already acting like they lost 2022 and are already tut-tutting everyone about it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

There was a distinct moment, though I can't remember when, that everyone shrugged and decided the space force wasn't actually a bad idea. Probably right after Biden won.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

There was a distinct moment, though I can't remember when, that everyone shrugged and decided the space force wasn't actually a bad idea. Probably right after Biden won.

this but also for everything else Trump did

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
okay, second question because I couldn’t find an easy answer on Google: when was the last time the republicans held a supermajority, which as we know is the only way you can get anything done in congress

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

okay, second question because I couldn’t find an easy answer on Google: when was the last time the republicans held a supermajority, which as we know is the only way you can get anything done in congress

if you go by current filibuster rules, i.e., 60% of the Senate is needed to pass anything, then the last time the Republicans had a sufficient supermajority was in the 1921-23 Congress, when they held the Senate 59-37 and the House 300-132.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

roaring twenties lol

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

i say swears online posted:

except the SALT taxes, those will be a big chunk of the cost of BBB if it ever passes. i literally have $400 on it not passing by june 1

it's an election year, nothing will pass

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the only thing I am more sure of than the democrats getting destroyed in 10 months is that it will be 100% blamed on leftists for not voting blue no matter who

whatever. they can enjoy getting destroyed. gently caress em

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

RC Cola posted:

whatever. they can enjoy getting destroyed. gently caress em

theyll be fine

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they'll be destroyed in the sense of losing elections on a dramatic and hilarious scale. much as i might wish otherwise, the party isn't going anywhere yet.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
i meant that on a personal level, theyll be wealthy and safe

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

every year, if you assume that a majority of democrats will govern identically to republicans, which has mostly been the case

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Nobody in the government actually thought it was a bad idea. They just didn't like it because Trump took the credit for it.

Having a branch dedicated to cybersecurity would also be a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

PeterCat posted:

Nobody in the government actually thought it was a bad idea. They just didn't like it because Trump took the credit for it.

Having a branch dedicated to cybersecurity would also be a good idea.

we do. in fact we have two. army cyber and the nsa (technically not a military branch - but only technicallly)